Need help salt build up, to flush or not to flush?

• Thread starter Bubba kush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bubba kush

Bubba kush

I'm three weeks into flower and running 4 Skywalker that is doing very well so the problem is with my platinum and my king Louie. They both ate starting to yellow very bad. They are looking like shit and not really growing. They are flowering nicely but much slower that the Skywalker. They have stalled out for the last two weeks and I thought I had a nitrogen deficiency so I added some more nuts. The Skywalker is doing good but the other 8 girls are fucked!!! I'm getting ready to flush with RO water ph to 5.9 and my question, is this a good idea and should I add zine to the water? I'm using dm gold with the zone and silica and I have the add .27 as well. Please help. I have a grow log if that will help you help me. Thank you very much.

G

GeneticFreak

Merry Xmas to you! I've had some strains that just plain didn't like silica. It seem to be tricky to use for me. I don't have a ton or really any uc experience but I think that flushing is a good idea and that you can use zone. You might consider that the others don't like silica as its not a neccessity. Unless of course you know they do and have used it on them in the past. Peace GF

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

Thanks brother, So I should use zone for the flush? I think I will flush for 24 hrs then back to nutes at about 350-450ppm.

G

GeneticFreak

Are you considering dropping the silica? When I said that my plants didn't like it. I meant to say they locked up because of it. I flushed with floraclean for 24 and did my regular change out minus the silica. Plants bounced back. That was in ebb n flood tables though. I still think the same would be fine for uc. I would not waste the zone for a 24 hr flush if your using something to disolve excess salts from your roots. As long as you water temps are low you should be fine for 24. Or just flush with 1ml/gal zone and water. They definately need to be flushed and most likely lower the ppm. This is why I will never mix strains again. I been there bro and it sux. I saw your thread with the pics and I wanted to tell you to just pull em. Tough spot to be in! Goodluck!

H

hogan400

Some here mix strains fine, some dont. Im running 3, they are getting along ok but time will tell. Zone is a sterilizer and you can flush with it, but it may not be worth the cost. Silica can be used but it seems 80% of what I read is to avoid it in the uc. I am not a uc pro but I will say treat it as if it were any normal growing method. Read all you can like homework. 10% of what you do is actual applying what you choose to "use" from reading.

Keep this simple man, simple, simple, simple. I use dm gold a+b and zone only. My only additive is cal mag at 2ml a gallon. some say mix cal mag then nutes and some say the exact opposite. I believe it can work either way personally as Ive done it many times w no Ill effect..

What Ive seen with uc is that plants respond quickly!! Not always positive for us new guys.
I add cal mag to 120-180 ppm in r.o water (1-2ml per gal)
I add a+b to my strength I desire.
I add zone at 1-2 ml per gallon depending on my own personal stress... hahah but either is fine. In that order. I would add "my nutes"weaker (325-350ppm) and start feeding my topoff higher and slowly raise my ppm. I have done a few things that made a huge difference for me. I created a log to monitor progress morn and night.
I watch ph but dont adjust it. Only thru my feeding schedule in my topoff will i adjust it now. My plants are finally raging because of it. Every time I adjusted or added or changed some shit my plants slowed and it took 3-4 days to regain normal growth, you gotta give em time to respond enough to make a proper diagnosis.

try to not cloud your first run w add.27 or silica or anything else. There are pros here doing exactly the above mentioned formula and having good success!

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

You think I should boot the .27 and just run with the base.

ttystikk

ttystikk

When I flush my RDWC I use straight tapwater, I don't even pH it. I also don't let it sit for 24 hours. I run it in, flush it through and then get rid of it. No additives in the flush water at all, so far so good.

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

Ok so I ran RO water for about 4 and while that was going on I mixed a new batch. I only used DM gold A&B at 4ml ger gal and zone at 1 ml/gal. I passed on the add .27 and the silica. My ppm is at a low 330

Should I add some calmag or just ride it out a few days ands see what happens?

Should I have flushed longer?

G

GeneticFreak

When I flush my RDWC I use straight tapwater, I don't even pH it. I also don't let it sit for 24 hours. I run it in, flush it through and then get rid of it. No additives in the flush water at all, so far so good.

How often do you flush?

C

crossouttheiis

drip clean has worked awesome ive only done 3/4 flushes and havent had any build up

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Ok so I ran RO water for about 4 and while that was going on I mixed a new batch. I only used DM gold A&B at 4ml ger gal and zone at 1 ml/gal. I passed on the add .27 and the silica. My ppm is at a low 330

Should I add some calmag or just ride it out a few days ands see what happens?

Should I have flushed longer?

I run the same as you with the DM Gold and have had no issues in 9 months. Make sure you add the 27 after you mix your nutrients than add the Silica and Zone. I only use the Silica at 1/10 of recommended when I remember, just trying to use it up. Dan from UC says don't use it. Cal-mag has caused issues in the UC when used to strong, I don't use it much if at all now. I would not run just water for any amount of time as your starving your plant and nothing is going to move (element wise) in your plant. Always flush with 25% nutrient if you feel you have to flush at all. Got to go now but I can explain why flushing with water does not work if you like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom