New Simplified Way to Water

• Thread starter ComfortablyNumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Watering slowly seems to be quite important. I noticed drooping leaves occurs less when I water over many hours.

There are several ways I tell if I'll need to water soon. The tent humidity is highest after watering and lowest just before watering. The leaves show signs of needing water, too. I use a moisture probe to help know when to water, but not when to stop adding water. I test the soil in a few places every day. I'm interested in seeing the amount of moisture at several levels of soil, so I measure the moisture at 2 inches, half-way and the length of the probe.

I've noticed that moisture levels seem to be highest near the concentrations of roots. I suspect it's due to capillary action moving moisture toward the roots as the roots transfer it up to the leaves.

I found it if you can get them to 4 feet with a decent amount of roots they can handle pretty much anything you throw at them in the way of watering as long as you let them dry back every once in a while! Really crucial while they are smaller!
Growing healthy plants is all about healthy roots.

Top Bottom