I Need Some Advice. Lots Of Pics

• Thread starter maya42
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
maya42

maya42

So I went with the local soil guy like normal. They only offered the new mix for dep . I went with it.

The soil sat for about 3 weeks before being planted.

The plants showed different signs at different times.

The symptoms are/were :

Taco leaves
folding leaves (butterfly )
slower growth

Now I'm into week 9 and this is what I'm looking at
I need some advice lots of pics
I need some advice lots of pics 2

maya42

maya42

I brought they soil guy to my spot and he told me this is where they should be at for week 8. I tried to tell him no that's not right but he didn't really listen. I've grown this strain out with massive colas and a great yield. I want to know why these are growing this way.

I use compost tea, kelp,fish hydrolysate, earth juice catalyst and bloom, molasses and some of caps beneficials. Nothing different than usual. Water is fine. No bugs or molds.

I'm going to pay for a soil test to find out what's up.

Before that I'm looking for any experience from others with the same type of growth.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Where are all of the pics? Are all of the plants doing this? Have you searched taco leafs in the search bar?
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

it looks like either heat stress,or humidity high.go to the infirmary and search for it there.
STR8

Apollo13

Apollo13

what tells u its phosphorus toxicity? on a small tablet, but bud looks super leafy...

derkaderk

derkaderk

I've come up with phosphorous toxicity ,heat stress and that's about it.

It's my suspicion that it's unbalanced and hot.

If you're outdoors I'm not sure there is a real accurate comparison from run to run. BUT, you could be 100% right as well.
I think those look great for a light dep. This early.

I would test the soil, if not that, I'd chalk it up to mother nature

Apollo13

Apollo13

I live in a swamp, girls are in pure fog during the fall ripening outside at night...I never seen humidity affect them like that..not saying it isnt, but powdery mildew is first to show here, not deformities...I could be wrong..might have never had a sensative strain.

Apollo13

Apollo13

in fact, looks like the ones I used to grow as a kid with miracle grow..lol cept for the slow growth.

maya42

maya42

what tells u its phosphorus toxicity? on a small tablet, but bud looks super leafy...

The leaf curl. Ogs get that leaf curl with being over fed and over watering.

The plants are dark green right now. Water water wate
r

Apollo13

Apollo13

Sounds like a bad situation. Least it looks like u will get something decent, and a lot of it. Since michigan shut down most of the dispensaries, genetics aren't around like they used to be.. Real bitch about having some experience is ur expectations...lol

Apollo13

Apollo13

I just joined, but green green green, super leafy... I don't come to phosphorus.. like house and garden I feel its tad high on nitrogen. I know nothing of og beside Id like to have it..lol I'm just trying to learn, not disagree. I get necrotic burn spots. But I don't mix soil or nutrients so I don't have deficiencies unless it's environment, ph, bugs or nutrient burn.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The symptoms are/were :

Taco leaves
folding leaves (butterfly )
slower growth
I really don't see much wrong with those ladies. They do look leafy, that could be excess N, and triacontanol can do that, too, IME. I see no signs that point to P-, but it could be the lighting. However the first tell of a P- for me is usually the purpled/reddened petioles, then the plant will go super dark green when it's more advanced, then necrosis as it advances further. I see none of that here.

What you describe to me sounds all like temperature issues. All of it. In my experience this is what happens when the root zone gets too hot.

maya42

maya42

So what I think is probably the case . Soil is freshly mixed and gets planted, then the soil starts to compost and heats up causing the issues I had. No phosphorous deficiency , I think excess.

Apollo13

Apollo13

Me too, but usually the lower leafs fall first as the plant trys to cope. Do you find this true seamaiden? And we can't see the bottoms good..

The leaves in the picture to me don't look dark at all, mine can be dark green almost blue.

Apollo13

Apollo13

I think root heat and lil high nitrogen.. but idk for sure. Try some mulch.

sorrel23

sorrel23

So what I think is probably the case . Soil is freshly mixed and gets planted, then the soil starts to compost and heats up causing the issues I had. No phosphorous deficiency , I think excess.
Hey there, I know this was from last year, but I have a dep and I am having similar problems. I'm using house and garden coco a and b and I have really really leafy buds, super dark green as well. Seems like it must be an excessive nitrogen issue. Did you figure this out? How was your yield? Did the leafiness coincide with any decrease in yield? Thanks :)

maya42

maya42

Hey there, I know this was from last year, but I have a dep and I am having similar problems. I'm using house and garden coco a and b and I have really really leafy buds, super dark green as well. Seems like it must be an excessive nitrogen issue. Did you figure this out? How was your yield? Did the leafiness coincide with any decrease in yield? Thanks :)

Definitely a decreased yeild. Didn't stack right. Not too leafy, just strange slow bud growth. Flower clusters had less blooms. Crystal content was ok though

I couldn't tell ya what to do to fix them, especially using chem fertilizer.

Top Bottom