Need advice on yellowing leaves during flower

• Thread starter SoloFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoloFarmer

SoloFarmer

Flushing is another urban legend. Does nothing but help the grower get a good nights sleep.
I only ever flush in the last 1-2 weeks just to remove nutes as I personally find it removes harshness from the buds when smoked

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

I’ve never done foliar feeding so is there any brands I should go for or do they all do about the same?
I dont have much knowledge on foliar feeding but you can use about anything the plants just dont absorb much through the leaves after what i have experienced
Why foliar feed whats your concern what good do you think it will do you?

Z

Zill

Mr. green,

Given the short time remaining between now and harvest I suggested a foliar feed. Gets there quicker vs. the vascular route.

Solo,

Less is more. Get some over the counter general purpose dry fertilizer, miracle grow. Add 1/4 teaspoon per 500ml spray bottle. No need to drench. The only downside I see is wetting the buds.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Yellow leaves don't recover, meaning they won't become green again. It can be due to normal senescence (old age), so it may not be something to avoid. The plants are putting everything they have into reproduction. The best practice, as I see this problem, is to feed them well during late vegetation and early flowering. I know that doesn't help now. Foliar feeding as @Zill suggested might help—I've never tried it. Whatever nutrients used to foliar feed must be water soluble, of course.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Mr. green,

Given the short time remaining between now and harvest I suggested a foliar feed. Gets there quicker vs. the vascular route.

Solo,

Less is more. Get some over the counter general purpose dry fertilizer, miracle grow. Add 1/4 teaspoon per 500ml spray bottle. No need to drench. The only downside I see is wetting the buds.
Totally agree just not a foliar feeder myself
but as love growing it said stop feeding until your in the right range again
And just feed the leaves
Just only do it before lights out

SoloFarmer

SoloFarmer

Thanks for all the help guys, really appreciate it. Pretty sure il be able to see this crop through till harvest with all this extra knowledge now.
I will post an update on them in a week or so

B

Budtirement

If you take a box cutter and make a 1 inch square hole through the side of the pot close to the bottom, or carefully use a drill, you can directly check whether the soil is moist, and the pH of the soil, to verify or disprove those two possibilities. If the soil at the bottom of the pot is not getting uniformly wet then the roots will dry out and the leaves will yellow as the plant puts all its resources into the flowers. That's what I think I see but good to check so you can avoid the issue next time. Pretty flowers, your going to get some nice smoke regardless.

Top Bottom