My plant need helps please

• Thread starter Blickmorant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Blickmorant

My plant need helps please

Any Idea of what's going on ? Repotted to bigger pot 4 days ago and I'm going to water now ?

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Looking that droopy I would say over or under watering. Thats a pretty big pot for such a small plant which makes watering a bit tricky. I usually up pot to a 1 gallon and then to the final pot

B

Blickmorant

Looking that droopy I would say over or under watering. Thats a pretty big pot for such a small plant which makes watering a bit tricky. I usually up pot to a 1 gallon and then to the final pot
Shit I'm kind of stuck now so I guess I will see

D

DougV

In a pot that large and a plant that small you should not need to water every couple of days, maybe once weekly. Might I suggest the following:

Go on the web and find a volumetric calculator fot a cylinder. (https://www.omnicalculator.com/math/cylinder-volume)
Use 1 inch as the height and diameter or radius of your pot, again in inches. That will give you cubic inches. Divide by 231 and you will get US gallons. Or cheat and set the calculator to give you gallons.

For a 5 gallon pot you’ll have a diameter of roughly 12.5 inches. At a height of 1”, that’s 122.72 cubic inches or .53 gallons.
For a 7 gallon pot, diameter of 14.3, 1 inch height, that’s 0.7 gallons.
For 10 gallon pot, diameter 15.9, 1” height, 0.86 gallon.

I stole, borrowed, those diameters from Vivosun. They’ll be close but measure your own pots for more exact numbers.

This is not a growing marijuana trick, it’s an old gardeners trick for estimating how much water to water a plant with. You should have your pots sitting on top of a plant elevator in a saucer or over flow tray. Slowly add the appropriate water, over a period of minutes, to your soil. That will not overwater dry soil and you will not need to water again for 4-7 days. Before you water, take the world’s finest moisture meter, your finger, and stick it a couple inches into the soil. If dry, water, if cool and damp, hold the water.

This will work especially well with fabric pot and good quality nursery pots with good drainage.

You don’t want to water lightly and frequently. That leads to poor root development. You want to water deeply, some runoff is fantastic to minimize salt buildup, and then let it dry. That encourages good root development, minimizes rot potential, and minimizes the work.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
It's the only one that looks like that out of 4 others
let’s see the others,.
that plant in picture is from not letting it dry out enough,. fat bloated leaves, stunty looking,..
and what’s with only half filling the bag?
i’d take out and put into a one gallon container filled properly in say 2-3 days,. pre soak the medium your transplanting into now so in 2-3 days it won’t be soaking wet,. put under low light for a week,.

Top Bottom