Let's See Your Frostiest Flowers

• Thread starter hammerhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

some spider mites i'd say ...

mostly some signs on the leaves of photo 1 but also little signs on the leaves of photo 2 & 3 as well
A spider mite infection that far along would usually be presenting other things as well, including very visible webbing, and a plant appearing a lot more "anemic" then this one does. aphids are the more likely culprit imho if its made it this far into flower, stayed this healthy, but is still displaying that kind of leaf damage, in my experience anyway. I've never had that much visible damage with spider mites, and had a still healthy, non webbed out plant lol. It takes a much higher volume of breeding mites to make damage like that visible, then something like aphids. Although it could be spider mites right as their growth/reproduction curve hits the exponential point, and he's just about to suffer some horrible consequences from a lack of preventative measures that aren't quite showing yet.

In most places, you're more likely to catch aphids in spring ime, and spider mites in the fall. Aphids dont care what plant they are on, and explode in spring time. Spider mites do actually have preferences though. There are many plants, in most highly wooded regions, that spider mites actually prefer to cannabis, and often they dont actually hang out too long on cannabis before trying to find somewhere else to reproduce.

Come fall though, most of their preferred plants to reproduce on are drying up and dying off, while this is happening, it is exponentially more likely some spider mites will find its way into your grow room and decide it likes it there and start reproducing. At least thats how it worked in the southern midwest, and southeastern USA for me.

Hopefully aphids, you dont have to toss nukes around for aphids, very easy to get rid of compared to spider mites.

Just because some may not know about it:

There IS a cannabis specific mite called the hemp russett mite though. And if you ever catch these you need to permanently, and forever, stop growing on that land/in that residence. You cant kill the eggs and they can lay dormant for decades. Once they are on your plants they WILL kill everything, 100%, and if you try to grow in the next couple decades, they will come back immediately, even after full fumigation of the premises. All you will be doing in attempting to grow there again, is spread the mite elsewhere. They're so good at destroying a grow op permanently, it almost feels like some dark magical curse if it happens. (thats a quote lol) I have a friend (commercial grower in KC) who's business they had millions invested in, was permanently destroyed by a single unquarantined clone with hemp russet mites.

How's that for a cannabis grower's nightmare?

Anyhoo, here's a GG4 clone that had pretty gnarly aphid damage, aphid damage is actually more aesthetic then it is derogatory even though it looks so bad, and i assure that many of you have probably smoked plenty of aphids and their sh*t through the years without realizing it. I got rid of thse aphids by harvesting the plants and treating the room before next go, never saw them again, was when i learned the importance of quarantining new clones.

210603229 233665735062020 4649669325912189627 n
Last edited:
Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

It’s a great cross, Trust. Excellent plant selection on your part. It’s been my easiest plant to grow so far—it just ignores my screwups (and there’ve been some doozies) while she continues to bulk up. She seems to like my regimen of county water and Epsom salt. And front loading the Happy Frog with dolomite lime is something I’ll keep on doing.
Agreed, great strain. I grew 2 just recently, one was in Frog only the other was in a new soil mix I wanted to try that was more peat based. Def could have used the extra Calcium on the peat mix plant.
I'm ready to pop a few more very soon!

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Red Velvet x Lemon Gojo from @Trustfall

Maybe 10-14 days left? The calyxes haven’t swelled up too much yet. Pretty much waiting for that to happen. That always happens right? This is only my second grow ;)View attachment 2165684
This probably wouldn't apply to that plant, but apparently im the "here's this somewhat relevant, but not really, info" guy.

Some plant's, mainly heavily sativa dominant long flowering plants don't really swell up their calyxes, The hairs just go red, and then more fresh calyxes will start to develop. Some of the land race sativa's will kind just keep stacking fresh calyxes as long as the environment and root zone can hold out and allow them to do so. None of my columbian land race runs, indoor or out ever had swollen calyxes, it would just keep stacking on up into week 12-13+ indoors, until you couldnt keep the plant alive any longer. Outdoors it just kept stacking new calyxes until first frost ended the run. I imagine in the wild columbian mountains they just keep flowering until gravity takes em down, or someone cuts, compresses, and cartels it.

One of my peaceblaster (half col land race f1) would do both. It's calyxes would swell, but only slightly, and the pistils would separate from the ovule in the calyx, and stay long and firey red.

I had a bubba kush pheno that never reall swelled up, and had pretty round "ball buds" here and there. The buds were hard as rocks after harvest though. Easily as heavy as if they had swollen up. In my mind i considered those buds to have "swollen in" or something, no clue. What would normally be a fairly dense half g bud with those nugs, would be closer to a G easy.

Maybe some of this may inform someone of something, if not, well there's some useless information anyway!

Rama777

Rama777

Dude that looks so good 😊 2nd grow? 👊🏻💪🏻 what day are you on? Would love to see more close ups if you can.
Well if you recall, I accidentally let these flip themselves, so I can't be totally sure what day they are on. I've been calling when I spotted the pre-flowers day 7, which would make that picture day 48. And today is day 51, so maybe she’ll be ready in 4-7 days or so? Not in a rush or anything, just still not 100% on what to look out for.

The others showed pre-flowers a bit later. I imagine they have 2.5-3.5 weeks left. I'll start taking pictures of those as I see more pistils turn.

DJK12

DJK12

Thank you for sharing! She looks great would love to know how she’s smelling?
She's amazing man!!! A slight nutty smelling almost like a cashew at first with a strong kick of pinene behind it. It's outperforming all mainstream genetics in the garden in every category so definitely a pheno I plan on saving to eventually try breeding once I grow some chest hairs 😅

Latest posts

Top Bottom