How to convert my 8pack GH waterfarm to be recirculating?

• Thread starter burnoutstoner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
burnoutstoner

burnoutstoner

I bought a General Hydroponics waterfarm 8 bucket system 12 years ago and never used it.

I now wanna start using it, but I see that the system should be converted to a RDWC system.
Problem is I cant find any companies selling the general hydroponics waterfarm recirculating upgrade kit anymore. No one seems to carry it anymore.

Is there a easy way to convert this General Hydroponics waterfarm 8 bucket system to a RDWC with parts from Home Depot or something? I am kinda in the dark.

How to convert my 8pack gh waterfarm to be recirculating

Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

Try YouTube mate be videos of how to set one up on there this is mine I bought it as a kit
IMG 3897

D

DougV

I know nothing of these stores. They show the kit in stock.

And yes, everything in the photo of the kit is available off the shelf. Air pump is an aquarium pump. Barbed fittings are everywhere. I use those fittings in my drip system. Hoses that size tend to be black, not blue. Other hoses shown are 1/4” airlines. Amazon might be easiest place to find the bulkhead fittings. As a warning, bulkhead fittings are the weak link and have a tendency to drip. That’s a standard spade bit, but I’d suggest spending a couple bucks more and get a Forstner bit instead. Clamp a piece of wood on the opposite side of the tank before drilling, no matter what bit. You’ll get a much cleaner hole.

burnoutstoner

burnoutstoner

And yes, everything in the photo of the kit is available off the shelf. Air pump is an aquarium pump. Barbed fittings are everywhere. I use those fittings in my drip system. Hoses that size tend to be black, not blue. Other hoses shown are 1/4” airlines. Amazon might be easiest place to find the bulkhead fittings. As a warning, bulkhead fittings are the weak link and have a tendency to drip. That’s a standard spade bit, but I’d suggest spending a couple bucks more and get a Forstner bit instead. Clamp a piece of wood on the opposite side of the tank before drilling, no matter what bit. You’ll get a much cleaner hole.

Yeah I already seen these websites before making the post.

I already placed an order with "beacontron" last week. I have not heard anything from them, the website looks skecthy to me. I have a feeling I will be filing a chargeback soon with my credit card company, I would bet money on the fact that they wont have the product in stock.

"Growgiant" If you go to their main page they are not accepting orders anymore and the site is unsecure, I am unable to place an online order even If I wanted too.

Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

My full kit was £118 from Amazon agree on the bulkhead fittings been the weak link rubber seal both sides seen to stop the leaks

IMG 3918
IMG 3919
burnoutstoner

burnoutstoner

Looking at the parts in the "GH circulating upgrade kit" it seems like something I should be able to improvise.

However I dont understand what is going on, when I look at this picture below, I can see it has the GH circulating upgrade kit installed but I dont understand how it fuctions or whats going on. I am clueless. All I know is nutes are being circulated back to the main rez with the float.

I really need someone to show me their "GH Waterfarm with the circulating upgrade installed" so I understand how to install it and how it works.

427195048 795874025389943 2319084245298503111 n

burnoutstoner

burnoutstoner

Okay, guys, I believe I now understand how this works and how I can improvise to create my own version of the General Hydroponics WaterFarm Recirculating Upgrade Kit without using the official one. However, I'm encountering a small issue.

Here is a quick short video to explain what I am struggling to understand. >>>> How does this circulating pumping column connect to the blue hose?

Honestly I am thinking a water lifter pump rated for 3 gallons per hour placed at the last grow bucket with a return hose to the controller would be better. Like this one>>>>

Screenshot 2024 05 07 101916

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom