No MPB but MPB inspired what size room

• Thread starter Desertboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Desertboy

Desertboy

After a lot of work and time and money oh so much money I'm getting ready to build the room. Mine is slightly different from most you MPB users as I'm only doing 1 plant with 4 600w

O--O
--X--
O--O

in Coco in a 90l hempy pot DTW dripper fed by 24 drippers and by 2 seperate maxijets 3-4 times a day, chiller, flooming instead of airstones for aeration in the 200l res, air conditioned 12000btu, co2 ppm controlled from bottled gas, cool tubed lighting on outside->outside air circuits.

How big should I build the room originally I was going to do 6x6x6 but now I fired up a 600w I realised they're not as bright as I remember so thinking of dropping to 5x5x5 so the ceiling can also act as a reflector? 4x4 seems too small and negates an upgrade to kw lighting if I ever feel ballsy enough.

I'm going to build a plywood room, insulate it with celotex/kingspan line the floor, walls and ceiling with diamond mylar and fit a ceiling fan and a low output ozone generator.

Intending to run the room sealed 24/7 except for the air transfer from my visit.

This has been a long time coming and I have doubleds to thank I suppose even if it was inspirational rather than practical.

I might add 4 airstones to the base of the hempy but I was hpoing to do it without airpumps and airstones.

Even if I DWC in future I shall rely on flooming instead of airstones.

G

GBOOST

Unless you plan on growing a small plant, I suggest thinking bigger. Trees grow upwards of 5-6 feet round, and you still have to fit the lights in the corners as well. I would at minimum build the room 6ft from the edge of one bulb to the other, at least if you want you can move the light inwarsd now if its to enough intensity and you have enought to run 1k lights later. You will also need a minimum of 6ft in height from the top of the rockwool cube. Factor that into your height calculation in case you weren't including the container.

GB

L

Lost

I would put one 600 above the plant with 3 in a triangle pattern around it. Use a 6X6 Cement matrix for support and put that bitch on the rack....

Therack
Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

if you have the chiller why not go RDWC? You could make that setup so easy bro with one bucket. Probally just take a 27 gallon strong box tote, elevate, and use a 4" toilet flange with plumbers putty and 4" drain pipe going back to the res. Recirculate the solution with a 3/4 bottom fed ebb and flow fitting and also top feed with your drippers. Then use a 3.5 gallon bucket and fill that with coco to start it in. You would get so much more yield. Use the light layout that lost suggested.

Desertboy

Desertboy

I considered somethng like that lost 4 lights in the corners and 1 light above means buying another tube I might upgrade after it's running.

I decided to guarantee a good yield I would stick to aggregate culture for 2 grows in my new build before taking the plunge with dwc or possibly a flood/drain custom build or maybe even modifying my amazon to become a dwc/aero water culture hybrid with ~90l of grow space.

I'm using coco this time and fytocell next time which is amazing stuff I was partially inspired by the dude who did the warehouse grow that was recirc hydroton dripper fed I was amazed that aggregate culture could bring such results and I like the backup of power outs with little effects on the plant itself.

Coco nutes often have nutes in organic forms which is ok for coco but hydro nutes they're generally in inorganic form first and offer a potentially quicker higher yielding plant.

The difference between dwc and aggregate culture also has to factor in the fact that last time I grew DWC everything died (Suspected pythium) so I want some bud first before I play.

Do any of you infect you plants with mico before putting in the dwc?

The maximum room size is 6ftx6ft can't go larger height upto 7foot from floor to ceiling.

How wide do your plants get lost?

I am not a medi grower and could get in some touble if caught so I have aired on the side of caution hence 1 plant.

L

Lost

Desert boy, My plants get about 8 foot in diameter. Don't expect that from coco, maybe 6 foot wide. My current mpb's are growing into each other again.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Desert boy, My plants get about 8 foot in diameter. Don't expect that from coco, maybe 6 foot wide. My current mpb's are growing into each other again.

Since my room is 6x6 8foot would be no goer that said 600w.

Last time I grew 1 plant in coco I took 37oz from kw in a scrog with no co2 in 4ft tent I am confident the medium will perform amicably then I'm going to do a pure fytocell because I'm interested in the medium itself. Then I might build a dwc, maybe mod that amazon or even build a flood/drain in a 100l tote with no medium (Something that should compete well with dwc without the airstones, flooming or potential pathogen problems.

L

Lost

Dude, just rock a 5 gallon bucket with a 10 inch netpot lid for your 1st dwc. Cheap, easy, lots o learning..

A

antimatter

Yhea that fytocell does look interesting its not the suretogrow stuff even though at first look you think it is.

Top Bottom