I Think I Did Wrong

• Thread starter oLd1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oLd1

oLd1

My last grow was Gorilla Glue Auto. When it started blooming I started cutting a few leaves at a time off. Thinking getting more light to the Buds.

They did ok. Got 2oz. Per plant.

This grow I’ve decided not to cut any leaves just let them go. My Son said go ahead like the last grow.

I’m thinking no just let them do what they do.

oLd1

K

Kylle

The only cutting you should do is to the bottom of the plant, it’s called Lolipopping, you should google it bud, it’s a process of removing lower growth not in the light to help the plant focus on colas, really boosts yields. As far as cutting off fan leafs near the top, those leaves transfer energy into your buds, they need ‘em, I only trim up top if it’s clustered to the point of bad air circulation. Do you have any pics friend?

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

Don't really matter dawg

Cut some leaves if they will impede air flow (many plants and branches together touching) , and the lowest leaves which get minimal light can go

oLd1

oLd1

Thing is with Autos I understand not to do anything with them. No Topping, Defoliating, nothing.

oLd1

quirk

quirk

Thing is with Autos I understand not to do anything with them. No Topping, Defoliating, nothing.

oLd1
Moderation. I grow autos and remove fans if I can't tuck or bend out of the way. I topped them as well, but now LST only, because I get a 1-2 oz. increased yield over topping, not because of stress or time factors.

oLd1

oLd1

Moderation. I grow autos and remove fans if I can't tuck or bend out of the way. I topped them as well, but now LST only, because I get a 1-2 oz. increased yield over topping, not because of stress or time factors.
Thank you makes sense.

Yes Autos are different but they are still tuff but you can still mess up your harvest.

oLd1

D

dean1963

so by LST do you mean only bending the branched so more light gets to the bottom ? i'm a newb and growing purple kush autos so any help would be great

E9noxis

E9noxis

Train your branches to grow out of eachothers way by bending and tying down. If your using a trellis, weave the branches in so you have a flat canopy.

I use cloth pots, and plant wire with these clips.
Screenshot 20220327 114736 Amazon Shopping

E9noxis

E9noxis

I always heard dont top them. Topping them causes stress that delays their growth. Autos are on a genetic clock rather than light cycle. You can't get the time back from a delay like you can with photoperiods

Reactions: TSD
quirk

quirk

so by LST do you mean only bending the branched so more light gets to the bottom ? i'm a newb and growing purple kush autos so any help would be great
I start early and train the nodes around the pot to open up the entire plant to maximum light, top to bottom. I bend and tuck fans that overlap bud sites. In the third picture you can see fans that have been softened up and bent out of the way. I strive for the anatomy you see in the last two pictures..

BeginLST
Before
After
Before
Finished
TSD

TSD

Yeah you don't top autos or over prune them from what I understand.

Top Bottom