MPB Start to Finish

• Thread starter yayarea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

yayarea

After looking at all the pics and the ability to stay within the legal limit, this is the system for me. I am also trying to get a shopping list together like many others, so your guys input would be greatly appreciated. First off the room is 11 x 16, and I am trying to find what best suits this room so I can go shopping. Heres what I have pictured.

X = plant
O = light

7 LIGHTS, 8 PLANTS

X O X
O X O
X O X
O X O
X O X

4 plants getting light from 2 sides
2 plants getting light from 3 sides
2 plants getting light from 4 sides

OR

8 LIGHTS, 7 PLANTS

O X O
X O X
O X O
X O X
O X O

6 plants getting light from 3 sides
1 plant getting light from 4 sides

OR

6 LIGHTS 9 PLANTS
X O X O X
X O X O X
X O X O X

All plants getting light from 2 sides, but more plants?
I noticed in the DIY thread the lights were setup this way not staggered . Doubleds what is better staggered lights and just rows? ( I dont know if staggered is what you call it but I think you know what Im asking) This would be easier on my pocket since I already have 6 lights!

Which will yield more? Your guys info is very much needed, Peace

bigdrty

bigdrty

you need to have at least 3 - 4 sides covered with Light..
1000w would be the way to go. and remember to keep distances of Min. 40" from center of each bucket and the walls..

D

doubleds

After looking at all the pics and the ability to stay within the legal limit, this is the system for me. I am also trying to get a shopping list together like many others, so your guys input would be greatly appreciated. First off the room is 11 x 16, and I am trying to find what best suits this room so I can go shopping. Heres what I have pictured.

X = plant
O = light

7 LIGHTS, 8 PLANTS

X O X
O X O
X O X
O X O
X O X

4 plants getting light from 2 sides
2 plants getting light from 3 sides
2 plants getting light from 4 sides

OR

8 LIGHTS, 7 PLANTS

O X O
X O X
O X O
X O X
O X O

6 plants getting light from 3 sides
1 plant getting light from 4 sides

OR

6 LIGHTS 9 PLANTS
X O X O X
X O X O X
X O X O X

All plants getting light from 2 sides, but more plants?
I noticed in the DIY thread the lights were setup this way not staggered . Doubleds what is better staggered lights and just rows? ( I dont know if staggered is what you call it but I think you know what Im asking) This would be easier on my pocket since I already have 6 lights!

Which will yield more? Your guys info is very much needed, Peace

8 lights,7 plants is the way to go. You will have a perfect garden. Although i have a garden with rows of lights it is not optimal at all. The ones in the middle row are huge but the ones in the outside rows only yield about a pound and a half.

I look forward to seeing your build and grows, lets revolutionize growing !!

dds

E

easypleasie

yayarea, when's the expected launch date? Really exciting around here with everyone starting up mpb systems! I'll be joining shortly :)

Y

yayarea

Im trying to get all of the materials together right now, I cant find the 60 liter tubs, I can get the tubs from homedepot the mrdizzel is using, but just trying to keep it as close to the original DD design as possible. Hey DD what would be the problem with going with the 2- 1inch ebb flow fittings that already has the gasket for the drains?

Y

yayarea

Hey DD where can I find those 60 liter tubs? cant find them at homedepot or lowes.

true grit

true grit

yayarea- I'm running the 7 light, 8 plant configuration so far and things are looking solid, but I'm definitely going to add another couple 600's next run on the sides/corners.

E

easypleasie

hey yay, I haven't found those tubs anywhere in stores. I did see them on some website but haven't found it again. I think there was a link in one of his threads somewhere. Might be a Canadian site. They look just like our recycling bins but black. And if they're like the recycling bins, they are super tough and won't flex very much. Especially when you cut a hole in the top. I've tried everything from the home depot tuff boxes to igloo coolers. I decided to recycle what I had and made my own. I made sure to ask DDS about sizes so it's holds the same amount of solution as his tubs. Just round instead of rectangular. His mini-res holds about 5 gallons of solution.

I'm using the 1" ebb n flow connectors. Had them handy so didn't see a need to buy new ones. Don't see any reason why they wouldn't work. It's just a fitting and you can get nice screens that slide right on :) You don't get the convenient quick disconnect but I can deal with that :)

D

doubleds

Im trying to get all of the materials together right now, I cant find the 60 liter tubs, I can get the tubs from homedepot the mrdizzel is using, but just trying to keep it as close to the original DD design as possible. Hey DD what would be the problem with going with the 2- 1inch ebb flow fittings that already has the gasket for the drains?

homegrown hydroponics

1-800-info-gro

ask for cindy

they ship to united states everyday.

they also have "the best" 1/2 inch hose on the market and you can buy hydro fungicide from them also.

dds

bigdrty

bigdrty

homegrown hydroponics

1-800-info-gro

ask for cindy

they ship to united states everyday.

they also have "the best" 1/2 inch hose on the market and you can buy hydro fungicide from them also.

dds

Hey DD's

Is the main feed a 3/4 inch adapter off the main 1/2 inch pump and tees to a 1/2 inch hose which enters the 60L mini res?

thanks

L

Lost

I still have not found a T where the middle is 1/2 and the others are 3/4. I might just have to use an adapter, or is that how everyone is doing it?

bigdrty

bigdrty

So going to have to run a 3/4" Main Line which Tees into a 1/2" line into each of your mini Res.

thanks
Drty...

B

Boots Sugarleaf

I still have not found a T where the middle is 1/2 and the others are 3/4. I might just have to use an adapter, or is that how everyone is doing it?

just get the plastic barbed hose connections, like this:

image.img

hope this helps u guys

E

easypleasie

Boots to the rescue! That's perfect if you're using flex hose.

B

Boots Sugarleaf

yeah, I assume everyone uses flex hose, but I guess you could run pvc...the flex hose is best IMO, it connects to the pumps easily and you can easily add dripper lines or cut and add new connections much faster and cleaner than with pvc-

home depot has a shit selection for hose and fittings, I think lowes does, or any good local hardware should--or home brewing supply stores do as well, well, they have nice gaskets and hose

L

Lost

I already have those, but will it connect a 3/4 to a 1/2? I guess I haven't tried. I kinda assumed there would be a adapter, but I guess you could just force the 1/2 tube over the 3/4 barb?

E

easypleasie

lol good luck getting 1/2 to fit on 3/4, bro. Be easier to pick up some new ones. They make reducing connectors but with the money you spend on them, you might as well buy the other ones.

Top Bottom