Oops Help Please

• Thread starter juiceyjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juiceyjay

juiceyjay

So my bro came to visit from out of town and asked to bring his plant and put it with mine while he is here (will be here for a few weeks) I said ok. it's only a foot tall plant in 3x3 rockwool. I did a stupid and didn't properly look the plant over :( it wasn't until the plant was already in my room for 6 hours I realized it was covered in powder mold like everywhere and it was sitting by the fan! What should I do, will my plants be ok or do I need to take some precautionary measures? Will isopropyl alcohol work 50/50 with water?

HELP PLEASE!! the plant has already been removed

G gnome

G gnome

So my bro came to visit from out of town and asked to bring his plant and put it with mine while he is here (will be here for a few weeks) I said ok. it's only a foot tall plant in 3x3 rockwool. I did a stupid and didn't properly look the plant over :( it wasn't until the plant was already in my room for 6 hours I realized it was covered in powder mold like everywhere and it was sitting by the fan! What should I do, will my plants be ok or do I need to take some precautionary measures? Will isopropyl alcohol work 50/50 with water?

Get the humidity as low as possible

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

That's going to be a little problem. It's raining here and I don't have a way of getting a dehumidifier.. my humidity is at 65 right now and 70°

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Oh that was done quickly. I wanted to throw the plant in the trash but it's not mine and it's his only one.

Thanks for the quick response @G gnome

cannabeans

cannabeans

Here is a tip that works....
If you understand how powdery mildew "grows" then the best way to discourage its growth is to not give it the proper conditions to live or thrive.
DO NOT let your temp in your room fluctuate more than 10 degrees difference between the day and night cycles.
Example: If your day time temps are 80 degrees... DO NOT let your night time temp go below 70 degrees. To be even more safe try to keep the day and night temp about the same.. I assure you ...Humidity or not ... Powdery mildew cant grow!
With this method... you will have to spray nothing.

Last edited:
juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Yes I hope to keep temp constant but I won't have my tent for about a week. They fluctuate 20° right now :/ 56-75° I'm doing my best to take care of mine only one small plant got PM so far, my others are healthy.

I'll try that baking soda for sure thanks

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, as will using water pH'd to about 10, as will a physical blocker like JMS Stylets oil.

It's important to understand how PM lives and grows. Yes, high humidity*may* help it become established, but it's not the cause. And, different strains are more and less prone to it. I've had a room going where all of one strain is badly affected, yet others aren't touched.

Also, add some aspirin to the water to boost the SARS response, it's like lysine, but for plants.
Hydrogen peroxide and water 50/50. No alcohol. Spray on plant. The extra that doesn't eat the mildew will turn to oxygen.
The H2O2, once it's reacted, leaves behind water. ;) ISO leaves behind nothing. If you're using 3% H2O2 you can use it straight, too, leave less water behind.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Yes, as will using water pH'd to about 10, as will a physical blocker like JMS Stylets oil.

It's important to understand how PM lives and grows. Yes, high humidity*may* help it become established, but it's not the cause. And, different strains are more and less prone to it. I've had a room going where all of one strain is badly affected, yet others aren't touched.

Also, add some aspirin to the water to boost the SARS response, it's like lysine, but for plants.

The H2O2, once it's reacted, leaves behind water. ;) ISO leaves behind nothing. If you're using 3% H2O2 you can use it straight, too, leave less water behind.
Thank you for coming in and clearing things up Seamaiden. :)

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Thanks for the help guys, hopefully it didn't spread in my room but if it did I got all the help I needed to combat it :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom