Hello All.

• Thread starter PotHoney
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PotHoney

This is my first post here. I hope everyone is doing well.

A friend gave me a jar of pot honey and it tastes like glycerine. Is there any way to extract the glycerine now that it's all mixed?

Would it damage any of the other compounds or bonds, or take any of the cannabanoids with it?

It's not a big deal if it's impossible, I just don't like the flavor of the glycerine. The same friend gave me a jar before that he used a different method to make and it actually tasted like cannabis. I like the way the cannabis has that slow grassy burn as it's going down.

The glycerine in this jar just overpowers that flavor, as well as the smell of it.

Also, my friend is hooking me up with equipment to start making honey on my own, so i'm sure i'll be around.

Thank You!

P

PotHoney

Sooooo...maybe this is an impossible thing to do? As I said, it's not really that big a deal. I've found out that the glycerine is also a laxative, which is not necessarily a bad thing. You just have to watch it. I'll keep it, but I think i'm going to seek out another 1/2 oz. and have another jar whipped up. I've been researching the chemistry of it all, but haven't found any relevant info yet.

Ponky

Ponky

It's not good now. Glycerine is mixed into low quality cartridges. You want shatter or live resin or press rosin or a full range extract. Honey oil is somewhat outdated. If you just want to dab press rosin is easy and safe and cheap. Honey oil blows the roof off. Literally.

P

PotHoney

I don't follow exactly what you said. So are you saying that all hope is gone with this jar of honey? I was thinking surely there would be a way to separate these chemicals. I pooped 3 times yesterday.

What do you mean honey oil? Now I have been present before when my friend actually pressed the flower in his Nug Smasher, and I watched the resin ooze out and collect on wax paper. It's then de-carbed and mixed with lecithin and honey. I don't know yet what all these ingredients do within the mixture, nor how they bind, but I know that that is the process that I like the most. It's so rich and flavorful. The last jar I had was with buckwheat honey, and it was divine.

Again, not a big deal. The stuff has laxative effects and so it's good like medicine. I want to start a collection of various infused honey, and this stuff is quite valuable. It's just that awful taste. I know glycerine is natural and non-toxic, but it tastes so synthetic.

Thanks!

P

PotHoney

There's got to be some ingredient I can mix into it and it binds with the glycerine causing it to separate. One would think something like that would be possible considering our age of technology. I wonder if local colleges would be able to help me out. Perhaps contacting some chemistry professors. I can't find anything on the internet about it.

I could just start experimenting with various other chemicals, maybe vinegar, olive oil, just random stuff I have in the fridge and cabinets and see what happens. There has got to be a path forward.

Ponky

Ponky

Wait are you eating it or smoking it? You can eat it just fine. If it's food grade.

P

PotHoney

Eating it. Yes, food grade glycerine was used. I just don't like the taste. I just heard back from my friend though and he says that even if I was successful to get everything to separate, then all I would have would be concentrated infused glycerine.

I'm good. I'm just going to keep this around for medicinal, and have another jar made from pressing the resin and then mixing it with some good honey.

This all looks fun! I'm looking forward to learning more about this and making my own!

Thanks!

Ponky

Ponky

Eating it. Yes, food grade glycerine was used. I just don't like the taste. I just heard back from my friend though and he says that even if I was successful to get everything to separate, then all I would have would be concentrated infused glycerine.

I'm good. I'm just going to keep this around for medicinal, and have another jar made from pressing the resin and then mixing it with some good honey.

This all looks fun! I'm looking forward to learning more about this and making my own!

Thanks!
High fat chocolate will help it taste better and deliver it efficiently.

T

tokingteepee

It's not good now. Glycerine is mixed into low quality cartridges. You want shatter or live resin or press rosin or a full range extract. Honey oil is somewhat outdated. If you just want to dab press rosin is easy and safe and cheap. Honey oil blows the roof off. Literally.
It's a matter of health. I used Delta 9 Distillate honey oil in Canada. There is a chance that you got faulty product and thanks to God that you are safe.

S

stevensmith

It's a matter of health. I used Delta 9 Distillate honey oil in Canada. There is a chance that you got faulty product and thanks to God that you are safe.
Absolutely, health and safety should always be a top priority, especially when it comes to cannabis products. It's fortunate that you're okay after using the Delta 9 Distillate honey oil. Ensuring that the products we consume are of high quality and meet safety standards is crucial. That's one of the reasons why purchasing from a legal cannabis dispensary can provide peace of mind, knowing that products are regulated and tested for quality and safety. Always prioritize your health when selecting cannabis products.

Top Bottom