Mrdizzle's second MPB style jock

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chrometrichs

chrometrichs

have you guys tried running the drip emitter tubing in a circle instead of running 2 dripper emitters. It seems to be really effective at distributing the drip feed evenly through the hydroton. I ran the circle a few inches outside the 4" rockwool forcing the roots to grow out, which hopefully has prevented the cube from getting too soaked. My mpb is still in its infancy but is coming along nicely, thread and pics to come!

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

hey dizzle how are you adjusting the height of the lamp in the cool tube, chains? yo'yo's?

M

mrdizzle

I use wire, I bought a spindle of wire, i think 16gauge, the thin stuff, and I hang everything with that stuff, super strong, super easy to bend, shits amazing. I put eye hooks and pull the wire through and bend the wire down, when i want to pull it up, i just pull the wire and then rebend it in place.

the thing with the drip rings, the plant was pretty big going into the buckets, so having a drip ring doesnt get the cube wet and it dries out in 10 hrs. I walked in my room the other day to my center plant almost dead. I am nursing her back to health but she hasnt really perked up yet. I dont think its a disease issuse because the other plants are dark green and healthy, I think i just almost killed her. I do like the drip ring thou I would def use that if i started in 100% growrocks, rockwool is just too weird for this set up.

L

Lost

Dizzle - I don't understand why the drip ring would kill the plant. I don't even run top drip, my buckets sit in the water pretty well tho :)

How do the roots look?

M

mrdizzle

I think the drip rings would work awesome,

My problem was I set my drip line to the outter edge of the bucket a couple days after transplant, came down stairs to check them out about 20hrs later and the center plant was almost dead wilted. The rockwool was crispy dry. I thought that the roots would chase that water, but I dont think they had long enough get out there, so anywater in my inch cube got drank. I think I killed a lot of roots. Of the flip side i was worried to get to cubes too wet and the roots would stay in the rockwool too much and take longer to get to the buckets.
I realize that for me moving forward, rockwool is off the table, Im going to use those coco baskets and set my drippers right on the outside of the baskets, so the roots pop through and away we go. as a medium its coco wicks only wants needed and as wet as coco can get it doesnt get as wet as rockwool

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

I transplanted 4" rockwool cubes into the 10" net pot filled with hydroton. Ive only run the drip rings, 24/7 for the first two weeks now and the roots are looking solid. I was hoping to wait a little more before I turned on the main feed lines but the roots look like they are ready for the dwc to kick in. If your drip ring diameter is too wide I can see a 1" rockwool cube drying out, especially if its the center plant getting light from 4 sides.

M

mrdizzle

I was using 6inch, I just had two straight tubes flowing my plants were so big they would dry out the 6inch cubes in apprently 6hrs or so. The plant is finally perking back up but it was def a learning lesson. I think I just over thought the notion of making the roots chase the water, and keeping the rockwool not too wet.

Also this isnt for this room here, this happend in my 5plant room of masters that i transplanted after harvesting those caseys, I fucked around with the top feed because i didnt have great roots in all my buckets in this 6plant room in this thread. I def over thought it, should have realized that the reason i didn thave great roots is because i flipped 4days after getting them into the tubs, and the roots had not really done anything yet. I plan on giving this master at least 2wks and making sure I have roots coming out into the tubs before I flip, then it doesnt matter how much water they get they are gravy

M

mrdizzle

the rest, their about 3.5wks, I vegged for 4 days, really really should have let the, adjust to the light before flipping and take root. lesson learned. I also had crazy heat issuse, the room is only 32 square feet better than my other room but temps were like 85* so I fucked these girls before I started. hope fully they come close to 1# per,

M

mrdizzle

here are the masters, veggin for 7days so far, the middle plant is the one that almost died from drought. she is just starting to perk up now, its been almost 2.5days now. I am going to let these get as tall as the cages, I figure another7-10days

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

props for the cooltube pics, looks like a solid setup

That poor girl in the center got rocked. Do you have a backup plant? If not maybe a corner spot will be less intense until she bounces back...

M

mrdizzle

yea she did get rocked. Im only turning on 2 lights for now, I thought about pulling her into my mom room but Im going to go see how she looks right now before I do.

the nexgens are pretty sweet, the bulbs light right up, they are probably brighter but I dont think they make a real difference

R

Ridge

Dizzle, looking for some tips or feedback. Got a 10 site set up built copying yours almost to the T. We've got some huge plants that were mothers that are about 5 months old, about 5 ft each, some masters, some bubbas, C4's and a couple others that we're throwing in to this system. Thy're currently in 3 gal buckets with just coco and our plan is this: Cut the pot off, wash the loose coco off the root mass and then set them in the buckets on top of a couple inches of hydroton and then fill in the sides with hydroton. Will use the two dripper lines with no emitters since the plants are so large, thinking they need more water then smaller ones.
Would you run the drippers 24 hours until the roots hit the water?
We're currently feeding the mothers a 850-900 ppm mix, stick with that or go a little lower for a few days since they'll be getting a lot more water then they were in their pots?
We're thinking of vegging them just long enough for them to adjust to the system and the roots hit the water, then flipping since they're so huge already. A total of 7-10 days I'm thinking, does that sound right?
Any other tips or ideas for making a smooth transition for these large ladies? Thanks in advance for your help.
As soon as we drop them in, I'll post pics.

L

Lost

Ridge - If I might make a suggestion. Do not transplant your moms. If anythng put them in a bigger coco pot and just flower them verticle. The stress from moving will hurt yield pretty bad..

Then there is the dwc issue. My experience with dwc is that if it is not rooted in dwc, it is not going to like the transition.

With 5 foot trees in coco you should still get 2 pounds a tree if you do it right :)

M

mrdizzle

here an update day 2 of flower, the center plant came back, still a lot smaller than the other but it didnt die on me.

M

mrdizzle

few more, the tiny babies are what will go into this room 2 months from now, and the larger babies will go into the last pictures room in 3 weeks. the last pic is of the room I flipped after a for day veg that was pretty much heat/light shock. good learning lesson, the buds look great thou, very tight the cooltubes are keeping that room perfect temp and heating my house up great.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Is that a danner air pump you got running? I spotted what looks like that ap-100 on on amazon for like 160, just curious if your happy with it, and how loud that beast is? looks like your going to be hitting the ceiling again with those monsters, should be another fun ride....

M

mrdizzle

go with the pondmaster 100ap, awesome, not loud at all. marvins garden sells them for 139 plus 14 shipping. works out to right around 160. I hope I hit the ceiling haha, im also gonna show off a major leaf pluck around day 21. I only do one major leaf pluck

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

I keep trying to find marvins garden online but when I google it I get everything but... you gotta link?

Top Bottom