Lookin for top notch tat artist for sons first tattoo...

• Thread starter Mr_GreenGenes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Title pretty much says it all. I'm a hermit and haven't made many contacts since I've been up here and have no idea who's reputable other than the concensus to stay away from anyone in Kzoo or BC lol. I'm willing to drive for someone whos shit is tight. Its my sons first ink and I'm really lookin for someone who specializes in script. Anybody?? Thanks in advance. MGG

ZONER

ZONER

Hey MGG your son has to do his homework, you need to either hit a tattoo convention close to you since word of mouth is not the best way to go. Meet the artists , check their portfolio and their background. Some of the best have art backgrounds and others a natural talent. Just don't jump at getting INK, there is no hurry.
I was looking in NYC years ago at Anil Gupta but almost crapped my Lee jeans when he told me the price .... Well I'm saving my money .... Problem is my Ole Lady keeps finding it ...lol

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Hey MGG your son has to do his homework, you need to either hit a tattoo convention close to you since word of mouth is not the best way to go. Meet the artists , check their portfolio and their background. Some of the best have art backgrounds and others a natural talent. Just don't jump at getting INK, there is no hurry.
I was looking in NYC years ago at Anil Gupta but almost crapped my Lee jeans when he told me the price .... Well I'm saving my money .... Problem is my Ole Lady keeps finding it ...lol
Yeah youre right bro. Got most of mine at Ft. Benning and Ft. Bragg. Not a clue as to who does good work up here and don't want him getting stuck with some jailhouse shit for his first piece. Yeah ol' ladies are good for that haha. MGG

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I've gotten mine @ The Lucky Monkey in Ann Arbor. For script I found the font I like printed it and took it to them. Hard to fuck that up.
Good luck.
Nice man I'll check em out. I was told about another artist in AA but cant remember the name right now. Thanks for the heads up. MGG

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Don't ink its sticks with you for the rest of your life seriously it can effect everything from health risks to getting a Job .. later on in life
if you want to get your son some art then by all means go to a art gallery now that is a and can be a investment.
don't waste money on body ink cause that is what it really is Wasted money useless and for what to be cool and fit in ??? or try to fit in
people usually getting a tattoo is for a reason loss of a loved one or a real special event in your life .
Or joining a gang

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Blah

Ppl been tatting and piercing human bodies for thousands of years.

Don't stay the BORING everyday stuff lame ass life most lead. Adorn your body any way you like. Never and I mean NEVER let anyone tell you otherwise.

The life of the boring person is long gone. Tatts and piercings sets everyone apart. Like clothing.

I have 2 tatts (more on the way), and have 4 piercings. I used to have 12. 2 in tounge, both nipples, PA, jacobs ladder x4, eyebrow, 2x each ear. All are gauged out. Both tatts on back shoulder blade areas.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Blah

Ppl been tatting and piercing human bodies for thousands of years.

Don't stay the BORING everyday stuff lame ass life most lead. Adorn your body any way you like. Never and I mean NEVER let anyone tell you otherwise.

The life of the boring person is long gone. Tatts and piercings sets everyone apart. Like clothing.

I have 2 tatts (more on the way), and have 4 piercings. I used to have 12. 2 in tounge, both nipples, PA, jacobs ladder x4, eyebrow, 2x each ear. All are gauged out. Both tatts on back shoulder blade areas.
Tattooing is like your credit rating stays with you for life
High i am here to apply for Night mare on elm street 20 movie lol :)

The post should be like who here regrets getting that tattoo that now looks like a jail house tat ugly faded and something you thought was so cool when you were immature and looks like a stain now
Face tattoo 12 650x650

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

Don't ink its sticks with you for the rest of your life seriously it can effect everything from health risks to getting a Job .. later on in life
if you want to get your son some art then by all means go to a art gallery now that is a and can be a investment.
don't waste money on body ink cause that is what it really is Wasted money useless and for what to be cool and fit in ??? or try to fit in
people usually getting a tattoo is for a reason loss of a loved one or a real special event in your life .
Or joining a gang
That's hilarious. Generally cannabis growers are pretty understanding that people's personal life decisions really aren't up for our judgment. The thing about tattoos is that they are fucking awesome. And if you don't feel that way. That's fine don't get any. As someone who holds down a white-collar professional job with plenty of tattoos the characterization that my ink is holding me back is pretty laughable

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

Tattooing is like your credit rating stays with you for life
High i am here to apply for Night mare on elm street 20 movie lol :)

The post should be like who here regrets getting that tattoo that now looks like a jail house tat ugly faded and something you thought was so cool when you were immature and looks like a stain now View attachment 653732
This doesn't even make sense. Your credit rating changes over the course of your lifetime... ?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

No some ppl are stuck in thw past and afraid to express themselves. They need to be in the "stuffy boring" category. Be an individual, do what you like. Some ppl are drinkers, some coke heads, some like tatts and piercings. Just cause tour a lame ass, dont hate on the ppl who like to be "NOT BORING".

You remind me.of my uncle.and aunt..... always preacging god to me. News flash, im an ATHEIST!!

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Tats ? Nothing wrong with `em in my mind, others think differently. Both of my sons have ink. Oldest one has both sleeves and back covered. Along with one on each side of his neck. I do think the neck 0nes has cost him several jobs at the interview process. Youngest one has one on each shoulder and several more. My daughter has a couple small ones. I`ve got a scorpion on my back. Tat`s ? Ain`t a damn thing wrong with `em.

The Terps

The Terps

I got a stupid tattoo when I was a kid it's good work and all but I regret it 100%. I really can take or leave a decent tattoo. But I avoid "tattoo" ppl on the street. I feel like they could "express" themselves into my bubble where they don't belong lol. I would rather show and feel expression in a verbal or physical way. Rather than looking at dragon someone drew on their body. I find it to be more about the artist than the recipient. Not for me.

Top Bottom