Jammin on it with a late/early start

• Thread starter Bilber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bilber

Bilber

So true, if a rookie followed most of our practices they would mess up their plants royally. I do lots of stuff I can only do because I have experience. Congrats on your win by the way ✌️
Seriously canna......I do what works for my area/setup.....mostly......I know, without a doubt, there are some things that could either get upgraded or fixed or even adjusted to make my area perform better....hence the reason that I've been on this site for a couple seconds......all great stuff....

And if I can do something that goes against all odds, and it works, I'm documenting it....if I remember....

And if I can't do something that goes against all odds, and it doesn't work, I'm documenting it....if I remember.....

But to your point.....I fuck with my plants, kinda hard.....sometimes I know what I'm doing, but then there are times when I'm like, I've got backups!

Bilber

Bilber

Ok @Gtglicky3 .....I'm at a crossroad....I'm currently running one trial pollen run......kinda 2, but the sts spray on the Skywalker has yet to do anything.....I've only sprayed it 3 times so far....and it could take a different time or I guess there are other factors that play into sts spray......

But anyways, I've got Blue Dream × Blue Mammoth males......wanting to keep this pollen, I'm trying to figure out and come up with a way to safely harvest it....I just wanted you to know....and Thank you!!

20240509 110446
20240509 110531
20240509 110558

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

So my process is a little time consuming at first until you kinda get an idea of what to look for.
In my experience they seem to either look like there about to split or get white lines an look like a balloon about to pop when I see that I put it by it’s self then cut them off into a little jar with no lid and let them sit for afew days but keep adding new cut offs in it
IMG 4786
IMG 4800

by morning they usually open and can see the pollen if you tap on it. After I get a bunch in there I use nose hair scissors to cut them up to get the rest of the pollen out then either separate it or leave it then put the jar in a dark Tupperware in either the fridge or freezer depending how long I plan on storing it if I want to use some I scoop it out of the jar quick into something else so the jar doesn’t warm up. If I’m collecting over afew days after a week I put that away and start collecting in a new jar and add them together later
IMG 6892
IMG 6596
IMG 0522
IMG 0521

Sometimes if you clip afew off just to make sure more open at the same time helps I’m still working on trying to make it easier but so far pollen lasted 1yr in the freezer and I wanna use some on a plant this round to see if it still works if it does then the new bench mark will be a Year an a half in the freezer

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

I saw on a website like thcfarmer in France, a person who only pollinated the flowers of the branches at the very bottom, which allowed him to have healthy seeds and buds to smoke on the same plant... To check if this is possible.
Yea that’s what I do I like small batches unless it’s something I want to continue as a new strain some/most of my crosses are just a oh I have the pollen out let’s see what this does then just grow them for smoke unless I see something I really like then I do the oh let’s see what this does again lol I have fun though. I use a artist paint brush to put it on

Bilber

Bilber

I actually made some a few years ago......made um out of the clearish overhead 2x4 fluorescent covers and some metal angle.....I used some older clear handles for the lids......they were a quick answer for what we needed at the time.....at least one of them is broken, but I'll try and get a picture of it tomorrow.....great idea though! I wouldn't even have to build anything......and we, I, go through milk quite quickly.....

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
I've never been to NY. I'm completely ignorant to anything when anyone mentions something about the areas or whatever. Idk. What's the difference between Brooklyn and the Bronx? Upper NY and NYC? I imagine it's like l.a. you know Beverly hills and Lynwood are vastly different areas 😆 I was listening to this song while typing this. I rambled. Sorry.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

I actually made some a few years ago......made um out of the clearish overhead 2x4 fluorescent covers and some metal angle.....I used some older clear handles for the lids......they were a quick answer for what we needed at the time.....at least one of them is broken, but I'll try and get a picture of it tomorrow.....great idea though! I wouldn't even have to build anything......and we, I, go through milk quite quickly.....
I've used 1 gallon milk containers. Just cut the bottom off and place over plant. I only use them at night to help protect from snails and slugs.
20240503 165342

Bilber

Bilber

There are so many different areas in ny......I'm in the Central New York region......above the Cuse......you know, Upstate......kinda the Finger Lakes region......except those are south of us......which is southern tier......we're in northern tier......not the Adirondacks, but on the edge....not the Hudson Valley edge, which is pretty much Downstate.....which includes NYC 🗽.......depending on who you ask, Downstate includes everything below Albany, our Capital........

Any questions?

🤔🙄😒

Latest posts

Top Bottom