How Many Plants?

• Thread starter Dawgpistils
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dawgpistils

Hi guys
I'm wondering how many plants to grow in a 3x3 tent using a 400 watt hps in soil
I know more plants less veg and less plants more veg
I'm planning on a 10-11 week harvest from seed so two weeks of veg ( three max)
Would it work with 9 plants in a 2 gal or 3 gal pot

I'm not looking to incorporate any training or vegging out fewer plants So really not sog either (not worth buying all the seeds and I'm only planning on a one 3x3 for veg/flower

This will be my first indoor grow and I'm looking to hit between 7~10 Oz dry weight is this possible for a 3x3 400watt setup

Toaster79

Toaster79

You won't get far with 2 weeks of veg from seed. You could just run your tent 12/12 all the time. You would also be better off with autos with your time plan as they start flowering earlier than photos. Photos need 4-8 weeks before they're mature enough to start flowering. With autos you cen get away between 70-90 days seed to harvest although some go up to 110 days.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Hi guys
I'm wondering how many plants to grow in a 3x3 tent using a 400 watt hps in soil
I know more plants less veg and less plants more veg
I'm planning on a 10-11 week harvest from seed so two weeks of veg ( three max)
Would it work with 9 plants in a 2 gal or 3 gal pot

I'm not looking to incorporate any training or vegging out fewer plants So really not sog either (not worth buying all the seeds and I'm only planning on a one 3x3 for veg/flower

This will be my first indoor grow and I'm looking to hit between 7~10 Oz dry weight is this possible for a 3x3 400watt setup

I go by the 1 plant per square foot rule. That would be 9 plants for you.

But you would want to aim for 50 watts of lighting per square foot as well.

D

Dawgpistils

If I was to do 9 what size would you veg them to before flipping the lights
And what size pot's would you recommend
If I was looking to get a Oz per plant 9 plants = 9 oz's
I'm OK with a 400 in a 3x3 was thinking of a 600 watt but my electric Is a coin meter and get 6kwh for €2 coin along with my exhaust fan running and clip on fan that metre would be tripping lol

D

Dawgpistils

Cheers mate but I really don't want to grow out auto's I'd like to almost push it to the max with out going crazy with normal strains I'll be looking for a 55/ 65 day finisher with a nice yield and quality smoke too probably a indica dominant hybrid

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
If I was to do 9 what size would you veg them to before flipping the lights
And what size pot's would you recommend
If I was looking to get a Oz per plant 9 plants = 9 oz's
I'm OK with a 400 in a 3x3 was thinking of a 600 watt but my electric Is a coin meter and get 6kwh for €2 coin along with my exhaust fan running and clip on fan that metre would be tripping lol

I would invest in an assortment of sizes for transplanting as roots fill each pot.
"4, 1 gallon, 2 gallons, 3 gallons & some 5 gallons.

I personally have a 2x2 tent and if I had used 1 gallon pots as my final size. I could have squeezed 9 pots in there touching each other.

But since I'm mainlining. My goal was four 3 gallon pots and big bushes.

I just transplanted my 5 plants into 2 gallon pots in my 2x2 tent. If I get no males they will finish out in them. But if I get 1 male they go into the 3 gallon pots.

So really you will have to be prepared for whatever may happen. You could end up with 1 female out of 9 and need to grow a monster in 1 big pot to compensate. Or 9 females all left in little pots (maybe 1 gallon).
Or anything in between. It's like playing the lottery.

D

Dawgpistils

I would invest in an assortment of sizes for transplanting as roots fill each pot.
"4, 1 gallon, 2 gallons, 3 gallons & some 5 gallons.

I personally have a 2x2 tent and if I had used 1 gallon pots as my final size. I could have squeezed 9 pots in there touching each other.

But since I'm mainlining. My goal was four 3 gallon pots and big bushes.

I just transplanted my 5 plants into 2 gallon pots in my 2x2 tent. If I get no males they will finish out in them. But if I get 1 male they go into the 3 gallon pots.

So really you will have to be prepared for whatever may happen. You could end up with 1 female out of 9 and need to grow a monster in 1 big pot to compensate. Or 9 females all left in little pots (maybe 1 gallon).
Or anything in between. It's like playing the lottery.

I will be buying female seeds so I hope they will all be female lol
I'm looking at vanilla kush Barney's or blue cheese diafem not quite sure yet I'm looking for a nice yielded that's quality smoke

Example all 9 fems popped and are all going well looking like they will be grown out
Would a 2 gal pot be enough for them if I was planning on flipping at around 9 - 12 inches
And would 9 oz's be dreaming?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I will be buying female seeds so I hope they will all be female lol
I'm looking at vanilla kush Barney's or blue cheese diafem not quite sure yet I'm looking for a nice yielded that's quality smoke

Example all 9 fems popped and are all going well looking like they will be grown out
Would a 2 gal pot be enough for them if I was planning on flipping at around 9 - 12 inches
And would 9 oz's be dreaming?

I think 2 gal pot per plant would get you an oz+ each. Just a matter of veg time & whether or not 9 would fit in your tent in 2 gallon pots.

D

Dawgpistils

The tent kit I'm looking at buying is 100 x100 x 170 so just a little over 3x3 but I won't have much head room with the diameter off the light + reflector plus leaving at least 18 inches from the canopy top and also the height of the pot so I'd say I'll be left with around 3 ft of plant height
So if I veggie close to a ft height I'll be allowing around 2ft of growing on the flip
I think I'll go with the 2 gal pots so that would be around 7 litres

If it gets crowded I'll have to figure something out at the time

I'd consider doing maybe 6 in 3 gal pots but no longer than a month from seed to flip I don't know if that would work either though

D

Dawgpistils

I'd stay away from that Barney's Farm stuff. I've seen nothing but disappointment with their stuff.
@Limonene loves 'em but, not me! Lmao!

Haha to tell you the truth it's not easy trying to pick seeds I've read countless reviews of nearly every breeder and every type of strain and some praise some give bad reviews I'd live to grow some og kush or sour d but I'm in Europe and it's all clone only and all the s1 seeds are herm prone so I'm pretty much bamboozled on what to grow lol

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

If you're buying from a quality breeder the fem seeds you buy aren't gonna be s1's.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
The tent kit I'm looking at buying is 100 x100 x 170 so just a little over 3x3 but I won't have much head room with the diameter off the light + reflector plus leaving at least 18 inches from the canopy top and also the height of the pot so I'd say I'll be left with around 3 ft of plant height
So if I veggie close to a ft height I'll be allowing around 2ft of growing on the flip

If you can utilize an air cooled hood. You could reduce the distance between the light and the canopy considerably.

D

Dawgpistils

A foot in 4 weeks?

What medium?

Soil? Not going to happen
It's going to stretch a bit on the flip to I believe should be able to get a foot in a month I don't know mate I'm a green horn so I'm definitely no expert but looking at videos and grow journals
As I mentioned I only want a month from seed to flip and a 8 week finisher + 7-10 days dry n 3 -4 week cure put me on 4 months from seed to smoke it's a long time but I'm not prepared to grow perpetual or sog I only plan on using one tent veg/flower

D

Dawgpistils

If you're buying from a quality breeder the fem seeds you buy aren't gonna be s1's.

I know but I don't know any all the reviews have positive and negative feedback I don't want to be half way through my first grow and be plagued with Nanners!! Lol
What would your top 5 breeders be if your allowed to post them, thanks

Toaster79

Toaster79

With soil you're looking more like 8-9 weeks of veg to get a heavily indica dominant plant a foot tall. In flower it will stretch maybe another foot. Another 8-9 weeks for flower and hope nothing goes wrong. You are working too much on your end results instead of concentrating on the plants behaviour and needs to reach the finish line. Only thing you seem to be worried about in is how much you're gonna pull in shortest possible period of time. May I suggest you start working your way up at the basics.

D

Dawgpistils

Wow that sounds crazy I'm not trying to contradict you but it seems like a long time I'll be using a hps so it will stretch abit too?maybe the case so I might have to up my plant count to keep veg time down

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I know but I don't know any all the reviews have positive and negative feedback I don't want to be half way through my first grow and be plagued with Nanners!! Lol
What would your top 5 breeders be if your allowed to post them, thanks
For feminized seeds I'd go with DNA Genetics, Serious Seeds, and I've had good luck with Dinafem. Top 3 will have to do I guess. lol
Cataract Kush from DNA is some outstanding weed.

Top Bottom