Led Flood light for indoor grow ?

• Thread starter SHiNi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SHiNi

SHiNi

Hey guys I was just wondering I'm on a budget can this light be used to grow cannabis since I have a tent and everything. I can buy another one with a different spectrum aswell what is your guys thoughts ? It's a LED Flood Light 200w 6500k spectrum
Led flood light for indoor grow

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

if it's effectively 200W it will work even if light spectrum isn't optimum, and light dispersion and coverage won't be as good as light designed for growing. Also the led might not be high grade component like with some others brand dedicated to growing.

but i doubt there a that huge difference in price with that 200W light with a 200W from one of the most used and rather cheap led manufacturer brand like: spiderfarmer, hlg, viparspectra, phlizon, vivosun, ac infinity, mars hydro ...

SHiNi

SHiNi

A 240w led bar style light is R3500 but that's with UV and IR
And this floodlight is R520 what colour spectrum is needed for veg and flower ?
Screenshot 20240324 202959 Chrome

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Bbs led hut kelvin chart

to make it simple cool white is advised for veg and warm white is advised for flo.

the light from meiju would be better for growing, but that's not a brand i would trust myself ...

SHiNi

SHiNi

View attachment 2139915
to make it simple cool white is advised for veg and warm white is advised for flo.

the light from meiju would be better for growing, but that's not a brand i would trust myself ...
The thing that lead me to ask this question was that I'm gonna buy that light for outdoors to do winter grows outdoors. Then I thought can't I use that same light for indoors. Thanks for answering my question it can veg but not flower thanks for the information bro appreciate it

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

you can flower with it, it's just not the optimum spectrum so they're will be minor difference in growth than with optimum spectrum

Top Bottom