MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Washed them in Peroxide 99% then put them in a paper cup with warm water. They stay in the cup until the tails are 1/16 in. long then go into soil in an other cup with soil. I didn`t use any hormones this time around.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh forgot while soaking the water needs to stay like warm, to cold and nothing happens, to warm and they slow cook. Also I change out the water daily to keep it clean using bottled warm water. I`m keeping the cups on my stove top that is propane and has a pilot lights I`m off grid. I used to use the top of my gas water tank before.
Washed them in Peroxide 99% then put them in a paper cup with warm water. They stay in the cup until the tails are 1/16 in. long then go into soil in an other cup with soil. I didn`t use any hormones this time around.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Cold hit and trying to keep the RV warm! Not good for the sprouts ! More snow coming tomorrow night. Dam it ! Not good timing. Just a few days of sun is' t to much to ask?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Woke up late, was up watching some dvd`s last night. Nice and sunny today! Going to plant some of the sprouted seeds I got and maybe cull on the garden , pulling up the old plants from the ground as I go. Going to my oldests grandson`s birthday tomorrow , he`s 8 years old now and getting interesting. Dam kid is very smart, seems to run in the family, mostly. Hope he ends up with an education as well.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Managed to get two trays planted is all. Feet hurt me all day. Dam I need to buy a new battery for my blood sugar tester so I know where I`m at blood sugar wise. I can then control my blood sugar with diet and medication properly. I think That will help my feet from hurting as much also! They say you can`t tell when your blood sugar is high but it makes the nerves in my feet hurt, I just can`t tell how high it is. Going to get a battery tomorrow when I`m in town. Tonight going to do some house keeping and watch a dvd.

Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

Hey @markscastle sounds like you have been working very diligently lately, which is great for the hand of the diligent shall rule. I have been watching this thread for a while now and I'm am glad to hear that you are going to sprout your Pre-Soviet Kandahar landrace seeds and your 1969 Skunk seeds. I hope all goes well with your growing and breeding, I hope you find some amazing new terpene profiles, and potent keepers for future cannabis breeding projects. Also I beseech you to sprout your rare African Black Magic seeds before they are not viable. I ask this because this strain could be a possible breeding tool to unlock new psycedelic weed properties in cannabis. Also it could add new terpenes and flavonoids to the modern cannabis gene pool. Keep up your good work, for your work will not be in vain. I'm looking forward to seeing your success in this cannabis industry.

Kush Kloud

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The seeds I`m attempting to crack are ones kept in my motorhome`s fridge. These are not the ones I keep in several different sub-zero freezers in different locations for the start up of MC seeds. They are not kept at optimum conditions. The ABM is not in danger and would require way to much work before it could be released. I`m just not equipped to work on any fussy strains as of yet. I keep a much smaller amount of seed strains available to me here because of security concerns. I`m using these to grow cash crops for capital to work on my farm and living expenses. If all of these strains were to fail it wouldn`t put a dent in my collection of genetics.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I know you have a sick collection stashed away, so jelly. I lost my stash, keep waiting to find it some day. Until then, I will start another one. Good luck, skunk sounds so nice. Good work @markscastle

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Best to enrich seeds in Nitrogen Gas and double vacuum wrap and then use butcher paper to slow freezer burn effect for very long term storage. Also use subzero freezers. Keep the temps even and don`t keep taking them in and out!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It is still cold at night so it may take longer for seeds to sprout in soil , even if pre- germinated. I`ve had seeds come up under the snow up here several times in the past. once they get a couple sets of leaves they just stop growing until Spring and warmer weather. I`m thinking if in a greenhouse they will veg better , but if it get too cold it could still kill them without heaters. Sure would like to have some wood fired heaters for the greenhouses! Lights would also be nice but the cost of that off grid would be a factor as much as the cost to set it up. Just because you can do it does not mean it is cost effective.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I got the greenhouses emptied out and all the stocks removed now. Everything I could cull is already at my buddies to be made into ice hash. The soil needs to be worked up for the next crop , the ends taken down and the sides rolled back up to start putting in screen this time around. It may slow the air flow just a little but when screened in it will keep hopers and moths out and lady bugs in. It will also make it hard if not impossible to see inside the greenhouses from the air. I also need to hook up the solar panels to the exhaust vents this time around to help draw some of the hot air out with sun power. Wish I had more of these solar powered fans! I`d also like to use them for circulation , they would have to be made to run off battery power so they would work 24/7 though . Might be easier to run regular fans with and inverter with batteries being charged off of a generator and solar. Still waiting to see if any of the seeds come up I have going. Like to get a few more plastic covers for flats and some more heating pads so I can start two more flats of seedlings to work with. I also should use some of the left over plastic covering for some cold frames for young plants. I have everything I need to make them I think.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Went to the Spring fed creek and got a load of water today. It`s flowing better than I`ve seen it before. Runs very low around the first of September though so we will see. Going to make a bunch of runs starting tomorrow to fill up my tanks while the getting`s good and the weather is nice. I`m going to flush my beds as well . Wish it had fish in it! Just some trout would be nice! Oh well there are other streams around to fish anyway!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Attachment

Top Bottom