Led Advice will be appreciated

• Thread starter Bakedbean92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bakedbean92

I’ve been looking at this light would it do the job for a single plant in a micro grow and would I just need to put a heavy duty 13 amp plug on it as it doesn’t come with a plug

Led advice will be appreciated
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

The truth is it's hard to say without seeing it in action. My Mars 300 actually draws 100w of power and is only just enough
to flower a small plant. I'd suggest that you give it a pass. Maybe take a look for a better quality used light.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I don't know anything about that light, but I'm sure it would be better to get a grow light from one of the sellers you see mentioned in the forums here. ViparSpectra, for example, makes some good lights for small grows. 120 watts or more would be good for a single plant.

B

Bakedbean92

Thank you I will have to save up a bit and get a better one saves me spending money on that to find out it won’t work

Newty

Newty

How much is that light you were looking at? I searched and see them for $50-$100, the ViparSpectra XS1500 can be found for less then $100.

B

Bakedbean92

I’ve seen a panel one for £25 and I’ve seen box style ones for around £40

Stokes

Stokes

I wouldnt go any cheaper than spider farmer, mars, phlizon, or viparspectra. You can veg a plant under a cellphone light but flower is a different animal. If your budget is under $100 your absolute best bet would be a used HPS imo.

Out of that lot ive grown under the sf1000, heres some pics of how it performed with some low effort organic grows
IMG 9053

IMG 2324

Phlizon

E772513A C525 48BF A733 79831EA6EE03

IMG 2056

IMG 2198

Nothing wrong with budget LED’s. Just have realistic expectations. Theyre limited in what they can do. Of the two i would say the spider farmer was better quality, had more dense nugs but was very limited around the sides of the tent, even in the 2x2. The phlizon handled the 4x4, but the buds were more fluffy. Anyways, those were from my first couple grows and did everything i asked them to. Hell, i technically still have a budget light.

Last edited:
PianoStan

PianoStan

My 3x3 tent came with a 100w light, and I had to keep it like 4" from the top of the plant in order to make the plant grow. So I bought this: Bestva 2000w. The manufacturer says that it is perfect for a 3x3 tent. Now I'm positive that there are far superior lights out there, but I'm not upset with this one at all. I'm currently in my first grow, probably 4 weeks from harvest (I think), and this light has done well by me.

240511 W7T3 D5

It's a deep water culture hydro grow. And I didn't train it when it was young so it climbed all the way to the top of the tent. Despite my missteps, this plant has absolutely thrived under this light. If your budget allows it, I would recommend investigating some of the lights mentioned above. But if you are on a shoestring budget, I wholeheartedly recommend this one, or one that is appropriate for your size tent.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'm currently using ViparSpectra and AC Infinity lights. I can recommend both, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to try some of the others. My experience is that LED lights last a long time, however. I don't like to replace a light that's working well just out of curiosity, but I've done it. It's nice to have a spare ready, and I do. It's only a 128W ViparSpectra XS1000, but it's enough to get through a few days while I'm waiting for a replacement to arrive. I sometimes put it in my drying tent to start seeds or clones.

Top Bottom