Has promix really been discontinued?!?!?

• Thread starter JKash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
So I am finding it harder and harder to find pro-mix... one of the local NORMAL gardening stores said pro-mix had been discontinued.... anyone else hear of this???

Last edited:
D

DougV

Their website only list three distributors, all big box stores. Home Depot, Lowes, and Walmart. Maybe they just changed their distribution model.

JKash

JKash

Supporter
Their website only list three distributors, all big box stores. Home Depot, Lowes, and Walmart. Maybe they just changed their distribution model.
Even so... they don't carry bales and what is offered almost looks like a miracle gro brand

zack991

zack991

I went to menards and asked the employees. They all said they were notifed it was being discontinued and they would no longer be getting it. I have not seen it anywhere i normally do.

JKash

JKash

Supporter
I went to menards and asked the employees. They all said they were notifed it was being discontinued and they would no longer be getting it. I have not seen it anywhere i normally do.
I got a cannabis grow store that carries it... just hard for me to get there... it's 45min drive and I don't own a vehicle

Newty

Newty

Idk if your in the USA or another country but this was the list of distributors I found on the website for USA and Canada.
Screenshot 20240506 075043 Samsung Internet

zack991

zack991

Menards website has them but marked as a clearance item most showing 0 stock. They must be changing up distribution companies

JKash

JKash

Supporter
Sorry 10 bucks cheaper wtf!!!

Screenshot 20240506 102638 Chrome
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Take a look at sunshine mix #4 and see if it is comparable! I don’t know Jack about it!

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

My local hydro store (US, MA) still has it. They buy from both Hydrofarm and Hawthorne, so it sounds like they're still "in network."

Stokes

Stokes

Bummer if true. Those large bales are one of the best values out there in growing. They go a long way.

If they still offer HPCC dont sleep on it, much better than HP or BX imho

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Sorry 10 bucks cheaper wtf!!!
Those are two different products, and that's the reason for the difference in price. The more expensive version has a biofungicide.

It's available from Amazon. That's the only place I could find it. The same is true for Fox Farms products. I suspect it's because we live way out west.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Those are two different products, and that's the reason for the difference in price. The more expensive version has a biofungicide.

It's available from Amazon. That's the only place I could find it. The same is true for Fox Farms products. I suspect it's because we live way out west.

View attachment 2165701
A bag of 1.5 cubic ft fox farm goes for about $20. These bags are 3.8 cubic ft. They're pricing with shipping in mind without charging you for shipping. They are slick like that. My hydro store has pallets of this stuff just sitting there. I'm almost 100% sure they don't charge $100 a bag.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
A bag of 1.5 cubic ft fox farm goes for about $20. These bags are 3.8 cubic ft. They're pricing with shipping in mind without charging you for shipping. They are slick like that. My hydro store has pallets of this stuff just sitting there. I'm almost 100% sure they don't charge $100 a bag.
It isn't available near me. I can only order it online.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
It isn't available near me. I can only order it online.
I see some growers using this stuff with a third of compost to try a "Coots" mix kind of thing. If I wasn't set with soil for couple years I'd try this myself.

JKash

JKash

Supporter
Ya my hydro store isn't local... good 35 to 45 min away...50 bucks there... when i started growing in my current location 2 years ago soil was my biggest issue everything else I order online unfortunately.... garden store here in town ONLY sells fox farm products.... im not looking to get back into fox farm....

But I find it very discouraging in this broke ass small ass college town... used to being able to walk 5 min radius to get anything and everything needed

Figure with legal weed the stuff would be easier and same amount to buy or cheaper.... not harder and more expensive

Latest posts

Top Bottom