Masterblend 3 Part Feeding Chart?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IdMarryJane

IdMarryJane

Can any of you guys throw up some pics like the op. I too am using mb and its done alright but not amazing. Anyone producing top shelf with the tomato blend? I got some jacks doing a side by side with mb and it looks similar except mb mixes way easier so jacks is gonna be trashed. I got some floraflex nutes hopefully gonna do a comparison on them but its expensive for a dtw setup.
7544FF74 E51D 47F0 BBEB ED8E947504A3

EugeneDebs420

EugeneDebs420

I'm just starting a grow with masterblend 2nd grow last time I used foxfarm hydro trio and soluble trio. But I dont think that would be particularly cost effective 15 plants in dwc under 3000w are gonna eat a lot more than 3 under 400w. Good info in here, thanks everybody.

EugeneDebs420

EugeneDebs420

Also does anybody use potassium silicate with masterblend? I want my girls to have some trunks, stems on my last grow were a bit wimpy.

hetingren

hetingren

Hi Bill and guys
Ran into little PPM issue here with Masterblend 321 formula. My tap water around 300ppm. 100 gallon reservoir of flood table hydroponics(recirculating) mixed 300 gram of A and 100 gram of epsom salt and 200 gram of Calnit. The PPM jump up 1500ppm during veg period. Am I mix something incorrect ? I have read over some of the Jack's 321 feedchart to compare and even just mixed 80% of the nutes strength. it should be just around 8xx ppm only. But PPM meter keep flash at 15xxppm. That aint right. Any help here or suggest.

80 per
IdMarryJane

IdMarryJane

Hi Bill and guys
Ran into little PPM issue here with Masterblend 321 formula. My tap water around 300ppm. 100 gallon reservoir of flood table hydroponics(recirculating) mixed 300 gram of A and 100 gram of epsom salt and 200 gram of Calnit. The PPM jump up 1500ppm during veg period. Am I mix something incorrect ? I have read over some of the Jack's 321 feedchart to compare and even just mixed 80% of the nutes strength. it should be just around 8xx ppm only. But PPM meter keep flash at 15xxppm. That aint right. Any help here or suggest.
Supposed to run the master at a 2-2-1. Ive tried everything from 2-2-2, 2-2-1.5, 3-3-2 and it just seems like they suck up too much mag and throws out calcium of potassium uptake. Stick to 2-2–1 and find your happy ec. I find them happy at 2.4 ec but I run co2 so your happy might be 1.4 for all I know

IdMarryJane

IdMarryJane

Also does anybody use potassium silicate with masterblend? I want my girls to have some trunks, stems on my last grow were a bit wimpy.
Ive tried it in reservoirs but the silica ends up just settling at the bottom. Might want to try sprinkling some in the pots but if it is insoluble enough to settle out im not sure if it even gets uptaken. Still worth a try to get a comparison get a $10 lb bag

EugeneDebs420

EugeneDebs420

Ive tried it in reservoirs but the silica ends up just settling at the bottom. Might want to try sprinkling some in the pots but if it is insoluble enough to settle out im not sure if it even gets uptaken. Still worth a try to get a comparison get a $10 lb bag
I ended up skipping it this run. But my plants are stupid big lol. Thought they were autos. But my buddy got them mixed up when he sent them so they vegged for 8 weeks 😅
20210412 225003

Fawnzee

Fawnzee

Hi Y'all!✌️
Does Masterblend need to be ph adjusted?
Absolutely, you should be checking and adjusting pH every feeding, especially with a salt-based fertilizer. That being said, if you get more familiar and the pH doesn't change around too much, as long as everything else stays consistent, you can minimize the amount of checks you do. From my experience with masterblend for a grow, I avoided pH adjusting because I got a 6.0 reading on a defective meter at the start, and ended up getting around a 3.5-4 pH runoff when I had what seemed like every single nute deficiency at once.

100% check the pH of everything that goes into your plants

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Before.....
But it turned out that in my RO water 5g MasterBlend + 5g CalciumNitrate+ 2g Epsoms per gallon gives me a perfect 5.5 !! Woooo hooooo!

Btw i love the results of Masterblend!! im running it again!
DSCN1279

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Hi Y'all!✌️
Does Masterblend need to be ph adjusted?
I generally only adjust if I'm adding in monopotassium phosphate, usually balanced with close to equal parts potassium bicarbonate. But otherwise, not generally, it usually comes in around pH @6, so I leave it be. When it looks like it's <5-5.5 I bring it up a tad, unless I've got a reason not to do so. For balancing purpose. I do like keeping things generally on the more acidic side, just not going overboard.

Ninegate

Ninegate

Does Masterblend can use on DWC system ?
bc this is the 1st time i'm using DWC system
thanks for reading my cmt

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Does Masterblend can use on DWC system ?
bc this is the 1st time i'm using DWC system
thanks for reading my cmt
They have a hydroponic version and I would assume it would preform the same as the other similar to it like jacks and mega crop.

S

sagadella

I found this but you can find anything online.

12gms fert, 12gms cal nit, 6gms epsom per 5 gallons.

1200ppm seedling
1500ppm vegetation
1700ppm flower

Seems a bit high?
I have a small commercial hydroponic greenhouse growing lettuce. I can tell you that even with vegetables the basic mix of the three Master Blend nutrients vary by crop. I am still trying to verify the recipe for cannabis for my own grow using Master Blend and was in fact looking for the link to a grower whose contact info I misplaced. It can be done and yes the numbers look weird to soil cannabis growers- because there is ZERO buffering in the system. But my own first grow proves to me that the numbers must be vastly different somehow- because I can't get anywhere near the EC numbers that people are speaking about without immediate nutrient burn. I know there are details that make a huge difference to experts that are measuring their plants successes in terms of grams but I bristle at spending the huge $$ to buy a liquid blend that suggests I can't mix my own. I know it can be done with Master Blend or Jacks. So I'm looking forward to changing- even in mid stream (or grow! :-))

Wandering81

Wandering81

Supposed to run the master at a 2-2-1. Ive tried everything from 2-2-2, 2-2-1.5, 3-3-2 and it just seems like they suck up too much mag and throws out calcium of potassium uptake. Stick to 2-2–1 and find your happy ec. I find them happy at 2.4 ec but I run co2 so your happy might be 1.4 for all I know
What lights and medium are you running? From what I'm seeing, Masterblend needs more magnesium in coco under Samsung lm301 LEDs. They seem to like 2-2-2 better. The 2-2-1 works great for veggies tho under LEDs.

Lpena93

Lpena93

What lights and medium are you running? From what I'm seeing, Masterblend needs more magnesium in coco under Samsung lm301 LEDs. They seem to like 2-2-2 better. The 2-2-1 works great for veggies tho under LEDs.
Grams?

Wandering81

Wandering81

Probably time for an update. Been messing with masterblend for a few runs. I'm still figuring it out and tweaking each run. Still many more recipes I'd like to try. This run was my best with MB
2.5 MB
.3 MKP
.1 Jack's MOST trace
2.8 CalNit
3.5 epsom (91 ppm)
2.2EC peak flower

Next I'm going to try
3.6 MB
2-2.5 CalNit
2.5-3.5 Epsom

that will give a more P,K, and micros than the MKP and MOST I was using.
I wish I could run a dozen rooms on the same clones at the same allllll on a little different juice so I can watch the recipes do their work in real time. I'm still learning.

Top Bottom