Opinions on Active Intake Orientation

• Thread starter Newty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newty

Newty

I almost done setting up a small tent, I'm looking for opinions on intake orientation.

I'm using an ACI T4 as an intake for my 8x4 but ordered 2 ACI T6 inlines. I will be using 1 T6 for an exhaust on the smaller tent and swapping the 8x4 T4 intake with the other T6, T4 will then become the intake for the smaller tent.

My 8x4 intake had the fan on the inside floor and duct ran outside of tent and I put a register boot on the end of the duct. I won't be putting the fan in the tent for the smaller tent, instead I'll run a duct from the tent to the fan outside.

I'm trying to decide whether to then add another piece of duct before putting the register boot on or to put the register boot directly on the fan.

I have Merv8 filter to put on the register boots to filter the air coming in. Would putting the register duct directly on the fan cause the filter to be less effective since it would be so close fan?

Opinions on active intake orientation

Newty

Newty

I ended up putting a piece of duct between the fan and register boot.

Just finished setting everything up, now I just have to decide what to grow first!!!

20240314 192222

20240314 192239

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I almost done setting up a small tent, I'm looking for opinions on intake orientation.

I'm using an ACI T4 as an intake for my 8x4 but ordered 2 ACI T6 inlines. I will be using 1 T6 for an exhaust on the smaller tent and swapping the 8x4 T4 intake with the other T6, T4 will then become the intake for the smaller tent.

My 8x4 intake had the fan on the inside floor and duct ran outside of tent and I put a register boot on the end of the duct. I won't be putting the fan in the tent for the smaller tent, instead I'll run a duct from the tent to the fan outside.

I'm trying to decide whether to then add another piece of duct before putting the register boot on or to put the register boot directly on the fan.

I have Merv8 filter to put on the register boots to filter the air coming in. Would putting the register duct directly on the fan cause the filter to be less effective since it would be so close fan?

View attachment 2134975
I like a passive intake with negative pressure personally 🤷‍♂️
Happy growing ✌

Newty

Newty

I like a passive intake with negative pressure personally 🤷‍♂️
Happy growing ✌
Still have negative pressure with an active intake. Exhaust bigger then intake along with proper settings.
8x4 has 8" exhaust and 6" intake
55x28 has 6" exhaust and 4" Intake

Active intakes allow negative pressure without having to open passive flaps, less flaps open means less chance of light leaks, dust, pests, etc.

Also if more heat needs vented, fan setting automatically raise on both exhaust and intake, no need to open more passive flaps because exhaust fan is running at a higher level since the intake fan will also be running at a higher level.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Still have negative pressure with an active intake. Exhaust bigger then intake along with proper settings.
8x4 has 8" exhaust and 6" intake
55x28 has 6" exhaust and 4" Intake

Active intakes allow negative pressure without having to open passive flaps, less flaps open means less chance of light leaks, dust, pests, etc.

Also if more heat needs vented, fan setting automatically raise on both exhaust and intake, no need to open more passive flaps because exhaust fan is running at a higher level since the intake fan will also be running at a higher level.
I put pantyhose over my intake and exhaust for that, my sperm donor is an hvac tech

Top Bottom