If you had to grow the same strain back to back, what would it be?

• Thread starter Newty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ccoki

ccoki

My first plants were two gifted clones (purple majik x gorilla blue) summer 2022. took flowering cuttings revegged them, made seeds right away but also had no idea what the hell I was doing. The clones were very cotton candy anise gassy, but that first seed I popped gave me almost black buds and that's when the taste changed to potent sour blueberry diesel. .
About to harvest a 7gal in a few weeks. It's starting to fade. Probably even more excited in 2024 than I was the first grow lol. also found a second keeper last year...I do pop new stuff all the time tbh. It's just certain plants check off everything I want.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Hey guys here is the okie wedding cake
Wedding cake x thin mint cookies
I knew it had to do with WC and the thin mint male , couldent remember where you told me previously,

Damn I’d run the shit outta those 😍

My Frostette pheno had cola structure so damn close to that WCxOkie , those fat dense chunky colas that extend down the branch, and the look of slight foxtailing, but it’s not… it’s just pure goodness on a branch😍

And the frost! We won’t talk about the frost… it’s an Okie cross, you know that bitch is gunna frost up! 😁

Last edited:
Newty

Newty

We like to experience different strains. Life is short and there are so many of them. The main reason we repeat is because we have extra seeds. I don't recall buying the same strain twice.
100% agree! I don't think I could grow all the strains in I'm my lifetime, I would need some more space lol.

The seed banks I was looking at before were doing bogo on 10 packs but you couldn't get your free 10 in a different strain, 20 seeds would get me 3 grows back to back. Trustfall pricing is pretty much just like getting bogo so now I can choose different strains and not have to grow the same back to back!

So far Frostette (Grape Cream Cake x Okie) is on my list.
I was thinking the Toyko Snow x Okie for my second pack but I'm wondering if it's more sativa effects, don't mind getting 1 in sativa dominant but I do prefer indica.
As for my 3rd pack, I have to look into the strains more before deciding.

2Water

2Water

I'm only in my 4th week of veg but I'm thinking about what I want to grow next. I only have seeds for the same strain I'm currently growing and this is my second grow in a row of it and I want to change it up. Which leads me to the question....
If you had to grow the same strain back to back for the next 2-3 grows what would it be?

Photoperiod recommendations please, I have no experience with Autos so I would like to stick with what I'm use to. I'll try Autos when I'm ready to place a bigger order.

Seed banks I looked at don't let you mix and match the bogo deals or anything so that's why I'm asking this question.

I'm only wanting to drop around $100 right now, that will give me 20 seeds. If you have seed bank recommendations with good deals for the USA or banks that allow mixing strains for the deals, please let me know.
You could always check Herbies, great selection and solid seeds, they have 1,3,5, etc size packs and they're a sponsor

Newty

Newty

You could always check Herbies, great selection and solid seeds, they have 1,3,5, etc size packs and they're a sponsor
I considered them but reviews I found for the past couple years have been bad so I felt it as a huge risk. I'm sure tons of people here use them so maybe not as big of a risk as people who left the reviews make it out to be. I can't comment on them though, just on what others have said.

Plus comes the issues I said in earlier post, there bogo 10 packs can't be mixed so you have to get 20 of the same strain instead of 10 and 10.

2Water

2Water

I considered them but reviews I found for the past couple years have been bad so I felt it as a huge risk. I'm sure tons of people here use them so maybe not as big of a risk as people who left the reviews make it out to be. I can't comment on them though, just on what others have said.

Plus comes the issues I said in earlier post, there bogo 10 packs can't be mixed so you have to get 20 of the same strain instead of 10 and 10.
🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom