Perpetual, permanent, perennial grow diary... 🙃

• Thread starter lenhug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lenhug

lenhug

Lookin nice in there! Those all going outdoors?

Hey @Mikedin, thanks man, sorry for the late reply!

I've mixed my thread up with these six which are staying in the tent and the other Pineapple Skunk which is going to be outside (see further below). Though I am having reservations about the second Pinot Noir which is weeks behind the others and I am now turning the environment to flowering for the other five when she really needs more vegging. I am tempted to stick her outside but not exactly convinced yet, she may just have to play along with her friends. I really want to compare her with the other Pinot Noir I have in there, as both are in different soil setups, to see the differences.

From this morning, left to right, top row then bottom row we have:

Zamadelica, Pinot Noir #2, Lemon OG
Pinot Noir #1, God Particle, Aunt Ginny's Elixir

The Lemon OG and Aunty Ginny's are going bananas. I think they're having a competition with each other to see who can get to the top of the tent or burn themselves on the light first...lol! I'm having to raise the light up every morning just about as they're growing so fast. The S T R E T C H is on! 💪

Have also had to space them out more due to the growth, new light will solve that as and when it arrives.

20240506 090932

20240506 090943

20240506 090949

20240506 090954

The one that's going outside will be my first photoperiod (Pineapple Skunk from HCO). She is below and just stretching her legs. I prepared the pot for her earlier:

20240506 102234

20240506 112947

Last edited:
lenhug

lenhug

Im glad it worked out for you. Yea, last round was the first experience ive had with the fucks. I have those yellow stickies on every plant now, check them each watering to make sure i dont get any. Really bummed it was CoM, that dirt smells delicious. Im trending coco now, last couple soil mixes have been in HPCC, that added coco makes for much easier watering.

Oh man, that's rough and so frustrating. I've not had the joy luckily yet but I'm sure it'll be my turn at some point. 😬

Totally agree on that soil, as soon as I opened it and and poured it out I thought the same; this smells great and looks/feels the business. Will see how it turns out. My first go with proper soil and feeding as used potforpot all in one soil kits (which include coco and also diatomaceous earth which you mentioned before)) so far which are absolutely excellent I have to say but good to branch out and try/learn other things (and cheaper!)

That HPCC is interesting, I've seen that about and mentioned a few times. Maybe I'll have to give it a go as well? Totally agree on the coco and watering.

Stokes

Stokes

Oh man, that's rough and so frustrating. I've not had the joy luckily yet but I'm sure it'll be my turn at some point. 😬

Totally agree on that soil, as soon as I opened it and and poured it out I thought the same; this smells great and looks/feels the business. Will see how it turns out. My first go with proper soil and feeding as used potforpot all in one soil kits (which include coco and also diatomaceous earth which you mentioned before)) so far which are absolutely excellent I have to say but good to branch out and try/learn other things (and cheaper!)

That HPCC is interesting, I've seen that about and mentioned a few times. Maybe I'll have to give it a go as well? Totally agree on the coco and watering.

The HPCC is just such a breeze to water, very predictable to time and the best of both worlds imo

lenhug

lenhug

Ok, I'm in. I'll come tap (hoho) you up for some advice with it when I get some. Next grow maybe. 😊

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter

I've mixed my thread up with these six which are staying in the tent and the other Pineapple Skunk which is going to be outside (see further below). Though I am having reservations about the second Pinot Noir which is weeks behind the others and I am now turning the environment to flowering for the other five when she really needs more vegging. I am tempted to stick her outside but not exactly convinced yet, she may just have to play along with her friends. I really want to compare her with the other Pinot Noir I have in there, as both are in different soil setups, to see the differences.

The Lemon OG and Aunty Ginny's are going bananas. I think they're having a competition with each other to see who can get to the top of the tent or burn themselves on the light first...lol! I'm having to raise the light up every morning just about as they're growing so fast. The S T R E T C H is on! 💪

Have also had to space them out more due to the growth, new light will solve that as and when it arrives.

View attachment 2166190

View attachment 2166191

View attachment 2166186

View attachment 2166187

The one that's going outside will be my first photoperiod (Pineapple Skunk from HCO). She is below and just stretching her legs. I prepared the pot for her earlier:

View attachment 2166188

View attachment 2166189
lookin good fam! Keep it rollin! Can’t wait to see the photo take off, you plan on training her or lettin her just grow out?

S

SnoopingAsUsualI

View attachment 2166190

View attachment 2166191

View attachment 2166186

View attachment 2166187

View attachment 2166188

View attachment 2166189
big pot

lenhug

lenhug

lookin good fam! Keep it rollin! Can’t wait to see the photo take off, you plan on training her or lettin her just grow out?

To be honest I hadn't really thought about it too much yet. I think my initial instinct is to just let her grow out with some light defoliation and maybe small LST here and there to get her going. Will see how she goes... 🙃

lenhug

lenhug

So was thinking about the photo a bit more and I currently have her under 18/6 in my propagator but was reading I shouldn't be putting her outside until at least 14hrs of sunshine per day, I thought 12 but that gives a buffer I suppose between the veg/flowering flip.

From here: https://rb.gy/tb5o5i

It also advises, and this actually makes total sense, to lower the indoor hours to match the outdoor hours as otherwise may shock her too much and even make her flower then re-veg. Do all you outdoor growers agree with that (I have so much more to learn!), it sounds perfectly sensible to me? Any other tips yo';d like to share, I'm all ears?

Looking on timeanddate.com I should hit 14hrs on 17th May so that's 10 days away which gives me a nice window to lower her current light hours before then. Think I'll give her some outdoor shade then sun as well during that time to harden her up for the adventure ahead! 🤗

Last edited:
Choppr

Choppr

Im way north Minnesota - I start my outdoor crop indoors in April for June 1st outdoor trans-planting. So mid May sounds right if your overnight temps are low 50's or higher, most of America is warmer than Minnesota in May! Minnesota we can still get night time temps in the 30's.... As far as the Photoperiod, you should be safe by mid may. Im from Florida, this Minnesota Grow Season is insane....? good luck farmer!

lenhug

lenhug

Hey @Greenjourneyman how's it going and growing?

Went with this beauty:

Only been waiting two months for it!

What veg light did you go for?

lenhug

lenhug

And just got a mail from ACI saying my T3 heater has also shipped. Ordered that back in March as well and had forgotten about it as they estimated June delivery.

Means I can take out the oil radiator inside the tent and free up some space (T3 is outside) so that's great news. Really looking forward to playing with this. 🙃

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Hey @Greenjourneyman how's it going and growing?

Went with this beauty:

Only been waiting two months for it!

What veg light did you go for?

Needed to replace the the t5 lamp in my 2x4 so I went with the phantom cultivar. It’s working better than I thought for the smaller footprint tent. Was fucking up the plants at first and I had to turn it way down on the dimmer, but plants have acclimated and are loving it. Though still only set to 70%. Really diesel led for sure.

Growing wise is really goin. Was able to really bring back my summer plants. There vegging right now in the 2x4 and we’re looking sickish just 2-3 weeks ago, but the transplant and the acclimation to the new light has really helped. They are starting to really go, I feel like they are a little bigger every time I open the tents.

IMG 0802
lenhug

lenhug

Light looks cool man and I know exactly what you mean about the plants growing so quickly. I'm having the same thing every morning when I go see my ladies. Great stuff.

They look fantastic so definitely acclimatised to your new light. Going to have to be careful with mine also as it's x4 more powerful than what I currently have so start low and go slow to start with I think.

lenhug

lenhug

So the Pineapple Skunk is coming on but god she is leggy. I ballsed up the light at the start as misread or rather misunderstood the strength of my propagator lights. It's definitely something I haven't got nailed down at all yet and a real weakness on my part so far. It's not caused me any issues yet but I see all these lovely few inch high seedlings you're all growing and mine are doing a wispy wave in the wind...lol! I'll get there though, practice makes perfect and all that!

Thinking I might transplant her tomorrow right up to her neck and let it go from there.

lenhug

lenhug

And the other ladies in the tent are going wild. Some really good structure on a few of them as well, at least looks like it from here. I'll post some more pics tomorrow.

And the bloody light was supposed to be delivered today and surprise, surprise...nothing turned up. B@stards! 🤬😄

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

And the other ladies in the tent are going wild. Some really good structure on a few of them as well, at least looks like it from here. I'll post some more pics tomorrow.

And the bloody light was supposed to be delivered today and surprise, surprise...nothing turned up. B@stards! 🤬😄

Yeah but when that new light comes you’ll be cooking. Mammoth is a really quality product. One of the local growing dispensaries is outfitted with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom