Old school skunk..does it exist???

• Thread starter Jackson1969
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mothman

Mothman

I have smelled some really strong and skunky buds over the decades and it is true, there is almost a burnt rubber vibe
I’m starting to get excited! I’m growing Future #1 from Anesia Seeds (the 2 on the right) and at 3+ wks since flip I’m getting a very distinct burnt rubber aroma when they’re handled. Wonder if there’s any skunky goodness in its family tree?

IMG 4845

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Skunk vomit, rotting carcasses or burnt rubber doesn't really sound like something I would miss. Maybe try but not miss. Give me a sweet skunky OG any day.
Been minimum 20 years since I’ve smelled or smoked that memorable bud it dosent sound like something you’d want but once you smoked some of it… when we used to get it, it was from a buddy’s deadhead dad haven’t smelled or smoked anything even similar since he passed

Mothman

Mothman

Spacemansalienbud

Spacemansalienbud

Hey everyone. I’m Space. I’m growing a RKS. Haven’t had real skunk in almost 30 yrs. But so far(started stinking after 2nd week of life. She is on her first week of flower but her whole veg she smells of skunk and cat piss real cat pee and skunk. Like u driving out in the country and u smell that and like damn somebkdy growing the good shit I’ll keep yall updated
IMG 9408

Last edited by a moderator:
S

steek82

In the Saginaw Michigan area in 1987, there was SKUNK bud.
Soome of you know EXACTLY what i mean.
Is this strain available today.Every skunk i have triwd here in michigan, is not the same.Dont even come close...someone shed some light????
Hi.iv been thinking about having ago at chronic indoor just one big pot/rino bucket possible.. Any tips.thanks

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Hey everyone. I’m Space. I’m growing a RKS. Haven’t had real skunk in almost 30 yrs. But so far(started stinking after 2nd week of life. She is on her first week of flower but her whole veg she smells of skunk and cat piss real cat pee and skunk. Like u driving out in the country and u smell that and like damn somebkdy growing the good shit I’ll keep yall updated View attachment 2167161
I hope these turn out good. I have been in that same situation many times and what I found out happens is the plants smell really skunky in veg and even in flower. However once I harvest and dry/cure they have a tendency to loose the skunk vibe then end up just mediocre. It’s not the way I’m curing either cuz I have a legit curing rig and other non-skunk strains come out killer. The skunk hunt has a way of lifting up your hopes and then dashing them at the very end. I’m not trying to be a Debbie downer or a pessimist either this is just something that has happened to me literally dozens of times. I truly hope your plants can make it over the finish line with the skunk smell that would be awesome. Keep us posted 👍

I

Infusd

Found the 90s Super Skunk through my friends dispensary on a native reservation. Leaves smell like catpiss/ammonia but the stem rub smells like skunk.

Also scooped up a 40 year old clone only version of "roadkill" skunk. Not much in the smell department yet since she traveled a few states to get here, but as I was cleaning her up, the cut spots smelled like a nasty, deep, nauseating skunk.

Will be running clones from these side by side.

20240508 220128
20240508 220141
20240508 220201
Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Did that 81 Heirloom ever pan out??? Ive got 2 packs of those, and the 79. And also the Southern Super Skunk, and Fowl Egg. But havent grown them.
I also have an old worked line of 90s, and 2000 era Super Skunk from Lucky 13 Seeds, though, I dont expect it to be Skunk. But is a good line from old days. Its called Y2K Skunk. They also have a work 80s Skunk 1 line, but sold out instantly a while back. It will be a while before its released again.
I was/am highly skeptical of the Skunk Seeds from Sunshine State/Katsu.
Im sure if yours arent smelling of a skunk by now, they aint going to, because the stuff we had, reeked from early on. This was from 79-84, and my buddy lost it to the cops. He got ratted out.

Top Bottom