How long till harvest? First grow

• Thread starter BigEd001
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BigEd001

Not sure on harvest time. I’m thinking a few weeks yet trying to estimate when to flush. Giving booster at this point got some fan leaves yellowing but thinking more energy going into buds at this point

How long till harvest first grow
How long till harvest first grow 2
How long till harvest first grow 3
How long till harvest first grow 4
NickSkyland

NickSkyland

In the almost exact same boat here. Trying to guess how long it has left so I can flush too. I went ahead and fed it yesterday since I can't find a single amber colored tric.

Clear/white blend together but Amber sticks out. After they start turning Amber, you have 4 weeks at least until THC degradation, giving plenty of time for flushing.

20230912 071535

Last edited:
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Not sure on harvest time. I’m thinking a few weeks yet trying to estimate when to flush.
Only a few pistils have turned amber color, so yes, a few weeks till harvest. The best indicator is the trichomes on the buds. They should be cloudy or amber. A 15x or higher jeweler's loupe is useful for checking trichomes.

Why are you planning to flush?

Giving booster at this point got some fan leaves yellowing but thinking more energy going into buds at this point
Yellowing of lower fan leaves is common. The plant is using mobile nutrients from them to support flowering.

R

Rodgerrabbit

I guess you ask a good question here. Best response I got is "monkey see monkey do", which ain't a great response. I read how a lot of growers do it. Either to remove heavier metals or make plant burn off its own green stuff.
Hi mate I grow in the uk and for me I flush the last 10days I use coco and perlite I flush a few days longer than my friend and my bud always smokes cleaner well to us lot it does I have white ash he gets white but with black in just my personal opinion but for me 10days is perfect each to there own just some advice from my own experience

B

BigEd001

Only a few pistils have turned amber color, so yes, a few weeks till harvest. The best indicator is the trichomes on the buds. They should be cloudy or amber. A 15x or higher jeweler's loupe is useful for checking trichomes.

Why are you planning to flush?

Yellowing of lower fan leaves is common. The plant is using mobile nutrients from them to support flowering.
I figured the yellowing wasn’t a big deal yes planning on flush for at least a week possibly longer just trying to get the timing right. Want to provide as much support to bud development as possible before flush. But I guess with plenty of fan leaves there is a good amount of nutrients to support the buds after flush.

3cats

3cats

Not sure on harvest time. I’m thinking a few weeks yet trying to estimate when to flush. Giving booster at this point got some fan leaves yellowing but thinking more energy going into buds at this point
Flushing is Bro science Dr. Bruce Bugby has a clip on it. I don't flush, I give diminishing amounts of nutes every feed after 9 weeks. What other plants get flushed?. Tobacco? Apples? Wheat? Do you flush outdoor plants?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Flushing is Bro science Dr. Bruce Bugby has a clip on it. I don't flush, I give diminishing amounts of nutes every feed after 9 weeks. What other plants get flushed?. Tobacco? Apples? Wheat? Do you flush outdoor plants?
^ This! 👍

The basic idea is to remove nutrients that are believed to cause poor flavor. That can easily be accomplished by reducing the nutrients before harvest. The plant removes nutrients as it consumes all it can find. I tend to believe that drying and curing methods have a bigger impact on flavor.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I figured the yellowing wasn’t a big deal yes planning on flush for at least a week possibly longer just trying to get the timing right. Want to provide as much support to bud development as possible before flush. But I guess with plenty of fan leaves there is a good amount of nutrients to support the buds after flush.
Buds are an important part of the reproductive stage, so plants direct their energies to producing them. Yellowing leaves are an indication of the nutrition available to the plant. It's less likely to sacrifice itself if it can get what it needs from its roots, so I prefer to see leaves stay green (that is, continue photosynthesis) at least until mid-flower. There are many ways to think about that, though.

B

BigEd001

Update she’s getting there still thinking she needs a little time to work on buds every time I think we’re close she keeps getting fatter 😂

IMG 1445
IMG 1444
IMG 1443
IMG 1442
IMG 1441
IMG 1440
3cats

3cats

Update she’s getting there still thinking she needs a little time to work on buds every time I think we’re close she keeps getting fatter 😂
I think 10 weeks is minimum for most Indica leaning plants

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I've seen some plants just refuse to fade and some that have faded in hot soil. As long as your not nitrogen heavy(dark green leaves is real.bad in flower) you should be fine letting the plant do what it wants.

3cats

3cats

10 weeks flower or total? It’s an auto at 9 weeks total 5 weeks flower
10 weeks of flower, about 8 weeks after buds form, I'm at 11 now and they're done. This pic at 10 weeks, too heavy for my feeble tie job and a strain that foxtailed bad on me from having them too close to my lights.

3cats

3cats

I've seen some plants just refuse to fade and some that have faded in hot soil. As long as your not nitrogen heavy(dark green leaves is real.bad in flower) you should be fine letting the plant do what it wants.
Refuse to fade? they don't have to until the very end with a good feed schedule. If you want fade for color in pics and your leaves are too green then water with RO water only, within 3-4 days of your first water they'll fade, twice and they'll die off

B

BigEd001

Well I’m being patient the yellowing is getting bad cutting off leaves as they die or dry. Almost 90 percent cloudy tricomes no amber. Buds are pretty dense and fat. Water only at this point for about 3 days thinking of harvest Friday unless y’all think she’s still got some time left?

IMG 1477
IMG 1476
IMG 1475
IMG 1474
JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Looks a like a couple or more weeks

I have great white shark that is behind my others are closer to harvesting

1st pic is further behind my others...

20230930 074015