How do i clone a hedge?

• Thread starter SRHninja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What type of hedge are you trying to get to take? Last year I was given a great deal on very small Italian cypress, and I wanted more so looked into using cuttings. It's a bit involved, but didn't look terribly difficult.

420king-MASSES

oh theres a really easy way it takes like 3-4 weeks but its done while being attached to the tree////okay take a film canister case and make hole at bottom[big enough to fit a branch or size of limb you want to cut] slice it in half the long wayfrom hole to top them go to said limb put half the cannister on limb then put other half on tape them together then fill in cannister with some peat and perlite moisten medium put cannister top on [which also has a hole] and close come back 3-4 weeks later and check for roots if rooted cut below cannister and voila you have a cut hedge cutting

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
AIR LAYERING! Yeah? That's what it's called, right? All the baby Italian cypress I got died, except one that's holding on.

420king-MASSES

i forgot one importanty aspect and that is to remove the bark from where you want the roots to develop also it wouldnt hurt to put some rooting hormone on the same spot [to help encourage roots as well]
seamaiden whats up hows left coast livin anyways as to your question i am not sure what it is called i saw a guy do it a few years back on hgtv he is sorta a hippie dude with salt and pepper hair and stash wheres glasses

Top Bottom