New Room + Fluence Spydrxplus - What Medium Would You Use?

• Thread starter Raj Jah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Raj Jah

Raj Jah

Greetings growers.

Long time reader/user of this site, finally have questions I can't seem to find an answer for via researching posts.

Currently awaiting delivery of a new Fluence Spydr LED.

1st question. This will be my first LED grow / new space... What medium would you use for a 4x4x9? Why?

The new room is 10x12x9 total. Imagine a room inside a warehouse that has no AC, but lots of available air flow and stable 78-85 degrees year round. All I've ever used is DWC in small 3x4x7 and 4x4x8 spaces with a 600W HPS. With new pumps, etc, a new DWC set up is going to be a $300-$400, and a RDWC is going to be about $1100 after the chiller.

Im considering running the LED over the old 35 gallon DWC site with 4- 8" pots and just building another for the HPS.

AT this point I've got the new light, old 600, CO2 (http://www.co2boost.com), and a basic bubble bucket setup, and about $700 to play with.

WWTHCD?

Raj Jah

Raj Jah

Going Coco. DTW. AirPots (3 Gal). Top feed/drip. Now to decide on coco brand & nutes.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

That's a big space for conventional F & D. You might try Hydro Halo Drip Rings but I had clogging issues which meant pots ere not getting full feedings. I even drilled the holes larger, but they still clogged with algae build up inside, but none in the rez. After that I switched to F & D 2 plants on a 2 x 4 set up

Investigate an Undercurrent set up

FYI, I had the first SPYDR 600 using 85% white diodes. It worked well, but the Amare kicked it's ass, at a lot less money

Raj Jah

Raj Jah

Thanks PhatNuggz. I did look into a UC RDWC setup. Those look like the real deal. While the whole room is 10' x 12', Im only going to use the coco under the Spydr in a 4'x4' to test it.

The Amare's look and sound great, I cant find any info on suggested coverage area though. What was your sqft under the Amare? What was your medium?

I interested in possibly stacking the Spydrs eventually doing something like this.

view-source:

Not sure RDWC is the way to go if I want to build stacks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom