how often and what speed should my exhaust fan be running at.? (Explanation down below) :)

• Thread starter TheGreenGroomer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

if you guys dont mind where are use located im guessing not in the uk

Newty

Newty

it did my bad
So maybe not as bad as you think then? If it was really that much, I would say open your tent up and a window and use a small box fan to blow air toward it lol that should bring the bill down. You could then use a serious of mirrors to reflect sunlight into your tent from the window so you don't have to run your grow light!

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

yeah dude seriously haha ive been tracking the meter i live with my parents and they was out for the 2days so they wasnt using power it was just my setup and my pc for the 2 days and it used 15pound wow thats great man

if you guys dont mind where are use located im guessing not in the uk
im in the us and my power company gives me a readout of my power comsumption per day that how i know on days i use a/c or heaters i spend 6 usd a day on the days i use no ac or heat is like 2.50 a day

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

So maybe not as bad as you think then? If it was really that much, I would say open your tent up and a window and use a small box fan to blow air toward it lol that should bring the bill down. You could then use a serious of mirrors to reflect sunlight into your tent from the window so you don't have to run your grow light!
good idea i guess but if i was to keep the window open my temps would drop unreasonable its quite cold over here right now

Newty

Newty

It was just a joke because of the cost of electricity but you absolutely can use the outside weather to your benefit sometimes. I had a few instances where my tent was getting up to 83-85 degrees, I opened a couple passive intake flaps and the 2 room windows the tent was in and the outside air was much cooler and being sucked into my tent lowered my temps to 76.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

run your lights at night have them off during the day when its warmer

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

It was just a joke because of the cost of electricity but you absolutely can use the outside weather to your benefit sometimes. I had a few instances where my tent was getting up to 83-85 degrees, I opened a couple passive intake flaps and the 2 room windows the tent was in and the outside air was much cooler and being sucked into my tent lowered my temps to 76.

why would this be?

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

high temps are not a problem for me? my daytime temps are 21°C-26°C night time 18°C-20°C
(indoors)

outdoors if freezing even in daytime right now its 5°C

Last edited:
TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

high temps are not a problem for me? my daytime temps are 21-26 night time 18-20degree cels

I think how it runs depends on the room the tent is in and the age of the plants. Mine doesn't run all the time. It's triggered by temperature. It'll run more often when the light intensity is increased.
why will you be running it more when you increase light intensity is it due to the amount of heat the lights giving off you need to exhaust some of it out?

Newty

Newty

why will you be running it more when you increase light intensity is it due to the amount of heat the lights giving off you need to exhaust some of it out?
That would be correct. When your in veg, your generally going to have your light running at around 30%-50% power. In flower you could be at 100% light power so the heat difference can be substantial.

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

That would be correct. When your in veg, your generally going to have your light running at around 30%-50% power. In flower you could be at 100% light power so the heat difference can be substantiaunde
understandable dude, hey could you possible help me out when will i know my seedling has entered veg stage?
That would be correct. When your in veg, your generally going to have your light running at around 30%-50% power. In flower you could be at 100% light power so the heat difference can be substantial.

Newty

Newty

understandable dude, hey could you possible help me out when will i know my seedling has entered veg stage?
When I see the 3rd set of true leaves/3 nodes, that's what I consider the start of veg. True leaves are the serrated leaves.
After my seedlings break ground I turn my lights on for 24 hrs for about a week and then start my 18/6 light schedule. Lots of people have different ways they start, this is just mine. It can also depend on if your growing in soil or something else and final planter size.

Last edited:
TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

When I see the 3rd set of true leaves, that's what I consider the start of veg. True leaves are the serrated leaves.
After my seedlings break ground I turn my lights on for 24 hrs for about a week and then start my 18/6 light schedule. Lots of people have different ways they start, this is just mine. It can also depend on if your growing in soil or something else and final planter size.
thankyou so much for taking your time to help :)

Newty

Newty

No problem!
I know a lot of people consider veg to start when they see the first 2 leaves, the reason I consider veg start when it has the 3 sets of leaves/nodes is because that's usually when they are a good size for me to transplant into my final 3 gallon pot.

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

No problem!
I know a lot of people consider veg to start when they see the first 2 leaves, the reason I consider veg start when it has the 3 sets of leaves/nodes is because that's usually when they are a good size for me to transplant into my final 3 gallon pot.
you just answered my other question lmao i was going to say when do you transplant

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

No problem!
is it best to repot after a water or once the coco has slightly dried not fully as ino you shouldnt let coco fully dry

Newty

Newty

is it best to repot after a water or once the coco has slightly dried not fully as ino you shouldnt let coco fully dry
I grow in soil myself so you will have to wait for someone who grows in coco to give you the some advice on that one. There's some great people on here, I'm sure they will chime in!

Top Bottom