Have You Seen Me Before?

• Thread starter mrgrowguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Have you ever seen a plant with leaves like this? Please take a guess at what it looks like to you.

I have a buddy who popped some old seed from who knows when and who knows what bud. Of the 5 or so plants, they all had pretty standard sativa leaning hybrid leaves. Nice, but common to my experience. But one of them had this really big and deep green holly serrated leaf. Now the pics I have are of a clone, that's all I have right now to show, so they do get much larger and burlier. Very stout stalk on a more mature plant.

Throw out a guess, there are no wrong answers!

Have you seen me before
Have you seen me before 2
Have you seen me before 3
Have you seen me before 4

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Not exactly sure about the strain exactly in the case of my guess it does not matter. However it looks alot like the begining stages of the genetic mutation "Duckfeet" the discreet grower's best ally and now becoming an acceptable anomaly to the point of intentionally stabilizing it for commercial production
73blades med
7adleafs med
7DCP 0024 med

The Australian mountains and the hands of an oceanic breeder were the factors that stabilized one of the rarest anomalies one can see in the cannabis world. This is the Duckfoot mutation, named for webbed leaves, which evokes this animal’s feet. It is a genetic alteration of the classic cannabis genome that almost always occurs in sativa plants and is of a recessive nature; if you find it, you can keep it in your garden with little to no public notice of it being there.You can observe how these phenotypes look very little or nothing at all like typical pot plants.
Ducksfoot

It was the Australian grower Wally Duck who stabilized this mutation, much sought-after by those practicing discreet growing, as its leaves are very different from those of the conventional cannabis plant. Once they have it they will not let it go, since if it is crossed with “normal” varieties it produces similar phenotypes at a rate of 3 to 1. And that is a real guarantee when it comes to planting outdoor with total discretion.

Could be wrong tho just never know these days

Apollo13

Apollo13

I'm going with a fat leaf indy..I always get a mix when I pop seeds..it's the way we get slightly different genes in the same batch of seeds, like brothers, usually different but similar. I got a duck leaf kush that duck leaves it's middle leaf or it drops it down low and makes it smaller than the side leaves..if that makes sense..

H

happy b

Not exactly sure about the strain exactly in the case of my guess it does not matter. However it looks alot like the begining stages of the genetic mutation "Duckfeet" the discreet grower's best ally and now becoming an acceptable anomaly to the point of intentionally stabilizing it for commercial production
View attachment 519352 View attachment 519353 View attachment 519354

The Australian mountains and the hands of an oceanic breeder were the factors that stabilized one of the rarest anomalies one can see in the cannabis world. This is the Duckfoot mutation, named for webbed leaves, which evokes this animal’s feet. It is a genetic alteration of the classic cannabis genome that almost always occurs in sativa plants and is of a recessive nature; if you find it, you can keep it in your garden with little to no public notice of it being there.You can observe how these phenotypes look very little or nothing at all like typical pot plants.View attachment 519373

It was the Australian grower Wally Duck who stabilized this mutation, much sought-after by those practicing discreet growing, as its leaves are very different from those of the conventional cannabis plant. Once they have it they will not let it go, since if it is crossed with “normal” varieties it produces similar phenotypes at a rate of 3 to 1. And that is a real guarantee when it comes to planting outdoor with total discretion.

Could be wrong tho just never know these days
Great info.thats what i first thought.iv had plants throw leaves similar to those grow guy but i cant remember what it was.
the plant looks really healthy anyway.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Thanks guys! I love the ideas, and feel free to keep them coming!

I can say that I don't recall seeing the duckfeet on the mature plant this came from. I really like the notion of a mutation though. I will try to look closer next time I'm at my friend's hoose. But the general lead structure does look very similar to those pics @KiLoEleMeNt

I can say, for absolutely sure, that the mature leaves keep that unique "ruffle" to the leaves. And it does look like super healthy genetics one way or the other. It clones like a dream and is hardy to boot.

When a lot of leaves start to get bigger, the plant looks like seaweed tangling together in a kelp bed.

If I can remember, I'll post pics in a few months of some buds and a more mature plant. I've seen the mother, but have not seen it flower out yet. I only know she's female.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Rock on.. you probably won't see the duck foot it took many many breeding programs for Duck to get his to look like that when you flower it out I will almost bet on the fact that you will grow bud on your leafs no joke rite where the stem ends and leaf growth starts like this here
Cogollos en hojas blog cdn

The mutation I think you have is called (ABC) "Australian bastard cannabis" and comes in a few forms here is another way it can look almost like a revegg
Australian bastard cannabis blog cdn

The actual duckfeet was bred to grow how it does but the mutation itself has many forms

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

@KiLoEleMeNt Those plants looks incredibly interesting, especially the bud in the center of the leaf!

I know the one I have will end up with normal-ish looking leaves; just big, burly, lumpy/wrinkled, and deep green (almost blue-green in sunlight). I forget how many blades it has.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Seedsman.com has frizian duckfeet I want sum but they are feminized

@mrgrowguy I'll say this it is an interesting one that's for sure can't wait to see it come out full bloom

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I looked up that frizian duckfeet and I would want that too, except like you said, it's feminized. I would love to have a duckfeet male for an interesting structure.

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

Those aren't ducksfoot leaves, those fat bottom ones are maple leaf and single leaf! That is cool as hell! You say this is a clone? Did the mother have leaves like that? Did the mother happen to be in early flower when the clones was taken?

I found two ducksfoot plants in a sam the skunkman seeds...he said that he never had any ducks before but I got two and they were extremely indica slow growing plants with no stretch...they took four weeks to start flowering, then another eight to finish...potent as hell rock hard buds, smelled like burning rubber and fuel...I had a third that was similar but with normal leaves and slightly bigger but the same smell and bigger yield...the ducks were as good as anything I've ever smoked...

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Those aren't ducksfoot leaves, those fat bottom ones are maple leaf and single leaf! That is cool as hell! You say this is a clone? Did the mother have leaves like that? Did the mother happen to be in early flower when the clones was taken?

I found two ducksfoot plants in a sam the skunkman seeds...he said that he never had any ducks before but I got two and they were extremely indica slow growing plants with no stretch...they took four weeks to start flowering, then another eight to finish...potent as hell rock hard buds, smelled like burning rubber and fuel...I had a third that was similar but with normal leaves and slightly bigger but the same smell and bigger yield...the ducks were as good as anything I've ever smoked...

Hey @johnnyrotten Thanks for the info!

Yeah, I got this one as a clone. The OP is a clone of that original clone. He showed me the mother plant a few times (his plant is from seed) and the leaves are the same texture and serration, but the leaves are more spread out - not as straight forward as the pictures in my OP. And a little deeper green. The seed is absolutely unkown, so it really could be anything. However, it can't be any of the new strains, it is at least 8 years old.

No idea about the flower, it was started outside too early so it started to flower and reveg'd after about two weeks of showing female.

Last edited:
johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

yeah, those crazy leaves are caused by it being in flower and then going into reveg...just keep it under 24hr light, it should start sprouting leaves like the mother once it is fully back in veg...

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

@johnnyrotten I got to see the mother plant just before she started to sex and then again as she started to reveg. Her big mature leaves stayed the same the whole time, and they look just like the leaves on my clone. Except bigger and more fanned out. Same texture and color for the most part.

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

ok, gotcha...so your buddy hasn't had any bud from the mother or clones before?

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

not yet, so it may turn out to be nothing. Or as I'd rather see it, it could be something great. :)

Either way, I haven't seen this leaf type before. So I was curious if anyone has seen strains with leaves like this and what they were. Not to try to pin point what it is, but a very general idea of what it might be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom