Hello, new grower here

• Thread starter XanderSuave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

XanderSuave

If your 400w light is still 16" above the top of this seedling. Nothing you do will matter.
The light is still to close. You need to move the light up at least another 14" and shade the seedling.

Your light is much more powerful than you think it is. As your plant's get bigger, Maybe they will be able to handle this light at 24" but a seedling like you are growing here 30" no closer. That's 30" from the top of the plant to the light.
And if you can. Move it off in a corner of the tent so it's not under the hottest part of your light.

Give it a good drink and stick it back in the corner. If you have another plant you can shade it with do so.
If no plant is available shade it with a peace of cardboard for 2 weeks. Then leave the plant in the corner. Remove the shade. Feed water see how she comes along.
I moved the light as close as it is because my plants were stretching so much I read that at a lower power this is okay. Do you think the way my plants look indicates that the light is too close and strong?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I just told you what to do.
We can go around and around in circles, You can ask the same question 10 different ways and the answer will be the same as I posted above.

X

XanderSuave

I just told you what to do.
We can go around and around in circles, You can ask the same question 10 different ways and the answer will be the same as I posted above.
Okay, thanks. I will try what you said. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can with as much information as possible. Sorry if that is irritating to you. I guess I just thought that is what this forum is all about

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I get it bud. Sorry if I'm a little short. I try not to be, but I cannot change what is. If I think that the light is to intense for your seedling, refrazing the question will not change that, and I get lot's of guys that will ask the same question 40 different ways, go around and around, burn there plant and then be mad at me because they read something in a book some place.

Basically it's up to you. You can keep doing what you have been doing or you can take my advice, move the light up and shade the seedling. With a little luck the seedling will recover from being burned in a couple of weeks. Green up and start growing for you again. Or you can hang out and see what a few of the other experienced guys have to say. What ever works for you I won't be offended.

sourorangedieselkush

sourorangedieselkush

I always promote dry amendments, like gaia and maybe some pre-made compost tea like recharge. I think it's a ton easier. But that being said @Imzzaudae
Knows their stuff đź‘Ť
Gaia green is great but timing it is difficult being new to me lol. Being it takes 15 days to breakdown

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Just top dress a week before you flip to flower and you'll be fine. If you are really worried use a compost tea and they will speed things along

Choppr

Choppr

Your trying to grow roots, you want forager roots to spread out on search of water. The roots wont grow if there is too much water, let them cups dry back to 30%. As far as your light, put a hygrometer at the Soil surface, temp at the surface should be 77-81F, adjust by height/or by power setting! the micro climate your trying to create is "early spring time" when the sun is close/warm. As long as temps at the Plant is 77-81 they are fine! Right-on!

Last edited:
juanderer

juanderer

I moved the light as close as it is because my plants were stretching so much I read that at a lower power this is okay. Do you think the way my plants look indicates that the light is too close and strong?
Let them stretch. They will know what to do with that stretch once you up pot.

I got a little nervous about one of mine stretching "too much" at the beginning. It did well after it had more soil to spread its roots into.

X

XanderSuave

I get it bud. Sorry if I'm a little short. I try not to be, but I cannot change what is. If I think that the light is to intense for your seedling, refrazing the question will not change that, and I get lot's of guys that will ask the same question 40 different ways, go around and around, burn there plant and then be mad at me because they read something in a book some place.

Basically it's up to you. You can keep doing what you have been doing or you can take my advice, move the light up and shade the seedling. With a little luck the seedling will recover from being burned in a couple of weeks. Green up and start growing for you again. Or you can hang out and see what a few of the other experienced guys have to say. What ever works for you I won't be offended.
Sorry but could you provide an example of shading with cardboard? I can't find any examples online. Do I just block the light to the plants completely but still let the light shine throughout the tent?

R

Ranoboy

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Take some pictures of your setup large or small does not matter.
Post them.
Tell us what you have for a light. How high above your plants.
Power setting?
Potting mix? Pot size?
Fertilizer?
Do you have?
P.H Meter?
E.C Meter?
PPM Meter?
Give us all the information you can think of.
Ask any question. This is a great forum.
Hi there can you please advise me im. Looking to set up my first grow
Looking to grow 50 plants in a 10x10 room
Plant strain in lemon skunk hybrid
What led light set up would i need for this
As well as best potting mix Nd all of the above
Any info would be greatly appreciated, kind regards

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Hi there can you please advise me im. Looking to set up my first grow
Looking to grow 50 plants in a 10x10 room
Plant strain in lemon skunk hybrid
What led light set up would i need for this
As well as best potting mix Nd all of the above
Any info would be greatly appreciated, kind regards
Might I suggest starting your own thread to help you along. You'll get more responses that way rather then reviving someone elses older thread. đź‘Ť

Latest posts

Top Bottom