How Many Plants?

• Thread starter Dawgpistils
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Sounds like you should try your hand at mainlining @Papa Indica ;).
I guess so. I'm only running clones though and it's pretty hard to find any even node spacing, not quite sure how I'll deal with that. Maybe it would be easier to give it a go the next time I run some seeds, that could be a while though.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I guess so. I'm only running clones though and it's pretty hard to find any even node spacing, not quite sure how I'll deal with that. Maybe it would be easier to give it a go the next time I run some seeds, that could be a while though.

Nug buckets mainlining thread accounts for uneven node spacing although it takes a small amount of extra work.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Nug buckets mainlining thread accounts for uneven node spacing although it takes a small amount of extra work.
With my condition extra work is my kryptonite, which is more than likely the whole reason I haven't just done it with one already.
It already feels like there's just too much to do and stay on top of to keep a healthy, quality grow. I don't know how I manage sometimes as it is.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
With my condition extra work is my kryptonite, which is more than likely the whole reason I haven't just done it with one already.
It already feels like there's just too much to do and stay on top of to keep a healthy, quality grow. I don't know how I manage sometimes as it is.

Gotch'ya. I'm sorry to hear that @Papa Indica . But I'm glad to see you keep on keepin on supporting what you love.

D

Dawgpistils

Off topic how do you find the earth juice nutrients been scoping them out for a while It's between them and biobizz

Also to do with your ph swing would it be better at the start when mixing soil to add dolomite to the mix or would it not have any affect because your feed ph was low

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Off topic how do you find the earth juice nutrients been scoping them out for a while It's between them and biobizz

Also to do with your ph swing would it be better at the start when mixing soil to add dolomite to the mix or would it not have any affect because your feed ph was low
Fred meyer carries earth juice as well as my local hardware stores. Its the easiest to find bug name nute around where im at.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter

I use eBay. It gets me the lowest prices. Check out earth juices main website for products they carry and feeding get charts etc.

http://www.hydro-organics.com/site/

And they recommend aeration/bubbling for 24hrs to bring ph up. I just started doing this last night so I need a few more times to nail it down.

D

Dawgpistils

Cheers great info I may look into the prilled lime
I'm wanting to try a peat moss 50%perlite 50% what measurement ratio to add the prilled lime to per gal or litre of soil I'm UK measurement I also like the mychohizzae if you know how I can balance all of these into ratios lol
I choose not to use vermiculite because I read that it rots after a while??

D

Dawgpistils

A foot in 4 weeks?

What medium?
My initial reply was soil but it turns out that this is actually soilless I thought peat was soil lol
I was going to use a 50 /50 mix of peat and Perlite
I've always thought that soilless meant that you didn't ammend the mix with ferts and minerals even if you were using a all purpose soil potting mix
So basically soilless means it contains no soil
I read that peat dries out too quick and the ph is really low
And Coco is similar that needs regular watering as it dries out and doesn't hold on to the nutrients kind of the same hydro with a similar ph needed

So If I was to grow in "Soil "that would be just a general all purpose soil that contains soil lol am I right here?

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I use a little Sunshine Advanced Mix #4, (basically Pro-Mix), mixed with Roots Organic 707, which is really good soil, and grow stones. I tend to go heavier with the 707 than the Sunshine. I used to amend my mix with different stuff but, I don't bother any more, now I give them all their feed from a bottle.
It seems like the amount of time my plants are in the pots isn't really long enough for things to break down enough to be useable, kinda started striking me as being a waste. I just go with the bottle and teas for them.
If I was growing outdoors or going for real long veg times I would do soil amendment.

D

Dawgpistils

I use a little Sunshine Advanced Mix #4, (basically Pro-Mix), mixed with Roots Organic 707, which is really good soil, and grow stones. I tend to go heavier with the 707 than the Sunshine. I used to amend my mix with different stuff but, I don't bother any more, now I give them all their feed from a bottle.
It seems like the amount of time my plants are in the pots isn't really long enough for things to break down enough to be useable, kinda started striking me as being a waste. I just go with the bottle and teas for them.
If I was growing outdoors or going for real long veg times I would do soil amendment.

Yeah I think I'm going to go down the bottle nutrients Road myself I'm going to use bio bizz its sold in my local grow shops it's a veganic I think derived from sugar beet cane or something similar
For soil I'm going to use also bio bizz all mix and I might do a side by side run with either canna terra or plagron bat mix
I'm not sure if your familiar with the bio bizz line but I've seen a few grow outs from them and they certainly are solid enough

I'm going to run 3x cataract kush and 3x blue kush...2 xCk and 1x in bio bizz soil and 2x Bk and 1x Ck in either plagron or canna soil

I really like the mainlining so I might mainline one Ck and one Bk because there's not much difference in the veg times maybe a extra week or 2 I'll decide when I'm up and running

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I really think you're gonna like that Cataract Kush, my cousin and a friend of mine grew a little when I was and anybody that's tried it from any one of us has loved it, my friend says he still has people asking him about it and he hasn't had any for quite a while now.
I had to grab another pack of 'em so I can grow some again but, with all the clone action I've got going at the moment it's gonna be a while before I can even think about them.

D

Dawgpistils

Sorry to start the thread off again I need help in obtaining equipment for my setup
I'm looking for a 3x3 tent and a 400 watt hps /Mh combo or if I can get a conversion Mh bulb for veg also a good quality fan/filter odour control is paramount

so far I have €400 to spend and I would like to start building my grow room

I am trying to keep the cost as low as I can but without buying scrap'heap of dirt' bulbs ballasts fans filters tent etc..

If anyone can point me in the right directions or what to be looking for as I said I've 400 so far and probably willing to spend another €200-€250 max on top of that can this be achieved or would I need to spend more

I know I'll have to buy metres notes pots seeds timers scopes etc etc... Main thing is tent hps/Mh combo or conversion and fan/filter
Thanks guys

D

Dawgpistils

Also just to add to that I'm probably going to open a can of worms on this one lol
I've been looking at dual spectrum bulbs can be used for veg/flower
What's your thoughts on them?

Top Bottom