need some advise about my plants

• Thread starter jetbtkng
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jetbtkng

jetbtkng

i live in cali in the mountains above bakersfield, ive been growing these since about july 10th, it was around 100 degrees when i started these, now its been upper 80's low 90's, do these look healthy, if not any suggestions on whats needed, they get 6 to 8hrs of sun, then i bring them in & put them under my grow lights till they get 14hrs of light, just wondering if im ok, thanks for your support....

Thumbnail 45
Thumbnail 46
Thumbnail 47
Thumbnail 48

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Sick boat and cute piece of grass 😄

I can't see much of the plants tho, but they seem to be trying to handle the weather and the soil looks very sandy?

For two months old in that kinda of sun if we'll watered in a good soil they would be monsters by now.

jetbtkng

jetbtkng

Sick boat and cute piece of grass 😄

I can't see much of the plants tho, but they seem to be trying to handle the weather and the soil looks very sandy?

For two months old in that kinda of sun if we'll watered in a good soil they would be monsters by now.
well thats what i was thinking, i just bought a digital ph moniter & a ppm to check soil, should be here in a few days, i think my water is really hard & my ph is about 71/2 to 8, but im just guessing, as for soil, im using a mixture of potting soil & sand, soim just trying to figure this out, havent grown anything in about 45yrs, lol.....

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

well thats what i was thinking, i just bought a digital ph moniter & a ppm to check soil, should be here in a few days, i think my water is really hard & my ph is about 71/2 to 8, but im just guessing, as for soil, im using a mixture of potting soil & sand, soim just trying to figure this out, havent grown anything in about 45yrs, lol.....
Ditch the sand and use 25% perlite in your potting soil if it doesn't have any perlite added already from factory, will be much better as an outdoor mix.

Last edited:
GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Hey man you made it through! Glad to see another sjv person on here. Some closer pics would help. But glad they survived!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Way too small. Something is amiss. You can’t find a place in that big yard where they get all day sun? If they would’ve gotten off to a decent start you wouldn’t have to bring them inside. I’m about 600 miles north of you. But in the valley.

jetbtkng

jetbtkng

Way too small. Something is amiss. You can’t find a place in that big yard where they get all day sun? If they would’ve gotten off to a decent start you wouldn’t have to bring them inside. I’m about 600 miles north of you. But in the valley.
we have tweekers running around & my neighbor has little kids so no cant plant them outside, that was my original plan though, so now they get a 50/50 sun/grow light action, i also think my ph is off/too high

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
It would be my guess that your soil is no good. I think that is one upgrade you need to make next year. I don’t like black plastic pots if the temperature is up near 100 all summer. What elevation are you at? The soil probably isn’t draining. Worth a darn which is very important! And what kind of light do they go under in the house? not meaning to be mean. But I grow in 100+ degrees all summer and don’t have any problems. Would they happen to be auto flowers?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Just think you need to rethink your methodology. A lot of changes need to be made. Obviously. Those are going nowhere fast, so you might as well just let them flower and be done with it. Got all winter to do your due diligence. And help is available if you want it.

jetbtkng

jetbtkng

It would be my guess that your soil is no good. I think that is one upgrade you need to make next year. I don’t like black plastic pots if the temperature is up near 100 all summer. What elevation are you at? The soil probably isn’t draining. Worth a darn which is very important! And what kind of light do they go under in the house? not meaning to be mean. But I grow in 100+ degrees all summer and don’t have any problems. Would they happen to be auto flowers?
well its potting soil mixed with some sand, were at 3200ft, & my pots drain real good due to the sand mixture, i will be posting more pics a little later of my plants & lights, no there just regular plants, & im not offended at all, your trying to help me, thanks...

L

Learningdetroit

well its potting soil mixed with some sand, were at 3200ft, & my pots drain real good due to the sand mixture, i will be posting more pics a little later of my plants & lights, no there just regular plants, & im not offended at all, your trying to help me, thanks...

Few questions that no one really asked for some more info.

Are these autoflowers? I know you said regular plants but are you sure?
If they are they probably did just stunt due to the weather conditions. But I couldn’t fathom a photoperiod in that climate and sun range to be like this.

What type of sand did you mix with your soil?
If it wasn’t like washed river sand then I could see salt being the culprit of all the yellowing you removed and problem in general.

Had you been feeding anything? You said everything is draining really well with the sand are you perhaps over watering out nutrients?

The one plant looks like it’s already budded but it’s really hard to tell from the photos.

In reply to the main question.

You can put them under lights but to you will that be worth it to run the lights and fans for these 2 plants. You have to think as well if you’re going to do another grow under your lights bringing in outside plants can contaminate your entire room/tent if there’s something wrong with these 2. So you’ll need to deep clean before the next go around under the lights.

jetbtkng

jetbtkng

Few questions that no one really asked for some more info.

Are these autoflowers? I know you said regular plants but are you sure?
If they are they probably did just stunt due to the weather conditions. But I couldn’t fathom a photoperiod in that climate and sun range to be like this.

What type of sand did you mix with your soil?
If it wasn’t like washed river sand then I could see salt being the culprit of all the yellowing you removed and problem in general.

Had you been feeding anything? You said everything is draining really well with the sand are you perhaps over watering out nutrients?

The one plant looks like it’s already budded but it’s really hard to tell from the photos.

In reply to the main question.

You can put them under lights but to you will that be worth it to run the lights and fans for these 2 plants. You have to think as well if you’re going to do another grow under your lights bringing in outside plants can contaminate your entire room/tent if there’s something wrong with these 2. So you’ll need to deep clean before the next go around under the lights.
its sand i bought at the hardware store i used to level out pool, a truck load, as for feeding, using diluted piss, made my own calmag or what ever its called, also some miricle grow stuff thats 10-10-10, i water about every 4 days, about a quart, but i think i have a ph issue & root lock, heres more pics of my stuff...

Thumbnail 50
Thumbnail 51
Thumbnail 62
Thumbnail 58
Thumbnail 60
Thumbnail 57
Thumbnail 55
Thumbnail 49
Last edited:
spudpuppy

spudpuppy

Well partner, I agree with comments about your soil. What kind of nutrients are you feeding these plants? I am not a small time farmer myself with three plants. I planted my sativa girls on April 1st and I’m about 2-3 weeks until harvest. So many folks on this site are such experts about growing, but I use Grow Big from Fox farms, and Voodoo Juice and Big Bud from Advanced Nutrients. Good luck amigo, from Northern New Mexico. I live at about 7,000 ft with a short growing season so I understand your growing climate.

L

Learningdetroit

its sand i bought at the hardware store i used to level out pool, a truck load, as for feeding, using diluted piss, made my own calmag or what ever its called, also some miricle grow stuff thats 10-10-10, i water about every 4 days, about a quart, but i think i have a ph issue & root lock, heres more pics of my stuff...

If you can find the exact sand you used take a look and see exactly what kind of sand it was. If it was construction/leveling sand I’m betting it wasn’t washed and had a bunch of contaminates that could of lead to all of this. Most sand has salt in it and if it’s not washed out your just ending up with very salty soil when you mixed it. I know some people use sand to grow clones but it’s usually river sand that is washed thoroughly.

It could be something else but everything pushes me towards that conclusion.

jetbtkng

jetbtkng

If you can find the exact sand you used take a look and see exactly what kind of sand it was. If it was construction/leveling sand I’m betting it wasn’t washed and had a bunch of contaminates that could of lead to all of this. Most sand has salt in it and if it’s not washed out your just ending up with very salty soil when you mixed it. I know some people use sand to grow clones but it’s usually river sand that is washed thoroughly.

It could be something else but everything pushes me towards that conclusion.
ok i flushed my plants soil & my ph levels were almost 800, 795 to be exact, so now im going to let them dry out for a few days, then i will be making my water 675ph, add some phosphate low dose, my homemade egg shell calmag, also the sand has been washed really good, we had alot of rain & the sand was douched, lol, i may add a little epsom salt mixture i made, anything else u can think of adding, im trying to make all my own nutes...

jetbtkng

jetbtkng

so u guys gave up on me, im just trying to get my girls healthy...

Latest posts

Top Bottom