how to Bubble washing and tips 2024

• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
22 bucks for a pound of tobacco. Three bucks for 200 tubes. Put them together with a $25 injector. Still relatively cheap to kill yourself here. I have a feeling you Aussies are more than willing to do your part to keep your government flush with money! L O L

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
coming up,.. got a surprise this time washing,. more later,..
IMG 1062

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
still need to grate it up than press which i’ll post when finished,..
used half pound of afghanica,..
IMG 1038
IMG 1039
IMG 1041

the special treat was the amount of 120 micron,. very sticky shiny looking and hard just dry on screen,.. not too often you get a worth while amount in the 120 micron bag,..

IMG 1070

in the freezer,. grating/drying/pressing still to come,..
IMG 1095
i’ll combine the 73 and 45 for pressing but i’ll keep the 120 separate😋

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
the 120 micron first😋

IMG 1109

after hand pressing,..
IMG 1111

the 73+45 micron,..
had a corner of package leak or not sealed good enough (in video),..
IMG 1112
IMG 1113

into the fridge,.

IMG 1117
IMG 1124

after letting it sit out to room temp than hand pressing,..
IMG 1131

the “rosin stuff” that leaked out was collected and pressed flat and collected up as is,..
here is all at finished,..
total around 34 grams
(as i smoked a couple while pressing)
from a half pound of Afghanica,..
the hash that leaked out
73+45
IMG 1118

73+45
IMG 1119

120 micron
IMG 1123

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Damn! 45 micron! 320 mesh! That is one fine screen! Looks good! Looks like he could use that 120 to lift fingerprints! Oh, yeah! I forget these are bubble bags.

K

Kamisama

34g of hash from 100g of weed? How?
I ve made like 14g total from cca 180-200g
160, 120 microns 2g
73, 25 microng 12g

Would u say I am at least above average? Prolly differ based on plant, mine had foxtails.

How do u store hash? Back to freezer or good in container and room temp?

K

Kamisama

Should the bubble hash be so hard after processing, now I barelly can press it in hand unless I heat it lil bit...
Plus to me seems like 120, 160 microns is too hard and green... prolly waste but couldnt force myself to throw it in a bin :D

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Don’t throw anything away yet! If it’s questionable, put it in a bowl and put it in a freezer to deal with later! All washing does is separate the heads from the contaminant! That’s just the first step in the process! Then you move onto pressing and working and that kind of stuff! I don’t know how far along in the process you are!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
The first picture is low-grade sift that would barely press with a hot water bottle technique! Came out crumbly. But pressed a little! Didn’t come out all malleable like taffy like the high-grade shit! But wanted to try and do something with it! So put it on a glass plate in a 215° oven till it softened some, pulled it out squirt some distilled water on it and started working it. In and out of the oven several times adding water as needed, and formed it into a malleable wad, with a lot of needing and folding and working! then in and out of the oven to keep it soft and get some of the water dried out of it until I could roll it up into a ball and let it dry and the second picture is what it came out as! Pretty damn hard! Best I could do without getting a $400 press! So don’t give up on your low-grade shit too soon the full melt is hard to smoke anyway! It takes some practice. And just some common sense!
IMG 2972
IMG 2987

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
And sorry to clog your thread, Nick! I’ll try and confine my harebrained schemes to my own thread! Just didn’t want to see somebody throwing stuff out that could be salvaged! Leafs are looking good! This could be your year!🏒😃

K

Kamisama

Don’t throw anything away yet! If it’s questionable, put it in a bowl and put it in a freezer to deal with later! All washing does is separate the heads from the contaminant! That’s just the first step in the process! Then you move onto pressing and working and that kind of stuff! I don’t know how far along in the process you are!
Final product, already pressed with bottle... got around 14g from 180-200g, 2g 120, 160 microns and 12g 45, 73 microns.
Washed it 4 times, 10m mixing each time.

I didnt throw the plant material after either, put it into owen and dried it with airflow (50C), then will use it in oitments for example as I think theres still something in it but was mixing it manually...

ACSippi

ACSippi

This is a great thread! It looks easy but it's a lot of work. Mostly setting up, breaking down and cleaning up. I know I'm exhausted when I'm done lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom