How Are You Warehouse Guys Receiving Your Co2?

• Thread starter noone88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

noone88

This is for the bottle people, obviously, and not folks using burners.

I'm guessing it involves setting up an account with AirGas, and having them deliver 50 pound tanks?

Or if security is an issue, do you folks swap out the tanks by driving it yourself? <== i don't want to do that

What's the process like for receiving dewars?

I am in California.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I have a bank of 250# tanks with a receiver fill fitting on the outside of my building. I am on a route like a restaurants are and they fill my tanks once a week from the outside without me even having to be there.

http://www.greenco2systems.com/
please go into more detail on how this works, You have 250# tanks you have mover around or are the tanks in the rooms and some how the remote fill everything ?

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Sounds like there all plumed in and it also has a remote fill

tank would be stationary

50YardLine

50YardLine

Why not fill up a 250 gallon tank or bigger? Like propane?

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Is the cost bennefit better with the tanks over C02 Burners ? We have always run Burners ..Thank @Texas Kid

N

noone88

There seems to be an issue with incomplete combustion and propane burners. I am unsure if this applies to NG burners.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Can't run burners and pass a fire inspection..they are kin of funny about open flames in a warehouse

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Bigger tanks are a bitch because of the pressure rating requirement, propane home systems are low pressure, and also when you need to refill they have to purge off all the remaining gas before they can refill so it ends up costing you more to refill

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

How does it work when fillin your bank of tanks? I thought it was all by weight, I take my aluminum 50lber's to the shop and swap out =)

-lurkin

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Bigger tanks are a bitch because of the pressure rating requirement, propane home systems are low pressure, and also when you need to refill they have to purge off all the remaining gas before they can refill so it ends up costing you more to refill
If you get some extra time and I (WE) all know your busy with the grow, Snap some more pics on the C02 setup..Thanks...:)

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I big ass co2 fill truck hooks into a pressurized fill fitting on the outside of my building and fills the tanks, just like the do restaurant "bag in box" systems..I get an invoice once a month for my total pounds used at like .31 cents per pound

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

This is for the bottle people, obviously, and not folks using burners.

I'm guessing it involves setting up an account with AirGas, and having them deliver 50 pound tanks?

Or if security is an issue, do you folks swap out the tanks by driving it yourself? <== i don't want to do that

What's the process like for receiving dewars?

I am in California.

find yourself a welding gas supplier(like praxair or another reputable company)....then go and open yourself up an account with them...they will rent you out the tanks if you dont have them, and just exchange the tanks everytime they deliver or you pick up more co2...or if you have your own tanks then they will fill them....either way, nothing suspicious about them, its a welding gas supply company, they supply all kinds of gas, including co2 and dry ice, mostly for mig welding

Olyver

Olyver

I use 3 x 100lb tanks, take them to Praxair and swap them about once every 2 month, tanks are the only way to go. Even if you're a larger setup, get several 250lb tanks like TK.

Latest posts

Top Bottom