NugSmasher not working too great... am I doing something wrong?

• Thread starter Growth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Growth

We recently got a NugSmasher mini. We followed the video just as instructed.

We let it tune the plates temperature 3 times.

We set it to 205 and filled a 3.5g bag and we pressed. We pressed until it was difficult to press more and then released.
After we started to see some rosin coming out we pressed harder.

We tried 4 times.
Once with dry crackly old weed. That give maybe 1 hit of wax.
Once with brand newly dried/trimmed weed. That gave nothing.
Once with shaggy outdoor weed. That gave nothing.
Once with older jarred curing/cured weed from a year ago. That gave .3g from 3.5g.

So... why are we getting so little to none if we're doing it exactly how instructed?

MEGA956

MEGA956

What size micron bag did you use?

I saw one of their videos and with flower they say to fold the edges of the bag in.

I tried it and got good results. This is about 8 grams of Cherry Zoda flower

G

Growth

I saw one of their videos and with flower they say to fold the edges of the bag in.

We tried different sized bags. We listened to the instructions on if it's older or fresher which micron we should use. So we followed that.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Moisture content of your bud is important. Almost too tacky to burn is about right to press. Works for me anyways

warm plates
warm flower
then press

Chem77

Chem77

IMG 6904

G

Growth

Yeah that's like 10x what we got from an eighth. Yours might be better quality or maybe we didn't use the right filter, maybe there's a lot more to it than just bagging and pressing that we haven't learned yet.

B

Busybee817

We recently got a NugSmasher mini. We followed the video just as instructed.

We let it tune the plates temperature 3 times.

We set it to 205 and filled a 3.5g bag and we pressed. We pressed until it was difficult to press more and then released.
After we started to see some rosin coming out we pressed harder.

We tried 4 times.
Once with dry crackly old weed. That give maybe 1 hit of wax.
Once with brand newly dried/trimmed weed. That gave nothing.
Once with shaggy outdoor weed. That gave nothing.
Once with older jarred curing/cured weed from a year ago. That gave .3g from 3.5g.

So... why are we getting so little to none if we're doing it exactly how instructed?
Your bud should be stored @ 62% Relative humidity before you press ityou can go up to 70% as long as your pressing soon. Some bud just doesn't press well. From my 6 years of solventless extractions ive learned that for the best yield the buds need to be STICKY. the stickier the better. Then they need to be most. You do the ol wet paper towel in the bag to moisten it up BUT be careful. Too long and your weed will mold. What micron bag are you using? Higher volume = 120 micron Gets you biggest yield, but lower quality 80 micron will get you a lpwer yield but better quality. Theres your basics. Now for the learn as you go stuff. Pack your bag tight! Wad it up into 1 giant bud if possible. REMEMBER TO WET THE BAG! Not physically, but close your press plates on the bag of bud so there is just enough pressure that you cant pull it out and leave it for 40 secs-1 min, then slowly raise the pressure over the next 3-4 mins. If your straining your using too much presssure. For temps 205 is a good mid point but you will loose terps on that. Im A mile above sea level and i usually press at 185°-190° but that does depend on the strain. And elevation you live at. Too much heat, too much pressure will turn the bud into a piece of toast long before you can squish any oils out of it. Be prepared to do some trial and error. Hope this helps.

G

Growth

Your bud should be stored @ 62% Relative humidity before you press ityou can go up to 70% as long as your pressing soon. Some bud just doesn't press well. From my 6 years of solventless extractions ive learned that for the best yield the buds need to be STICKY. the stickier the better. Then they need to be most. You do the ol wet paper towel in the bag to moisten it up BUT be careful. Too long and your weed will mold. What micron bag are you using? Higher volume = 120 micron Gets you biggest yield, but lower quality 80 micron will get you a lpwer yield but better quality. Theres your basics. Now for the learn as you go stuff. Pack your bag tight! Wad it up into 1 giant bud if possible. REMEMBER TO WET THE BAG! Not physically, but close your press plates on the bag of bud so there is just enough pressure that you cant pull it out and leave it for 40 secs-1 min, then slowly raise the pressure over the next 3-4 mins. If your straining your using too much presssure. For temps 205 is a good mid point but you will loose terps on that. Im A mile above sea level and i usually press at 185°-190° but that does depend on the strain. And elevation you live at. Too much heat, too much pressure will turn the bud into a piece of toast long before you can squish any oils out of it. Be prepared to do some trial and error. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much. I was also told the weed in the leftover pucks can be used to cook with, is that true? I have them stored in the freezer in case.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Everyone I know that’s making carts is not pressing flower, a lot more to it than that. Good luck
some clean wax and some Terps liquidizer is all that a person needs to make a vape cart. Absolutely, there are other methods but this one is quick simple and highly effective.

B

Busybee817

Thank you so much. I was also told the weed in the leftover pucks can be used to cook with, is that true? I have them stored in the freezer in case.
That is true. My partner has me save some of them just for that purpose. Not a lot of thc left in them, but some cbd's and nice flavoring. I usually keep my pressed bags in a jar until i have about 12, then soak them in ethanol to get the last of the rosin out of the bag, evaporate the ethanol and scrape up the rest of the Concentrate. Im cheap so i count everything.
20240310 144333

B

Busybee817

some clean wax and some Terps liquidizer is all that a person needs to make a vape cart. Absolutely, there are other methods but this one is quick simple and highly effective.
Quick way that ive been using is dissolve the rosin in a solvent, evaporate and the remaining oil is thin enough to make carts with. If not, repeat the process. You do lose terps though. But its cheap.

G

Growth

That is true. My partner has me save some of them just for that purpose. Not a lot of thc left in them, but some cbd's and nice flavoring. I usually keep my pressed bags in a jar until i have about 12, then soak them in ethanol to get the last of the rosin out of the bag, evaporate the ethanol and scrape up the rest of the Concentrate. Im cheap so i count everything.
View attachment 2133424
Lol you have a lot more experience than us. Best we got was .3g from 3.5g flower. Isn't it supposed to be 1g:3.5g ish?

Top Bottom