Marijuana Conference Sheds Light On Unintended Consequences

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. The numbers are out, marijuana revenue is on the rise, yet dig a little deeper and you'll see a few other trends are joining it.

Colorado+Marijuana_Generic.jpg

"The overwhelming majority of data shows an increase in marijuana use, it shows an increase in driving under the influence of marijuana, it shows an increase in hospitalizations, and it shows an increase among youth use of marijuana," said Mesa County Deputy District Attorney Bo Zeerip.

Hundreds of district attorneys and law enforcement officers from around Colorado, and the world, attended a conference in Denver, educating themselves on lessons learned during Colorado’s first two years of legalized marijuana.

"Overdosing, and hospitalizations, youth use, the use of marijuana among our youth has increased dramatically," said Zeerip who attended the conference.

According to a Rocky Mountain High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area study used at the conference, Colorado ranks number one in marijuana usage by those ages 12 to 17.

"I think the fact that it’s out there, the idea that adults can use it legally now is sending a perception that maybe it’s okay to use," said District 51’s Safety and Security Director Tim Leon.

There has been an increase in drug related suspensions and expulsions across the state. District 51 is taking a different approach when it comes to punishment. The district no longer suspends students on their first offense, but instead teaches them about the dangers of drugs.

"This is giving kids a chance, you learn from your mistakes and hopefully this is something kids are learning from their first mistake, and that this is something they don’t want to do," said Leon.

B

Burned Haze

Maybe numbers are on "rise " cause now people are considering not as much of a threat . Prohibition is more dangerous to children And everyone + grower wise it promotes illegal aspect of not growing agriculture grade/proof meds

Cops and system just love getting a whole excuse to make millions and make people feel guilty since previously more illegal. I call BS SINCE if you want to Learn about growing and go to Barnes and noble , a whole section ! When if you grew any other Argriculture or flower there's ,not more
Mags than every thing else and books. Lol

Cryptic

Cryptic

Maybe numbers are on "rise " cause now people are considering not as much of a threat . Prohibition is more dangerous to children And everyone + grower wise it promotes illegal aspect of not growing agriculture grade/proof meds

Cops and system just love getting a whole excuse to make millions and make people feel guilty since previously more illegal. I call BS SINCE if you want to Learn about growing and go to Barnes and noble , a whole section ! When if you grew any other Argriculture or flower there's ,not more
Mags than every thing else and books. Lol
right. More people are willing to be open on the subject if their not facing prosecution. I hate these systems

B

boxdin

i call bullshit. i love how they come out with these numbers.
Yes, but they need to create a crisis and often make up numbers in order to do so. We must be scared of what ever they come up with and act accordingly. Vote for them, buy their product, etc...

Top Bottom