How long do you guys and gals typically dry/cure for?

• Thread starter YoungBuck1013
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
YoungBuck1013

YoungBuck1013

How long do you guys and gals normally dry/cure for? I typically try to shoot for a 10-12 day dry and I typically cure for 2 weeks.

ACSippi

ACSippi

Crickets lol
There are things we talk about and things we don't. That skill is all us OGs have left that separates us from everyone else. Once those beans are spilled we're irrelevant. We can get you there, we just can't help you cross the line.

Yeah I'm a gatekeeper lol

kenaibuds

kenaibuds

How long do you guys and gals normally dry/cure for? I typically try to shoot for a 10-12 day dry and I typically cure for 2 weeks.
I go by feel instead of any highly controlled recipe, since my conditions change at different times of the year.

I like to dry them whole, or branches on a hangar if the plant is pretty big. They stay that way until one of the smaller branches kinks in a way that it almost breaks. 6-9 days.

Buck the fan leaves if you haven’t already, take off whatever else you don’t like.

Grab an odorless black trash bag, throw all that shit in there. Tie it up for 12 hours. But don’t let it sit… too long and you’ll bring out the hay. Let the moisture homogenize within all the material. This brings the moisture on the inside back out to the crispy bud surface.

Dry it again, until one of those semi skinny branches break. Maybe another 12 hours. Maybe a day if it’s a little more humid.

Clip off the buds, fill your container. I leave about a finger of air at the top of a mason jar.

One month is primo. Two months is even better. How long can you wait? I can’t wait longer than a few weeks to crack the first one. Haha

G

Growth

New grower ✌️

I grow indoor . Buds hang dry, 2-3 days. Jar them.Burp them. I also add humidity pack ✌️
2-3 days is way too short. 2 weeks is most common, 1 week for some people.

It depends on humidity but if your humidity is so low that they dry in 2-3 days you're drying them too fast which will make them more harsh.

G

Growth

What you do is perfect. Stick with it. Try to dry at 55-60 humidity for a week and a half to two weeks. Then stick it in a jar, loosely packed so airflow can happen.

Open them for a few minutes daily (I like to do it in a room with a fan on, or outside for airflow) and you can even buy tiny little humidity measurers that are like the size of a peanut.

I throw those in my jars and make sure the humidity stays at 50-60ish, if it goes higher I open the jar so it doesn't get moldy.

After a while in an airtight jar it will stay at 50-60 and you can stop burping and just leave them. The longer they cure the better, but two weeks is minimum.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Perhaps 3-4 days and then into a paper bag for about the same.

Once it’s 62-63 into the grove bay.

At this point it probably burns fine and for testing purposes it’s perfect.

Definitely after a few weeks in grove bag it tastes a bit better and then continues until it’s all smoked up or gifted.

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

My dry area usually takes 10 - 12 days with the humidifier going full tilt. Right now in the winter, it's about a week unfortunately. Too fast for my liking.. Then into the grove bags they go for at least 2 weeks with boveda packs to keep it around 60% rh

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
When we harvest, we cut the stems to roughly 6-inch lengths and put them in the drying tent for a week to 10 days. Then we move them to Grove bags for 4- to 6-weeks and store them in a dark cabinet. Sometimes we trim after drying and sometimes we trim after curing.

Top Bottom