Placement of Trolmaster 3-in-1 Water Content Sensor(WCS-2

• Thread starter NYGrownCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NYGrownCannabis

Anyone have and currently using a Trolmaster 3-in-1 Water Content Sensor(WCS-2). Where is the best placement for the sensor? Is it on top of the coco grow media or along the side of the grow media through the grow container somewhere in the middle?

N

NYGrownCannabis

Anyone have and currently using a Trolmaster 3-in-1 Water Content Sensor(WCS-2). Where is the best placement for the sensor? Is it on top of the coco grow media or along the side of the grow media through the grow container somewhere in the middle?
Trolmaster will tell that it should be placed a third of the way up from the bottom of the grow media. I've read that it should be place 2 inches up from the bottom of the grow media. I use the WCS-2 sensor on a 3 gallon pot and place it a third of the way up from the bottom which is about 2-3 inches from the bottom of pot.

N

NYGrownCannabis

Trolmaster will tell that it should be placed a third of the way up from the bottom of the grow media. I've read that it should be place 2 inches up from the bottom of the grow media. I use the WCS-2 sensor on a 3 gallon pot and place it a third of the way up from the bottom which is about 2-3 inches from the bottom of pot.
I got this information from Trolmaster support back in July 2023 when I reached out to them with the same question you had:

For the WCS-2, the best calibration process to follow is below:

• 0% calibration:
    • Firstly, with the probe in open air dryness, calibrate the 0% for moisture.
    • Once the open air dryness 0% calibration is complete, stab probe (must be installed horizontally/cable running to the left or right, never up or down) about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom of the growing medium (EX: If utilizing a 6" Rockwool cube, you center the cable (oriented horizontally ALWAYS) about 2" up from the bottom of the cube)
  • Gathering EC and temperature values for calibration:
    • Go to you reservoir and collect a current reading for both EC and temperature.
    • These readings will be notated for now, but will be the last 2 points of calibration.
  • 100% calibration:
    • Once we have notated the EC and temperature, we can now over saturate (flush) the growing medium with about 125-150% of the maximum moisture retention (flush through).
    • Let sit for about 5-7 minutes after you have flushed the growing medium, then complete the calibration for 100%.
  • EC/temperature calibration:
    • Once the 0% and 100% calibrations have been completed following the above guidelines, next you will finalize the calibration by calibrating the EC and temperature to the values we had previously gathered from the water we used to over saturate/flush the growing medium.
  • Calibration is complete! For best/most accurate results, DO NOT relocate probe after calibration has been completed, or redo this calibration process at the new location if needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom