Non-24 Hour Lighting Timers?

• Thread starter mrgrowguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Does anyone know of, or can link a timer that can do 18 hours of light and 12 hours of dark, ignoring the normal 24 hour day period?

I have a theory, but all timers I find will only work on a 24 hour cycle.

I don't want to give away the details of my theory [yet], just need a special timer for the lights.

Quantrill

Quantrill

A smart relay can perform this timing function if it has the "asynchronous pulse generator" function.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Does anyone know of, or can link a timer that can do 18 hours of light and 12 hours of dark, ignoring the normal 24 hour day period?
I've seen some digital timers from Apollo I think that were on a weekly cycle. So you could set up non traditional lighting style on one.

I have a theory, but all timers I find will only work on a 24 hour cycle.

I don't want to give away the details of my theory [yet], just need a special timer for the lights.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Someone from another source enlightened me, use a weekly timer and do 18 on 6 off one day, then 6 off and 18 in the next day, then 12 on 12 off the following, etc.

Will still have to play with the seventh day OMG the pattern though. But it's a start in the right direction.

Thanks guys :)

J

jinxjj

Sounds like a pain in the ass to keep changing the same timer.

Can't setup the digital ones in the way you describe?

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
If you get a seven day digital or mechanical timer you can set it by hrs. You just have to act like you don't see the days. So say 18hrs on 12am to 6pm then 12hrs off from 6pm to 6am. Then on 6am off 6pm, etc. it's not hard to manipulate the schedule. I may be doing this to battle test a male.

Latest posts

Top Bottom