Newbie growing Jack Herer fem auto. Sure is taking a long time. Or where did I go wrong?

• Thread starter grasschatter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

grasschatter

I planted 3 Jack Herer feminized autos on pete pellets in the dark June 1st. The seeds all sprouted June 4th. I put the seedlings in Jiffy pea pots with Foxfire mix. 2 weeks later transplanted entire pot into same Foxfire soil mix in plastic 3 gallon pots with real good drainage in the bottom. I did remove some of the peat pot carefully and all soil and roots held together nicely. I grew them in the bathtub with a big window and six LED strip lights on blue. Then I added another couple of clamp lights with grow bulbs. They did okay and then started budding before they had a lot of height or leaf growth. They were maybe two feet. I switched to red light . They were growing very slowly at 6 weeks . Someone suggested too much light. Cut the light back to 12 and 12 as it had been about 6 and 18.

I never water too much and I'm pretty careful with the Foxfire nutrients. I only fed them a fourth of the recommendation on the can which was Foxfire Big Bloom earthworm castings with bat guano. When very early they they started to bud , (before they were even 7 weeks old ) I gave them a little Open Sesame for bud development. I won't go into the ingredients in as many of you are probably already familiar and it can easily be looked up.

Well, they just didn't look all that great after 2 months which was the prescribed length of time from planting to harvest. Teeny tiny buds with lots of hairs on them already so I finally said Back To Nature. Even though last year's plants got butritis out there in the wild of my back deck. It was too much water and rain in that case.

Anyway after I moved the trio outside last week when they were 9 or 10 weeks old. They seem to be doing quite a bit better. But still not a whole lot of bud development.

I think I should have used some light fingered LST. The buds look very undeveloped to me. I see undeveloped calyx's underneath the buds. Any suggestions? Even damning comments will be welcome. I'm a a new flu isolation grower who started in 2020. The first pick is at about 2 weeks the rest of the pictures are current which is a little more than 10 weeks. Thanks in advance for any input or suggestions.

Newbie growing jack herer fem auto sure is taking a long time or where did i go wrong
Newbie growing jack herer fem auto sure is taking a long time or where did i go wrong 2
Newbie growing jack herer fem auto sure is taking a long time or where did i go wrong 3
Newbie growing jack herer fem auto sure is taking a long time or where did i go wrong 4
Newbie growing jack herer fem auto sure is taking a long time or where did i go wrong 5
Newbie growing jack herer fem auto sure is taking a long time or where did i go wrong 6
Newbie growing jack herer fem auto sure is taking a long time or where did i go wrong 7
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I have a Jack Herer in late flower. It seemed to grow slowly. It's ripening slowly, too. It looks good, though, and I'm expecting a good yield. This is the second time I've grown it.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Kind of sounds like you answered your own question. Move them out into the sun and they are doing better. Sounds like a light problems in the beginning. And once you fuck up an auto flower, it will dog you for the whole grow. hang in there. Bathtub grows with rinky-dink lights. Don’t farewell in general.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I have a Jack Herer in late flower. It seemed to grow slowly. It's ripening slowly, too. It looks good, though, and I'm expecting a good yield. This is the second time I've grown it.
Oops! I missed seeing that yours are autos. Mine is a photo. Sorry.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
One of the problems with autos is there isn't much time to recover when things go wrong. That's why I grow photos. For these, it's probably best to get them as healthy as possible and let them finish.

Derbudd420

Derbudd420

Could be you stunted them with transplanting. Autos don't like any hickups, they just do what they do, if you don't throw any curve balls at em, bad light, nutrient mishaps, no air circulation, wrong rh. All can adversely affect an auto flower. I don't think you should learn with autos. I grew bag seed for , a long time. Cheaper on the bankroll, when I fucked up.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

What was the total wattage of all the lights you had over them? If there are multiple types of lights, what were the total wattages for each type?

G

grasschatter

What was the total wattage of all the lights you had over them? If there are multiple types of lights, what were the total wattages for each type?
I'm going to read up on the wattage of these lights. I thought it would be adequate for three Auto grows. Thanking everyone for the comments and help.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Potting up plants at that size hell, any size. even if it’s an auto it won’t freak out and die. They like being potted up. It’s a strange thing that theory. Unless you go tearing at the rootball like a honey badger…..

G

grasschatter

Potting up plants at that size hell, any size. even if it’s an auto it won’t freak out and die. They like being potted up. It’s a strange thing that theory. Unless you go tearing at the rootball like a honey badger…..
No, I was very careful and did not disturb the root ball at all. Well, going on 3 months next week and I think they may be ready. Trying to chop while sativa but figuring that out is an ART.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
No, I was very careful and did not disturb the root ball at all. Well, going on 3 months next week and I think they may be ready. Trying to chop while sativa but figuring that out is an ART.
Congratulations homie!

Top Bottom