I Only Smoke My Own.... How Bout You?

• Thread starter maya42
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
william76

william76

I'm the same!cant find anything as close in quality and I know it's done right,ie flushed etc,76

papapayne

papapayne

Ywa...everyone says I'm a snoob. I notice most people don't seem to care about the strain they are smoking either.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I use to be the same until s couple years ago when I had root aphids and russet mites destroy 2 crops sending me off to find some good.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Vary rareley do i smoke anything from anyone else unless its somebody i KNOW can do a decent grow.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I mostly hang out with growers when I smoke others herb. I really look forward to seeing what others can do with strains I am familiar with. I also love to smoke as many different kinds of herb as possible, in order to get a mental catalog of as many different stains as I can.

Most the time I prefer my own smoke, but I really enjoy sampling everything cannabis has to offer.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I should also mention, smoking other growers herb can motivate you as well.

When I first went to GoldCountryGuy's house for a BBQ, I was astonished by the amount of variety they grew, and how every strain was grown to perfection. Every strain represented perfectly what the genetics were capable of producing. The flavors, the colors, the massive yields.

Learned a lot about respecting others that know far more than you. Also, a good humbling is in order every now and again. If you just smoke your own, it's harder to improve, IMO.

basseye

basseye

well i dont have my own yet so i have to smoke other peoples herb.its a crap shoot,but i would say 50% or more of what i get the last few years is pretty good.i think the canna revolution and interweb has made everyone a slightly better grower.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Generally just my own, its pretty good, better than the shops stuff 80% of the time I'd say. I still want to improve some. I'd smoke all I could get my hands on if it was around more from other growers, but most people I know don't grow or if they do its half assed so I don't bother. I buy an 1/8 like once a month from a shop if I'm bored of my stuff. I have 4 strains right now, two of which are 15 months old but taste great...just make you a little tired. This season I'm going to up my variety for this reason.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Tried explaining this to the ONLY dispensary owner in northern vermont....greed blinds people i guess.

Some businesses don't realize that by upping their quality. They can increase their profits.

Whether it is from increased price for said product.
Or
Increased volume of sales.

Some people don't understand business.

papapayne

papapayne

Some businesses don't realize that by upping their quality. They can increase their profits.

Whether it is from increased price for said product.
Or
Increased volume of sales.

Some people don't understand business.

Yea, there's a dispensary here in cottage grove oregon like that. i have literally been to drug houses in some pretty fuckin ghetto areas that were less sketchy, and more friendly then this guys shop. He wares...well...If i sold any of it to my patients, they would never come back. Would be hashed and mother chopped down if that was produced by me. And yet he was getting 15-20 a gram. Only offered 1k for a pound for my high grade that blows away all the shit in the store. Was like wow...ok...no thanks asshat! That's after not being willing to get outta his locked and barred room to shake my hand, or even look me in the eye, and his greeting of, "what do you want - vend or buy? "

maya42

maya42

After a decade or so, I'm betting that only people who grow exceptional herb will be the ones in business. I do try others' herb to see what's going on, I am not impressed very often.

The quality aspect of growing would definitely put any dispensary where they want to be. True smokers know where to go and not to go.

papapayne

papapayne

Yea, I know I have met quite a few aspiring growers whose first motive is $$, not love of the plant. Im not saying theres not money to be made in cannabis, but they usually only last 2 cycles, maybe 3 tops, before exiting.

IMO there will always be a market for top shelf, just as theres still a market for craft beers, and moonshine.

ABENAKI

ABENAKI

Yea, I know I have met quite a few aspiring growers whose first motive is $$, not love of the plant. Im not saying theres not money to be made in cannabis, but they usually only last 2 cycles, maybe 3 tops, before exiting.

IMO there will always be a market for top shelf, just as theres still a market for craft beers, and moonshine.
I became such a hightest cannabis slut when i first tried real deal jamaican lambsbread. Ever since its usually one of three ways i get asskicking herbs....my bog, classic, and kosher kush projects have yielded me potent gifts.
3. I meet a similarly minded individual who shares with me between harvests and there meds are headknock shit i adore!
3. I have a lucky chance at a show to grab super potent.
I wont lie i miss going to see zappa and the mothers at the palladium in NYC having MONSTER clouds of potent cannabis penetrate my brain. All zappa fans grow chronic imho.

Top Bottom