Hydro water temp, same as the tent?

• Thread starter BlueCrabGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BlueCrabGuy

Hi Growers,

Hydro looks good but I am worried about the water temp in my DWC bucket(s). My tent goes down to 70 degrees at night when the light is off and up to 80 during the day when the light is on. Does the water temp usually follow the tent temp?

I read that the best grow temp is 77 degrees. If the water temp follows the tent temp, then I will need a chiller to provide the best water temp and tent temp at the same time.

Thanks Growers,
BC

Misterkister

Misterkister

Hi Growers,

Hydro looks good but I am worried about the water temp in my DWC bucket(s). My tent goes down to 70 degrees at night when the light is off and up to 80 during the day when the light is on. Does the water temp usually follow the tent temp?

I read that the best grow temp is 77 degrees. If the water temp follows the tent temp, then I will need a chiller to provide the best water temp and tent temp at the same time.

Thanks Growers,
BC
Honestly your best bet would be to convert your dwc buckets into a rdwc then a chiller would make sense.

B

BlueCrabGuy

Honestly your best bet would be to convert your dwc buckets into a rdwc then a chiller would make sense.
Thanks Misterkister.

The rdwc bucket with a chiller looks nice also.

In a 4x2 tent would you opt for a 1 or 2 pot rdwc setup?

If you're using a chiller, do you chill a reservoir and then push the water/nutrients from the reservoir through both buckets?

If you're using a reservoir, do you need bubblers in each bucket or just aerate the water in the reservoir and push chilled and aerated water through the buckets?

How often do you need to fully replace the water in the system? I'm talking about removing all the water and replacing it with PH correct and new nutrient water.

Is a 2x4 tent too small for a rdwc setup?

Thanks again!
BC

Misterkister

Misterkister

Thanks Misterkister.

If you're using a chiller, do you chill a reservoir and then push the water/nutrients from the reservoir through both buckets?

If you're using a reservoir, do you need bubblers in each bucket or just aerate the water in the reservoir and push chilled and aerated water through the buckets?

How often do you need to fully replace the water in the system? I'm talking about removing all the water and replacing it with PH correct and new nutrient water.

Thanks again!
BC
I would go with a 4 pot in a 4x4
Yes you chill the reservoir and push the chilled water through. Some people change out the water weekly. I only do it once. The rest of the time it's top ups.

H

Hellbent60

Thanks Misterkister.

Thanks again!
BC
First off, 77 deg F is to warm, you would like that temp to be more around 68 deg F. I agree with Misterkister that 4 pots in a 4x4 tent would be ideal. However if you don't want to invest in a new tent right now then 2 pots in your 4x2 tent would be good and keeping your res outside the tent so that the heat from the light doesn't heat up the res. Buy a used water cooler off kijiji or facebook market place ( $15- $35 ), one that you would normally put a 5 gal jug in the top. Now tear it apart so that you are left with the compressor and the cooling coil. Some of the cooling coils are coated in a protective plastic and some are not. If the one you have doesn't have a protective coating on it just wrap a plastic bag around the coil so you don't get any oxidation in your nutrients. Place the coil directly into your nutrient reservoir. Buy a device that will monitor your water temp. I use the Inkbird ITC-308 ($50). Plug the compressor into the cooling plug on the device and set your water temps, I set my water temp at 67 deg and set the turn on temp at +2 deg (69). Happy growing!!

Top Bottom