New Grower Needs Some Help

• Thread starter chitownglass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chitownglass

Unknown strain, should be decent quality seeds as my brother grows, they were laying around for a year. 2 weeks old since sprouting on top. Bottoms didn't germinate quick enough so I put em in soil with just water. they are 1 week old since sprouting. The bottom ones came out looking mutated or something, i think thats why they got stunted. Top ones were looking healthy up until about a couple days ago. Idk. Light is a cheap enjoyield ep2000, claim of 2000 watts lol, more like 350, after doing research seems like a decent budget light for like a 3x3 space. Im in the closet atm and its only like a 2x2 space as i am waiting to get a tent soon. I had the light set at 2/3 strength and 18 inches from canopy for almost the whole time. I just raised it up to 20in and dimmed it down to 1/3 strength as I figured i might be clobering them with too much light for my space. Plants were looking super short and almost kinda like they topped themselves. Idk. I'm new to these led lights. Not like hps where u know its too hot and too close. Grow medium is a 70/30 mix of fresh regular topsoil with no added nutes, and a coco coir mix that my brother previously used for growing. Typical coco mix with all the perlite and what not. Coco mix was flushed thoroughly so I think my medium shouldn't be to hot. I didn't have any other medium available so I just kinda through em in there. Ph of soil is decent at like 6.5, ph of water is good too at like 6.2. Just started a very light feed the other day. Using general organics nutes and going half strength according to their feed chart. I've been really careful not to water too much. Using the mister really up until that first feed. I just watered them. It was dry with my finger in there all the way to my knuckle. Water is draining nicely through medium as far as I can see. Plants looked pretty healthy up until a few days ago. Leaves are turning pale yellow/green and ones tip is burnt. Will be transplanting tomorrow into some 2.5 gallon pots. Temp is steady just around 75-78. I don't have a hygrometer but I have a humidifier in there, should be straight. Have a regular fan gently running too. Stems look nice and thick. I've had some experience growing cannabis but that was long as hell ago. I do however enjoy my houseplants so I'm not too uninformed to plant basics. I'm trying to think if I missed anything? This was supposed to be a cool new hobby to start, looking at it as a learning experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I attached some pics.
Thanks in advance!

New grower needs some help
New grower needs some help 2
New grower needs some help 3
New grower needs some help 4
Last edited:
C

chitownglass

Are you going to transplant? Those are small pots and you don't have them filled all the way.
Yes tomorrow. I know I snoozed on it a bit. I've been really busy with other things in life you know. Should have been done earlier. I've grown some pretty big ass plants in some small containers before so I'm undecided on whether or not that is the issue here. Maybe the pots are too small and it dries out too quickly? Which in turn requires frequent watering and misting. Maybe I went a little overboard with the misting? Idk...

C

chitownglass

Over watering.
Thats what I was thinking but its been bone dry when I water them and leaves seem kinda papery thin. Don't seem like they are plump, juicy, droopy, and full of water. I know a lot of my houseplants look like that when they are thirsty and immediately spring back up after watering. Maybe I'm wrong tho. Im stumped. Should I let them dry out for a few days before transplanting and see if that helps or repot asap? They will need a little more water when transplanting you know.

Thanks

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
shitty mutant seeds, happens alot with fem seeds
Just been seeing it pop up a bunch lately. I would hate to see anyone have, glad I’m wrong.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Do they ever get back into the groove of things? Or do they usually continue growing all weird?
When it happened with mine, 1 grew right through it, after about the fifth set of leaves. The other looked like the comic book character 2 face. It never got right, it did indeed end up having the crazy hooked leaves like in the pic @logic posted. Even the flowers grew half normal, half weird. It was a very strange virus. So both, but really I hope I’m wrong here, it did affect final yield, but it wasn’t world ending.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hey bud welcome to the forum. The truth is a 3x3 tent only has enough room for a couple of plants. Most of the plants pictured are not viable.
Consider transplanting the best 2 into 5 gallon pots or bags. Compost the rest. You will have a much easier time taking care of 2 healthy plants rather than 6 sick plants you don't have room for in the long run any way. I know it's hard but you will be far happier in a week.
Your growing medium is everything!
Growing in coco.

What General Organics or other juices do you have on hand today?

Do you have a ppm meter
PH meter
Keep in mind that you don't need a lot of light to start your plants. My seedling and early veg lights. are 13 W Florescent. 6.5k 860 Lumens.
and they are great for young plants.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/attachments/cfl-jpg.1193231/
or I can bump it up with 2 of these.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/profile/1164020/

The lights you have are very powerful. Care must be taken not to cook young plants with them!
There are a lot of great guys in the forum. Relax think about it for a day or so and do what is right for you.
Enjoy the process. If ya kill these ones there are 1000 seed suppliers out there.

Top Bottom