Need help from soil growers

• Thread starter Newbgrower1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budtirement

I'm interested to know what relief the soil retailer would agree to for the issue of insect eggs in soil advertised as packed with naturally occurring nutes, forest products, myco and specifically, not sterilized. It seems like a stretch to expect flora but no fauna from such a soil. They could heat it but that would destroy all life and defeat a primary purpose. Sterilized potting soil is right there at the garden center and it's way cheaper than a premium product like FF. They might be nice about it and exchange it but if you opened the package they can't sell it and it's an expensive loss.

When using a living soil like FF HF indoors, a prudent workaround would be to plan to put the soil in the pot, water it and put it in a warm place for a month and take care of whatever crawls, wriggles or flys out before bringing it in the house. Expect the unexpected!

Grow your 4 in Virginia!

FFHF label
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Eggs or fungus?
20240501 113542

I'm going with fungus these days and I'm guessing a beneficial fungus? I've got half a 60 gal trash can full of mycelium but wtf is this stuff?

Top Bottom