Mikedin’s garden center, Let’s grow!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Same! I usually use the grey bag but I’ve used the pink too. The tomatoes and vegetables I’ve never really stopped to look at. You put that in your mix for starts eh? Or is that just for plants you bring to maturity in pots?
For the seedlings and soil blocks it was 50/50 promix BX and fox farms strawberry fields and 1/4 tbs / gal of Gaia green 4-4-4

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I find very satisfying from the last picture how well aligned those buds are hahaha. Theyre looking great, waiting to see those buds in later stages.
Legit, I have come back to this a couple times today. It’s just clean af.
The kind of thing that def is honed to a razors edge. Proper. 👊🏻
Thanks fam! Been goin at it all day across the board, just slammin veggies in 4” pots and trying to find room 🤣 sticking stuff out in the mini greenhouse, should be holding mid 40’s at night so they should be ok in there put the hot cherry peppers into 5 gallon fabric pots, soil mix was… last grow’s soil and root balls mixed with half decomposed compost from last year, let’s see how they do!

Besides that the veggies continued with the mix used yesterday still have another 2 Rubbermaid totes full of soil to use need a few hundred more cups bud we’ll see how it goes

Cocktail fruit trees gettin their funky on hopefully they fruit this year fingers crossed! Look at all those varieties haha

IMG 3927
IMG 3928
IMG 3934
IMG 3935
IMG 3938
IMG 3939
Rama777

Rama777

I planted and mostly neglected some pimentos in 72’s. One set is pure amended coast of Maine. The other is 50/50 with promix.

The growth rate appears to be triple the rate in the 50/50 blend. They’re pale and in need of transplanting, but definitely they grew much faster until stunting.

EF2E2E78 C9F9 4178 A5D4 6363E876C5E2

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I planted and mostly neglected some pimentos in 72’s. One set is pure amended coast of Maine. The other is 50/50 with promix.

The growth rate appears to be triple the rate in the 50/50 blend. They’re pale and in need of transplanting, but definitely they grew much faster until stunting.

View attachment 2159516
Hell yeah! More the better! Got seedlings and clones for all the neighbors ready haha just surprised one haha gunna be a good smellin summer around me 🤣 there all outdoor folks haha

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Just goin the hell at it still 😆 tiller been givin me issues finally figured it out, it’s an old school Briggs and Stratton but it’s the pull start rewind clutch is toast and is pulling on the recoil and stopping the motor with a good ol squeal 🤣🤣 we’ll, new one ordered I’ll put it on when it gets here Tuesday and continue, made decent progress though with it this morning and in between the rains before it gave up on me

Soil is immaculate this year, tills like bags of fresh compost 😁nice and rich and dark, mixed in a few wheelbarrows of half decomposed compost Into the 20x20 and I have a 10’x250’ roll of woven plastic garden fabric gunna cover both gardens 100% years think, garden is gunna look a bit different this year 🤘

May be sneaking another 5’ onto the side of the big garden as well 🤣

Strawberry plants are flowering as well and raspberry bushes are spreading out like crazy

IMG 3948
IMG 3947
IMG 3944
IMG 3945
IMG 3946
IMG 3950
IMG 3951
IMG 3952
IMG 3953
IMG 3954
IMG 3955
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Thanks fam! Share up some pics dont be scurred!
First pic is fallowing your garden theme (going to do that to a lot of rounds to make a garden bed).
And the second pic are my plants (the two ugliest at the time) recovered from me being a dumbass : ) I almost didnt make a dairy post for my plants after the great drought of 2024 haha. That post is out there in all its glory 🙄😂
IMG 6146
IMG 6141

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
First pic is fallowing your garden theme (going to do that to a lot of rounds to make a garden bed).
And the second pic are my plants (the two ugliest at the time) recovered from me being a dumbass : ) I almost didnt make a dairy post for my plants after the great drought of 2024 haha. That post is out there in all its glory 🙄😂 View attachment 2160458View attachment 2160459
Just knocking out the bigger bed now finished flipping the 5’x50’ add on by hand then added 5 wheelbarrows of my homemade compost on top it’s not fully done but that’s ok I’m covering it all in heavy fabric after it is tilled so it’ll continue to break down in the soil

Most likely will be a cherry tomato row down the edge of the bed I have 10, wife wants watermelon too though…. Somewhere has to fit about 200-300 onions as well lol

IMG 3970
IMG 3971
IMG 3972
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Just knocking out the bigger bed now finished flipping the 5’x50’ add on by hand then added 5 wheelbarrows of my homemade compost on top it’s not fully done but that’s ok I’m covering it all in heavy fabric after it is tilled so it’ll continue to break down in the soil

Most likely will be a cherry tomato row down the edge of the bed I have 10, wife wants watermelon too though…. Somewhere has to fit about 200-300 onions as well lol
Im trying my hand at compost this year : ) for application next year.

200-300!? Holy cow! Whats the area of that once they’re planted? I like the idea of a cherry tomato row👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom