New grower advise greatly appreciated

• Thread starter Monkeybigbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

Hi all growers I used to grow 20 year ago but it’s all changed a bit since then 🤦‍♂️
I have a 4x2 spider farmer grow tent sf2000evo light DWC TOP FEED started these AK47, BLUEBERRY GUM, CHOCOLOPEZ, one week since soaking got them in a 10lt bucket at moment PH6.0 ppm 450 my tap water is 370 very small amount of feed general hydroponics micro grow bloom. When should I put them into the dwc system was thinking couple of weeks when few roots come out of basket ? how far away do I need light and at what strength % also what humidity in the tent what’s your thoughts fellow growers any advice greatly appreciated

New grower advise greatly appreciated
New grower advise greatly appreciated 2
New grower advise greatly appreciated 3
G

GreenNotYellow

Well I'm not that much into hydro as I don't have much recourses for that, yet taking a look on those plant I'd say they could definitely use some more feeding, color of the leaves indicates that they are a little starving

Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

Well I'm not that much into hydro as I don't have much recourses for that, yet taking a look on those plant I'd say they could definitely use some more feeding, color of the leaves indicates that they are a little starving
Thanks for your reply How much feed would you say might take the ppm up to 800 any thoughts on that

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Imo Your ppms seem good no need to increase. Your tap water may even suffice for now but a little nutes won’t hurt. Plants together in a bucket or container will get roots tangled. I hope you will individually separate them when they get a little bigger.

Keep ph in the 5.6-6.5 range. Water temps between 65-75F, use a good air compressor for your air stones. And always try to keep the water moving(no stagnant water.)
Avoid cranking up your lights too high, I suggest the min to 20% for now and approx 12”-16” above canopy for now.
Check leaf temps. Leaf temps should be less than air temp. Use a IR thermometer if you don’t have one yet I really suggest min setting on your light for now till you get leaf temps. Avoid any light penetrating to your water to avoid algae which can suffocate your plant. Abide by these and you should be good till they get bigger, then you may have to add more nutes later on.

Seedlings can grow in a basket with clay pebb Les in a dwc system as long as there is moisture in the pebbles for the roots to stretch. The air stones usually provide enough splash to get the pebbles moist.

Last edited:
Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

Imo Your ppms seem good no need to increase. Your tap water may even suffice for now but a little nutes won’t hurt. Plants together in a bucket or container will get roots tangled. I hope you will individually separate them when they get a little bigger.

Keep ph in the 5.6-6.5 range. Water temps between 65-75F, use a good air compressor for your air stones. And always try to keep the water moving(no stagnant water.)
Avoid cranking up your lights too high, I suggest the min to 20% for now and approx 12”-16” above canopy for now.
Check leaf temps. Leaf temps should be less than air temp. Use a IR thermometer if you don’t have one yet I really suggest min setting on your light for now till you get leaf temps. Avoid any light penetrating to your water to avoid algae which can suffocate your plant. Abide by these and you should be good till they get bigger, then you may have to add more nutes later on.

Seedlings can grow in a basket with clay pebb Les in a dwc system as long as there is moisture in the pebbles for the roots to stretch. The air stones usually provide enough splash to get the pebbles moist.
Hi thanks for your reply I’ve got got a rdwc top feeder plus air stones for them to go into when ready not sure when to put them in ? My ph after nutes is 6.00 then goes up to 6.07 after couple of days is that ok I’ve turned light down to 40% @ 16in my rt stays between 75f & 77f light on 65f & 68light off

Hi thanks your reply sounds like good advice thank you
I’ve put them in this 10lt bucket with two air stones just to grow on thought be easier to keep eye on everything I intend to put them into a RDWC see pic not sure when do I wait for more roots to come out of bottom 1 root showing now my. I ph after nutes to 6.00 then goes up to 6.07 see pic after couple of days. My water temps are within range.
I have turned light down to 40% @ 18in
My leaves temp is below room temp see pic
My rh is between 66% & 71%
Look forward to any advice

IMG 3682
IMG 3684
IMG 3685
IMG 3683
Teslajuana

Teslajuana

I think you’ll be fine as long as there’s moisture in the pebbles and the pH is right your plant will grow have a look at my latest a diary. I threw My seedling in before the root was protruding below the basket and it’s a pretty massive plant now. Took a few days for the root to start protruding out the basket. Looks like you got everything needed. May you have an awesome grow!

Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

I think you’ll be fine as long as there’s moisture in the pebbles and the pH is right your plant will grow have a look at my latest a diary. I threw My seedling in before the root was protruding below the basket and it’s a pretty massive plant now. Took a few days for the root to start protruding out the basket. Looks like you got everything needed. May you have an awesome grow!
Thanks for the advice mate just looked at your pictures awesome girls they look top notch what feed do you use I’m general hydro for my first grow give it a go and see

420autoflier

420autoflier

So you said your ph runs 6.0 to 6.07. Did you mean 6.7? i have a top of the line blue labs combo and it doesnt read in 1/100 ths.

Monkeybigbuds

Monkeybigbuds

Not sure why my leaves are like this look twisted and pointing up any ideas ?

Top Bottom