Kief vs bubble hash, no waste? Need advice, first time.

• Thread starter Kamisama
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kamisama

Hi,

Kief vs bubble hash, whats better, potent, which one gives more final product?

Wonder, if anybody do first kief (non repeated process like with bubble hash repeated 2-3 times) and then bubble hash from the remained weed?
I assume bubble hash will be strong as kief cause kief I ve read isnt that strong concentration as from bubble hash excluding kief making. Bubble hash supposed to be comparable to rosin press in potency. Dont have tools for rosin yet, so lets skip that.

Dont wanna make unnecessary steps and see problem in this process as for kief weed need to be cured and then frozen to get the most from it.

But for bubble hash I ve read its better to use fresh frozen plant material. Althought would u use only buds or also leaves for bubble hash?
For kief I saw people use also leaves.

Do u usually throw away material after 2-3x repeated process via bubble hash, isnt there still remaining trichomes to dd for example oitment? If yes only problem would be the unnecessary step to dry the material again, if not used dry ice.

Dont have a lot of material for experimenting.

Thanks
Kami.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

If you have a big lot of bud your going to sell anyway give it a light screening. Collecting keef is a nice option. But you are keeping the bud for you. You are robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Bubble hash on the other hand is reclaiming sugar from scrap after trimming.
I myself am a hard core believer in using defoliation to reduce scrap bud and flower only nice top cola.
When making bubble hash. If it's not sugar leaf don't wast your time and the ice. Use only bud trimmings and buds not worthy of burning.
You do not have to dry or freeze the weed. Just use a ton of ice and a drywall mixer on a big drill.
When you have the last cleaning finished. Run your collection threw a brass coffee filter (collect liquid). Then run the liquid threw a paper coffee filter and press in a towel. Dry and smoke.

S

storz

i only use dry sift or bubble hash.
I find bubble hash aka cold water extraction to give higher yields than dry sift but I prefer dry sift. The potency of each is about the same in my experience.
I think you are asking if you dry sift can you do cold water extraction on the left overs? If using buds as your starting material, yes you can. Just remember the more you work the starting material, the more leaf matter you will get in your final product so over all quality will suffer.
hope this helps.

Top Bottom