• Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
cpurola

cpurola

Wait till you get a few with tiny little nuts! They’re even cuter!😂
Well @Oldchucky, I think the first boy has appeared!
It's a Frost Berry and supposed to be early.

Balls

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I guess it’s a small victory! The males were going anyway! But just like in human critters, there’s a big difference between early and a full-blown preemie! So far the damage looks minimal! Knock on wood! I guess you will find out within the next week or so! How many do you think you have flipped the switch on so far? And do you know what kelvin or K those lights are?

cpurola

cpurola

I guess it’s a small victory! The males were going anyway! But just like in human critters, there’s a big difference between early and a full-blown preemie! So far the damage looks minimal! Knock on wood! I guess you will find out within the next week or so! How many do you think you have flipped the switch on so far? And do you know what kelvin or K those lights are?
I think those 2 would have shown up early anyways.
I don't see any others yet, but the plants with flowers are still thinking about revegging.

The strips I bought from Amazon and added to the shop lights claim 4000K, but the shop light leds - haven't a clue.
The males have been relocated, so there's a little breathing room for the others.

Wish I could put them outside. We're having unusually warm weather and it KILLS me to keep them in.
My plan is, cut the lamp hours by 1 hour every 4 days to finally match mother nature by the end of May.
What do you think? Would they go back into flower mode?

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

I think those 2 would have shown up early anyways.
I don't see any others yet, but the plants with flowers are still thinking about revegging.

The strips I bought from Amazon and added to the shop lights claim 4000K, but the shop light leds - haven't a clue.
The males have been relocated, so there's a little breathing room for the others.

Wish I could put them outside. We're having unusually warm weather and it KILLS me to keep them in.
My plan is, cut the lamp hours by 1 hour every 4 days to finally match mother nature by the end of May.
What do you think? Would they go back into flower mode?
i used to veg clones under similar shop light LED fixtures. They work fine. A little slow since usually 50 or 60hz compared to a constant current full spectrum. but they work just fine. You will probably want them within a foot of the plants if they are going to be transported outside to finish. They will appreciate you for it. Burning nuclear furnaces are full of infra red energy and very bright lol.

And as far as plants moving outside. As long as i give em couple hours of full, intense, mid day sun every other day or so for a week or two leading up to moving them outside, i usually see them improve in color and appearance of health with a transition to outside.

If they arent used to light as intense and direct as the burning nuclear furnace of our host star, they need to be weaned in to it. They dont have to be, but if not, old growth will look a bit iffy and sometimes a bit scaley and new growth will appear physically different after the transition but be healthy, so will the shade of green. Transitioning to full sun from an LED is a MASSIVE jump in the intensity of light the plants receive. Under LED's backed off a ways, they will be generating far more chloroplasts then necessary for thriving under a burning nuclear furnace.

And ive never had reveg issues with seed plants that havent shown sex yet being moved outside in the spring regardless of their lighting schedule. It can be an important thing with clones, but not young seed plants ime. If they have shown sex, they can get a little confused for a couple weeks til theyre sure the days are getting longer, but they keep growing through this when it happens, it doesnt stunt them at all, sometimes it creates extra internodes and bud sites and quicker growth, honestly, even if not as pretty of a plant. Sometimes by fall clones that did that in spring will actually yield more bud in a smaller area/volume then the others ime, so it never bugs me much. I don;t think i've ever had a transitioning plant go full-on, "stalls for a week, then hideous reveg" unless it was a mature clone put out early with a really misaligned schedule. In other words an absolute worst case scenario. Use this info however it may be relevant to ya lol.

My current seedlings have already seen cold rainy nights in the 40s, and hours if intense mid day sun in the 80s. They've had both over watering and under watering stress, and some pretty high heat exposure. Im not worried about it though, they will be literally living outside they need to be prepared for worst case scenarios anyway lol. thats my take on it. Theyre still pretty small, but are taking hot full sun and chilly nights already, almost as if they are a wonderfully adaptive plant that evolved to do so ;)

Last edited:
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I think you’re right to get them back towards mother natures hours! Don’t have a clue whether it is better to gradually do it or do it in one fell swoop! Lol! If the tubes are removable, it’s probably printed on them! Or look for a tag that might still be on them. I just don’t think you’re doing yourself any favors, keeping them under low Kelvin lights! Kind of fighting yourself! Maybe you can segregate the ones you want to revege under a separate light! That’s kind of what I meant when I told you to put them under 20 hours of light. sometimes when things wonk out on you, you reach a point where you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t!! Kind of get painted into a corner! I know that from experience! Maybe the engineer can take a look at them, and see if he can figure out what they are. Otherwise you just have to research the effect of lights on cannabis. These are the beast I use to veg until they go outside! They seem to love it! 5000 K! 13,000 lm! 120 W, so they sucked down some power! Lol! But cheap! About 30 bucks apiece!
IMG 3129

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
i used to veg clones under similar shop light LED fixtures. They work fine. A little slow since usually 50 or 60hz compared to a constant current full spectrum. but they work just fine. You will probably want them within a foot of the plants if they are going to be transported outside to finish. They will appreciate you for it. Burning nuclear furnaces are full of infra red energy and very bright lol.

And as far as plants moving outside. As long as i give em couple hours of full, intense, mid day sun every other day or so for a week or two leading up to moving them outside, i usually see them improve in color and appearance of health with a transition to outside.

If they arent used to light as intense and direct as the burning nuclear furnace of our host star, they need to be weaned in to it. They dont have to be, but if not, old growth will look a bit iffy and sometimes a bit scaley and new growth will appear physically different after the transition but be healthy, so will the shade of green. Transitioning to full sun from an LED is a MASSIVE jump in the intensity of light the plants receive. Under LED's backed off a ways, they will be generating far more chloroplasts then necessary for thriving under a burning nuclear furnace.

And ive never had reveg issues with seed plants that havent shown sex yet being moved outside in the spring regardless of their lighting schedule. It can be an important thing with clones, but not young seed plants ime. If they have shown sex, they can get a little confused for a couple weeks til theyre sure the days are getting longer, but they keep growing through this when it happens, it doesnt stunt them at all, sometimes it creates extra internodes and bud sites and quicker growth, honestly, even if not as pretty of a plant. Sometimes by fall clones that did that in spring will actually yield more bud in a smaller area/volume then the others ime, so it never bugs me much. I don;t think i've ever had a transitioning plant go full-on, "stalls for a week, then hideous reveg" unless it was a mature clone put out early with a really misaligned schedule. Use this info however it may be relevant to ya lol.
I read someplace where if they are from seed, you can put them out as early as you want without fear of them flowering! So I tried it with 10 plants the first week of May! Every fucking one of them flowered! Story of my life! Lol! This chump has been burned enough, so nothing goes out before June anymore! North Sacramento Valley! Callie!

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

I read someplace where if they are from seed, you can put them out as early as you want without fear of them flowering! So I tried it with 10 plants the first week of May! Every fucking one of them flowered! Story of my life! Lol! This chump has been burned enough, so nothing goes out before June anymore! North Sacramento Valley! Callie!
what matters is how old they are, not whether they are from seed or not. Ive been growing for nearly 2 decades and have never had a single seed plant go full reveg on me while days are getting longer, let alone actually flower... not seen it happen once with anything but mature plants or clones with horribly misaligned schedules and a immediate non weaned transition period.

It takes this plant about a week to determine whether days are getting shorter or not in my experience, takes a couple weeks for flowering to start full on. Mature plants and clones though, gotta be careful. A little bit of odd growth is not a revegging plant, transitioning a plant back from full flower to veg, and the stunted mutated growth to follow, is a revegging plant. In the vast majority of plants ive had some scheduling issues with, as long as you correct within that first couple week period your not going to suffer end result consequences, or growth stunting, just less pretty plants.

Indica genetics that will flower even at 14hrs daylight indoors are acceptions to this for sure. Theyll start going into flower as soon as daylight hours start to shorten, they dont have to hit a certain point for it to happen so long as they are sexually mature. My biggs (bubba x gelato) is like this, and it can be a very tricky plant to get going right in the spring outside) And at most seedbank sites, these falll squarely under the "indoor seed" filters usually.

I also strongly advice against transition a plant immediately from any LED's to full sun without a fairly lengthy transition period, youll suffer consequences as logic would dictate lol.

You can put a pure indica that hasn shown sex yet outside from 24hrs light inside and it probably wont start full on flowering until after july. Not above the 30th parallel anyway. This is a truthful statement. Throwing a bunch of other unknown variables on top of this statement though, may make it seem false. It's not though.

Last edited:
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Happened to me as well here in sunny so cal. From 15 hrs to 13 triggers them. I just put a GDP mom out and expect some smoke within 3 months😉

cpurola

cpurola

I think you’re right to get them back towards mother natures hours! Don’t have a clue whether it is better to gradually do it or do it in one fell swoop! Lol! If the tubes are removable, it’s probably printed on them! Or look for a tag that might still be on them. I just don’t think you’re doing yourself any favors, keeping them under low Kelvin lights! Kind of fighting yourself! Maybe you can segregate the ones you want to revege under a separate light! That’s kind of what I meant when I told you to put them under 20 hours of light. sometimes when things wonk out on you, you reach a point where you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t!! Kind of get painted into a corner! I know that from experience! Maybe the engineer can take a look at them, and see if he can figure out what they are. Otherwise you just have to research the effect of lights on cannabis. These are the beast I use to veg until they go outside! They seem to love it! 5000 K! 13,000 lm! 120 W, so they sucked down some power! Lol! But cheap! About 30 bucks apiece!View attachment 2160481
Looked closer and found that the shop lights are at 4200K. And added strips are 4000K
So basically I'm encouraging them to flower? But they look so good.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
The 10 I put out probably had three nodes! And wouldn’t revege worth a damn outdoors! After a month, I took a shotgun to them just so I feel better! Lol! Took it personally! So now I air on the side of putting them out late! Don’t want anything to do with premature flowering outdoors! Luckily can take them into November around here! You win summon you lose some!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Looked closer and found that the shop lights are at 4200K. And added strips are 4000K
That’s kind of what it looks like! Going off a little half cocked ! You’re beginning to remind me of me! Lol! The hard way is the only way I know! You’re all right,Cpurrr! Hell I don’t know maybe the guy above is right! Maybe you can just put them out and they will auto correct eventually! But they never have for me! Sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown!😁

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

The 10 I put out probably had three nodes! And wouldn’t revege worth a damn outdoors! After a month, I took a shotgun to them just so I feel better! Lol! Took it personally! So now I air on the side of putting them out late! Don’t want anything to do with premature flowering outdoors! Luckily can take them into November around here! You win summon you lose some!
I get the single finger whorl leafs on my hemp when they reveg
20240429 124458

I see it every year but I'm only using several 9 Watt LED's 15 hr light to keep them from full blown flower during the winter/spring. They're obviously revegging now with the extra sunlight and keeping the artificial light burning. But I'm pretty sure I'll be harvesting that GDP end of June😉

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
And sister! Like I told Bear Water, who is always up for a good tussle! There’s nothing wrong with popping 20 feminized seeds as a back up in case things really go south! Where you are at, which is veg, heaven, if you start them now You will still have all the plant you can handle come September! I know it can be a traumatic experience going through September and October back where you are at! Sometimes can result in temporary insanity!😂

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

the color temperature of light has nothing to do with whether they flower or not, it can encourage some tendencies in the way they grow their vegetative growth though. Warmer spectrums tend to have tighter node spacing and larger leaves, but a weaker stem. They tend to encourage larger, although less resinous flowers if flowering based on color temperature of the light.

Happened to me as well here in sunny so cal. From 15 hrs to 13 triggers them. I just put a GDP mom out and expect some smoke within 3 months😉
Oh yea for sure, but GDP is one of the last honest damn near 100% indica hold outs around, assuming its the true blue anyway. If she was before preflowers, she wouldnt really end up going into full flower until sometime late july/early august most likely. And probably done early/mid september. Maybe sooner. Ive never lived anywhere i can grow pure indicas outside well because of fall season humidity reasons though, i end up outside shaking dew and fog mist ff every single morning, and after every rainstorm, and i still lose buds to mildew and stuff.

Fully mature heavy indicas will flower as soon as you put them out no matter what you do anywhere below the USA/canada line pretty much. If you are far enough north, and its like, idk, mid june, you can probably get em to flower naturally along with the shifting photoperiod, but you probably wouldnt actually want that up there outdoors. It can be getting pretty chilly by September, sometimes frost chilly up on my dads families land in U.P. Michigan. All they really play with up there anymore are autoflowers because everything else is just a struggle for one reason or another.

Sorry again, sativa fueled rambles as always.

Last edited:
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

the color temperature of light has nothing to do with whether they flower or not, it can encourage some tendencies in the way they grow their vegetative growth though. Warmer spectrums tend to have tighter node spacing and larger leaves, but a weaker stem. They tend to encourage larger, although less resinous flowers if flowering based on color temperature of the light.

Oh yea for sure, but GDP is one of the last honest damn near 100% indica hold outs around, assuming its the true blue anyway. If she was before preflowers, she wouldnt really end up going into full flower until sometime late july/early august most likely. And probably done early/mid september. Maybe sooner. Ive never lived anywhere i can grow pure indicas outside well because of fall season humidity reasons

Fully mature heavy indicas will flower as soon as you put them out no matter what you do anywhere below the USA/canada line pretty much. If you are far enough north, and its like, idk, mid june, you can probably get em to flower naturally along with the shifting photoperiod, but you probably wouldnt actually want that up there outdoors.
I had this happen several years ago with a Chemdog x Brutis OG cross and I've been using this to flower overwinter moms for the past couple years, mostly indicas in San Diego North County 32nd parallel.

Works like a charm. Ya know I haven't tried it with my true sativa hemp plants but seriously 15 hrs to 13 will prompt most plants.

And I'm only using eight 9 Watt LED's with the diffusers removed.

Top Bottom