Healthy but suspect she has an issue

• Thread starter 564xxl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
564xxl

564xxl

Hey folks
Always been a spring outdoor grower in Melb. Austalia ... without too many issues
I have recently started my first indoor tent grow.... but I suspect all is not right
The beast is Zkittlez auto
She's 3.5 weeks old
Leaves are huge and looks healthy apart from dark veins and starting ... just starting to mottl
Is it Ni burn? Or could it be her reacting to cold
( my heat mat was unplugged and she was at 18 C from previous 24c for about a week
Suggestions please so she grows into the monster she has in her
Thanks all
Photos of her below ( the big plant ) and the same thing happening in a 2week old baby ... you can work out which is which by size
Took her outside for photo
Oh going in coco coir perlite mix

Healthy but suspect she has an issue
Healthy but suspect she has an issue 2
Healthy but suspect she has an issue 3
Healthy but suspect she has an issue 4
Healthy but suspect she has an issue 5
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Looks fine so far.
You mentioned it’s in coco, are you feeding it nutrients? If not is probably hungry.

564xxl

564xxl

Looks fine so far.
You mentioned it’s in coco, are you feeding it nutrients? If not is probably hungry.
Thanks for response . Using Mills Basis A & B about 1litre every 2-3 days ....what is making me suspicious is between veins she is a bit mottled
You can see when you zoom in on leaves above
Or the photo below ..... grown a few over the years and leaf colour has always been a fairly consistent green ... mottled has me worried

IMG 7479
W

wakey123

I think you need to increase the fertigations.
Plants need more in coco. Multiple daily feeds are common place.

m8ty

m8ty

Notice how some of the leaf blade is curving to one side? That's a Mag issue, the question now is why is there a Mag issue when you are feeding nutrients? 🤔 can you provide some details of the feeding process?

Stokes

Stokes

Its magnesium. Never used mills but would think its has calmag in the a/b. If its a cheap coco it more than likely needs to be rinsed and buffered for use, otherwise all the calmag will bind to the coco and wont be available to plants. As mentioned you can use epsom salt, applied in feed or directly with foliar sprays. Foliars can get you out of a bind, but its debated on how much the plant actually absorbs.

If its straight coco you should be feeding to runoff daily, especially if its outside. A little dryback is good for roots but if its completely drying out its bad for them.

You look like you might be overfeeding. No fault to you tho, most companies want you to overfeed so you buy more nutrients. At this point i would only be feeding at 1.1 EC or so. Coco is an amazing medium but to use it properly you need a ph/ec pen.

Stokes

Stokes

Thanks for response . Using Mills Basis A & B about 1litre every 2-3 days ....what is making me suspicious is between veins she is a bit mottled
You can see when you zoom in on leaves above
Or the photo below ..... grown a few over the years and leaf colour has always been a fairly consistent green ... mottled has me worried

Sorry to hijack your reply, but 1 liter isnt enough for coco. It seems wasteful but in coco you have to feed until runoff, unless youre going organic and treating it as soil. What happens if you dont water to adequate runoff is that all those salts (nutrients)build up in the rootzone and cause a super high ec, which makes it so your plant cant absorb the nutrients. Iirc it will dehydrate the plant too.

Next feeding i would run atleast 3 liters through it, or atleast until substantial water is coming out. You want water coming out EVERY feeding.

It seems like alot but its really not, stick with it dude you can grow monsters

564xxl

564xxl

Sorry to hijack your reply, but 1 liter isnt enough for coco. It seems wasteful but in coco you have to feed until runoff, unless youre going organic and treating it as soil. What happens if you dont water to adequate runoff is that all those salts (nutrients)build up in the rootzone and cause a super high ec, which makes it so your plant cant absorb the nutrients. Iirc it will dehydrate the plant too.

Next feeding i would run atleast 3 liters through it, or atleast until substantial water is coming out. You want water coming out EVERY feeding.

It seems like alot but its really not, stick with it dude you can grow monsters
Awesome detailed answer
I will get to work today
And put u some follow up photos
Cheers

564xxl

564xxl

Its magnesium. Never used mills but would think its has calmag in the a/b. If its a cheap coco it more than likely needs to be rinsed and buffered for use, otherwise all the calmag will bind to the coco and wont be available to plants. As mentioned you can use epsom salt, applied in feed or directly with foliar sprays. Foliars can get you out of a bind, but its debated on how much the plant actually absorbs.

If its straight coco you should be feeding to runoff daily, especially if its outside. A little dryback is good for roots but if its completely drying out its bad for them.

You look like you might be overfeeding. No fault to you tho, most companies want you to overfeed so you buy more nutrients. At this point i would only be feeding at 1.1 EC or so. Coco is an amazing medium but to use it properly you need a ph/ec pen.
On it from today.. thanks for thorough and detailed answerđź‘Ť

Latest posts

Top Bottom